View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides [LSD Subthread] High Doses

insanit_e

Bluelighter
I only ever take 1 hit of LSD at a time. I love it soooo much and its definitely my favourite drug. I've had some amazing psychedelic experiences and have learnt amazing things about myself and about the world.

After reading a fair bit on bluelight though it seems as though my 1 tab is considered a relatively low dose, because heaps of people seem to take heaps at a time (like 2, 3, 4 or more!). For me though, 1 tab makes me sooooo off chops, i've often come to the point where i have no idea who i am and I can't converse with anybody, my thoughts are going in manic spirals and i'm hallucinating heaps. I couldn't possibly imagine having that dose doubled, or trippled, or more!

How do you guys do it?? Are you able to still function normally... like going to the toilet... Or meeting people... Or knowing when you're thirsty or little things like that? Are you still able to somewhat collect your thoughts and figure out what's going on? Is it considerably different from a single dose?

First let me say there are plenty of excellent blotters in circulation where 1 hit is all many people ever need. I'd say about 50% of my trips have been on 1 or 1.5 hits.

Now, 2-3 hits is a different story... things get much more intense and visual and you want to choose your whens and where's more carefully.

Now... a high dose, like 5-10 hits... this is when things start to get real. I've found that in this state it can be hard to distinguish reality from fantasy, in a visual and mental sense. Because of this there may actually be *less* anxiety in the trip because all you can do is go along with it. But make no mistake, you're pretty much off your rocker and it will be obvious to anybody.

Things like going to the toilet tend not to be a problem for me even in high doses. Actually it's fun. Well, taking a shit is less fun than taking a piss.

So basically on low doses you know what's real and what's not. On medium doses you still know what's real but you're tripping pretty hard anyway.

On high doses it can be really hard to tell if there is a tree next to you, or is that 30 people? Oh wait they just dissapeared, were they ghosts? huh.

the most common word said would be, "what?" lol
atleast thats what i always said when high doses came my way

Well, taking a shit is less fun than taking a piss.

hah :-D

I'm also interested in this. LSD is one of my favorite substances but I've never exceeded two hits. Simply haven't felt the need to do so. A 10 hit trip......jesus.

Lucky, you are. You must be getting very strong blotter. I've never had one hit take me even to a +2. Although I seem to be hardheaded to LSD.

ya i usually need 3-4 hits of good L to get off.
1-2 hits usually put a smile on my face and a twinkle in my eyes

I did my first 10 hit trip about a month back. It was terrifying but amazingly beautiful. The sensation of relentless energy rushing through your body is pretty overwhelming...to say the least. Good trip or bad, I'd highly recommend it because you're certainly going to come out of it knowing more than what you did going in.

LSD....its one chemical I am REALLY looking forward to trying at a +3 level this summer. Well that and:

DPT +4-HO-DMT combo
4-AcO-MiPT
2CT7

The most I've taken was 2 blotters, and I was still able to function. I have always been able to function when others couldn't however.

^^ I'm good at that as well. Hell, I wrote a long-winded report with very few errors while on AMT, 2C-B, and over 60mg of 4-AcO-DMT (with tolerance though).

When comparing "hits" you gotta remembers it's an apples to oranges comparison. I've taken a few (can't recall exact figures) hits from the city at a time, and one hit from "my guy" completely blew that trip out of the water... Still able to function while tripping, although it's sometimes rather hard to be in public knowing your face just has to look a bit contorted. Hell, I've dosed 50+ mgs of 2ci at work.... but that probably wasn't the best idea ever. Staring into polished metal for 5 minutes straight while customers walk by COULD NOT have been good ;p

Most I ever took was 15 hits of potent gels. Had a wonderful experience but I would never do it again ....some doors in the mind are meant to stay closed8o 8o 8o

Last edited:
Tranced said:
People always say this.

Can you give examples?

I think he means theres just some things your mind doesn't want/need to deal with and huge doses of acid tend to make you confront those things. I ate almost a quarter sheet and the world as I knew it went away for the better part of the night.

joe

i have never done acid, (planning on building up my pyscedelic use and eventually getting to acid in the next year or so)
but an assumption that i have is that 1 hit already gets it going, so does 2 hits multiply the effect by 2? are you really tripping TWICE as hard as one hit?
its kind of like the imaginery weed/hits curve, you know when you just keep going and the hits dont seem to matter eventually, meaning that each hit doesnt produce the same amount that the one before did.

but this is just an assumption, maybe the hits could make you trip exponentially in the up direction.

There's been some really good acid around lately, probably a lot of it above 100mcg/blotter (which is all I need for a +3). Never tried a huge dosage, two hits of strong blotter was enough for me to know where shit was going with that and I hate it when psychedelics start to move into the amnesia zone..

Alternatively, LSD plays really nicely with the milder phenethylamines, in my experience.

I'm a hardhead... my strongest trip was on 2.5 hits of what my friends and I called 'revelation paper.' I've eaten 5 hits thrice and 6 hits once. None of these came close to the 'revelation'. I ate an eighth of shrooms on those 6 hits now that i think of it.

eefanass said:
i have never done acid, (planning on building up my pyscedelic use and eventually getting to acid in the next year or so)
but an assumption that i have is that 1 hit already gets it going, so does 2 hits multiply the effect by 2? are you really tripping TWICE as hard as one hit?
its kind of like the imaginery weed/hits curve, you know when you just keep going and the hits dont seem to matter eventually, meaning that each hit doesnt produce the same amount that the one before did.

but this is just an assumption, maybe the hits could make you trip exponentially in the up direction.

Maby not double the intensity but it definitely increases it up to a point. For me after somewhere between 8-15 hits depending on its strength just increases the length of the trip.

joe

i love lsd but i found that there is two diff types of lsd trips:

1-3 hits is fun and enjoyable, you can party

when you start getting 4-10 it starts getting to be an experience rather than a party. dont expect to eat these and giggle and laugh with your friends, to me it becomes where im figuring out the universe. it will take everyhting you ever knew to be true and warp your beliefs of reality, then you literally have to sew yourself back toghether. its not exactly 'fun', but ive never regreted it. everyone is different.

you want to make sure you have a good comfort level and a good friend(s). you dont want wack shit happening in the real world while you are on a head full of acid, it gets sticky.