• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides [LSD Subthread] High Doses

^^^ Common ya still giggle and laugh, its just that the friends you giggle and laugh with are in your head and you might not be aware of your *real* friends sitting next to you :)
On high doses of acid I get completely cut off from everything around me and just go off into my mind.

joe

I love high doses of lsd. Low doses never do it for me. I would rather take 4+ hits of strong blotter or none at all. I like not knowing where I am and merging with my surroundings. I just close my eyes and float down stream. I havent ever had a bad trip with lsd. Good times, every time.

One of my strongest trips was off a single hit. I've also swallowed three rather weak ones and been pretty unimpressed.

But to answer the true question: I definitely cannot "function normally" on acid---that's the point!, but I can fake it when it matters, even on a relatively high dose. (Though a trick for a good trip is to be somewhere where that matters very little.)

Being vigilant about water consumption and tending to other bodily needs (especially if you're at a rave on MDMA or other drugs) is something that you just have to work at. I can monitor my water intake over time pretty well because it's something that I know is important to do. If you're not confident in your own ability to do this, it might be helpful to have a sober buddy to help you mind these things. On the other hand, I find it damned near impossible to tell if I'm too hot or too cold when I'm on acid.

Lots of acid will spin you out. Practice and experience make it easier to handle higher doses.

It's also possible that you're just a lightweight. A few weeks ago, I ate four grams of shrooms, but my buddy who swallowed just 1.0 g was far more fried than I was. His efficiency is incredible.

High doses sound like fun... I just wish I had the cash to afford such quantities of the substance!

the highest ive evr dosed was abot 15 microdots( the orange dots from 97-98) and they were abot 50 micrograms apiece atleast if not more, but definately not over 75 mikes. thats about 750 mikes in four hours, and the hardest trip ive ever had off acid. it was beautiful, and they were in criculation for months. rainbow colored visuals with tracers, writing on the walls in alphabet i could almost read and the cleanest acid ive ever had handsdown. the most visual trip ive evr had. i almost jumped off the balcony thinking i could fly, but i obviously wasnt that crazy. but i actually felt transported to a jungle and hallucinated being in a rain forest. tracers lasted for minutes and time lost all meaning. best acid i ever had, second was purple gel from 1993 that had me laughing for 6 hours straight and i was in pain from laughing, but not very visual. the black pyramid gellies with silver or gold glitter(depending on the batch) was also in my top five. i tripped so hard i couldnt understand what people were saying

You heavy trippers had better wake up to the fact that there is a toxicity factor.
That means poison. You could end up crippled with nerve damage if you take
too much. It might take 20 blotters (which put a friend in a wheelchair for six months, followed by months of therapy) or it might take 50 (which he had tried earlier -- that time he passed out for three days but somehow recovered without physical damage).

It's just plain STUPID to risk those amounts. If 10 hits doesn't get
you there, taking more won't do it either.

These aren't bullshit scare stories either. My friend went from being
a creature of angelic beauty to a pitiful scarecrow... while those of us
who recognized sensible limits are still enjoying life to the fullest.

^-- oh? Your friend has definitely run counter to the vast majority of acid experience and scientific inquiry. Sorry to hear about him, but I'm honestly going to say that I'm very skeptical. Eating a whole 10-strip is hardly that uncommon, and trips on 20, 50, or 100 hits are certainly not unheard of. What "toxicity factor" of LSD are you referring to? The half-life of LSD crystal is three hours -- a dose of 20 hits will only remain in your system for six hours more than a high-but-still-modest dose of 5. I haven't heard of any studies that actually concluded that LSD is responsible for any CNS system damage (though would certainly be very interested in any citations!).

Most people find that the greatest risk of self-damage on high-dose LSD is that when they're really twisted out, they do some stupid things and hurt themselves badly.

athousandormore said:
You heavy trippers had better wake up to the fact that there is a toxicity factor.
That means poison. You could end up crippled with nerve damage if you take
too much. It might take 20 blotters (which put a friend in a wheelchair for six months, followed by months of therapy) or it might take 50 (which he had tried earlier -- that time he passed out for three days but somehow recovered without physical damage).

It's just plain STUPID to risk those amounts. If 10 hits doesn't get
you there, taking more won't do it either.

These aren't bullshit scare stories either. My friend went from being
a creature of angelic beauty to a pitiful scarecrow... while those of us
who recognized sensible limits are still enjoying life to the fullest.

are you sure your freind ate actual LSD not 5-meo-amt or similar esearch chemical

Ok kids I looked through the Acid thread in a very cursory manner and I searched so I'm going to ask this.

I recently took about 6 hits of acid around the 300ug range (I think) I had some sensory cross over and I felt completely stripped of my personality it was a glorious trip and I fucking loved it. (My first time too!)

If one was able to obtain a measured dose of LSD what could they expect from 600ug to 1000ug? At the lower end of that spectrum what could I expect and at the higher end what could I expect? Obviously very intense visuals... but would the sensory cross over be stronger? (By sensory cross over I mean seeing sound tasting color things like that) Do the physical changes still happen or do those change at higher doses?

If this has been answered I apologize. Please don't spank me PD mods! :D

euphoricnod said:
sensory cross over :D
"Synesthesia (also, synaesthesia) is a perceptual experience in which a stimulus in one modality gives rise to an experience in different sensory modality."

:)

Ok thanks for the terminology update... lets get on the answerin of the Question nigga! :)

Short answer: yes, higher doses will give you more synaesthesia.

If you want personal experiences, try searching TR for reports on LSD.

Last edited:
basically I looked around and didn't see what I wanted. I understand that LSD causes synesthesia but I'm interested what higher doses of LSD will do. I'm more looking for personal experiences... I'm interested in synesthesia, but I'm not interested in it solely.

If any of you groovy characters out there has had high doses of LSD could you please try to explain the experience to me? I understand that can be difficult, but try? Thank you!

Last edited:
word cantr ealy describe it. the best I can do is "I heard my self looking back at me"

Mostly I get closed eye visuals that synch with music, never tasted colors or anything like that. But I'll keep trying.

i agree with youkai, no offense but asking questions like this are kinda pointless, you can only describe what can be written down and some of the most wonderful aspects of LSD cannot be described in any language past or present.

One could try to explain colors to a blind person, but they might not really understand. Got a feeling this is sorta like that. But I think the attempts should be interesting, if not exacty imformative.

Think about a water balloon exploding... and look at each of the individual droplets splatter everywhere and than come back 2gether and twistinside one another and the 1000s of fish dancing accross the oceans surface jumping into each other and dissappearing and reappearing.... :) yea thas boudit :p

There is a thread called high dose LSD appreciation thread, I think Zophen/B9 started it, I forget how old it is but I saw it somewhere.