• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Le Junk's Cocaine Purification Megathread v. The Final Word

Gum Base said:
Will this work?
Ethyl alcohol, 30mL
This is denatured ethanol (95% ethanol, 5% methanol).
It doesn't sound good. Denatured alcohol may contain many things beside methanol. See:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denatured_alcohol

Denatured means "made unfit for human consumption". This is a no-no if you plan to IV because it may contain a chemical that doesn't evaporate and is toxic in very small quantity.

As a solvent for purifying snortable blow it is just possible that methanol alone doesn't interfere because it probably solvates the same stuff as ethanol, but don't take my word for it, I haven't checked on methanol.

Note that if you wash the freebase with, say 95% ethanol + 5% water, the freebase (crack) will dissolve entirely in the ethanol (it is soluble in Vodka which contains much less ethanol!) so at least you can throw away the filtrate without any fear of losing good stuff. But you're stuck again if you want to acidify the freebase into blow because the 5% water will act as a sink for newly-formed Coke-HCl.

By the same token if you dissolve your freebase in 95% ethanol + 5% methanol, all the freebase will be dissolved in the 95% ethanol even if it doesn't dissolve in the 5% methanol. So again any solid residue can be disposed of with a clear conscience : it is something that doesn't dissolve either in ethanol or methanol, ie it is neither blow nor freebase/crack.

If you're dissolving the HCl instead of the freebase, you should apply the quantities mentioned by Le Junk as regards the solubility of blow in ethanol (so many ml ethanol per ml blow). Add 5% solvent for the egregious methanol and subtract 20% (or 30%, or more) according to your hypothesis as to the purity of your material. If you (or someone else on this forum) finds out that methanol has nearly identical solvating properties as ethanol as far as cocaine is concerned, you're in business with your mixture and you can treat it as though it were pure ethanol (keeping in mind though that methanol is poisonous).

thanks for the info LE JUNK!! NOW,,how do you make E!??!?!

any impatient methods??
would taking a couple of chemistry courses be all that is needed??
i heard high school chemistry students after a couple of years would be able to make real e,, AND it costs about 25cents a pill,, all talk,, any proof on this?? curious and awaiting answers from any bluelighters!!!!8) 8) 8) 8)

topgunner19 said:
any impatient methods??
i heard high school chemistry students after a couple of years would be able to make real e,, AND it costs about 25cents a pill,, all talk,, any proof on this?? curious and awaiting answers from any bluelighters!!!!8) 8) 8) 8)

No way man! In order to make E, you'd better have some advanced chemistry background to say the least! Along with that, you'll be needing about 30 different chemicals, including the heavily watched, and impossible to get, safrole. Good luck with that one!

But, there is a wonderful book entitled "Ecstasy, The MDMA Experience". I unfortunately can't remember who the author is off hand, but I'm sure you could just do a title search on Google. I'd look it up for you myself, but someone borrowed my copy for the day about 5 years ago. I'm still waiting on them to return it. 8) Lesson learned........never loan anything out to anyone, regardless of how good a friend they are. If they're really your friend, they'll understand and get over it. Nothing ever gets returned. Don't ever forget that.

If your really a purist as I am with my drugs, just bite the $115 bullet and send one of your pills into edata for GC/MS testing from an actual lab, with an actual chemist. My red apples (the pure ones from Indianapolis), that I sent in were well worth the investment. After getting the results, I proceeded to buy a very large amount of them. They lasted me 6 months without having to trial and error other pills I had no idea about.

I do own an EZ Extreme testing kit, but I only use that for initial field testing. It's good, but does not detect substances like psuedoephedrine, caffeine, etc. But it will detect the presence of MDMA (the only true ecstasy). Once it passes all three tests, I'll then send the pill in for further analysis to be 100% sure before buying in quantity.

But as far as an impatient, easy, 3 step program to making E, FORGET ABOUT IT! It's 4 long pages of hardcore chemistry my friend. Stick to cleaning up cocaine instead. It's much more to your liking and abilities, I'm sure. ;)

topgunner19 said:
any impatient methods??
I make E in my bathtub %)

No seriously, it's rather complicated. But yeah, it'll only cost you maybe 1-2 euro for a gram of MDMA..

Sprinklervibes said:
I make E in my bathtub %)

No seriously, it's rather complicated. But yeah, it'll only cost you maybe 1-2 euro for a gram of MDMA..

topgunner19,

Or apparentely just buy them from Sprinklervibes. ;)

Just kiddin' Sprinkler! =D

Le Junk said:
The original post has been thoroughly gone over, cleaned up, adjustments made, and perfected. This method, when used properly, will be all you need to purify your cocaine to nearly, if not totally, pure. ;)

Just to clarify for my slow brain, this will remove inactive cuts (inositol, B12, glucose etc) as well as the active cuts?

da_beans said:
Just to clarify for my slow brain, this will remove inactive cuts (inositol, B12, glucose etc) as well as the active cuts?

Mostly active and alot of inactives as well. But it will greatly change the cleanliness and asthetics of your coke as well.

Does the revised method (with the ether step) remove caffeine, as well? I did the two step chloroform/ethyl alcohol purification and the coke was much improved, but still felt a bit speedy. Perhaps it was pseudoephedrine, but since caffeine is very cheap, i'm not sure that it wasn't cut with that.

Nicky Holiday said:
Does the revised method (with the ether step) remove caffeine, as well? I did the two step chloroform/ethyl alcohol purification and the coke was much improved, but still felt a bit speedy. Perhaps it was pseudoephedrine, but since caffeine is very cheap, i'm not sure that it wasn't cut with that.

Yes, if your procedure was done correctly, it would have rid your end product of any caffeine, if there even was any in there to begin with.

The numbers are as follows:

1 gram of cocaine hydrochloride is soluble in 0.5 ml.s of water, 3.2 ml.s of 95% ethanol and 12.5 ml.s of chloroform

1 gram of caffeine is soluble in 46 ml.s of water, 530 ml.s of diethyl ether, 75 ml.s of methanol, 66 ml.s of 95% ethanol, 50 ml.s of anhydrous acetone and 5.5 ml.s of chloroform.

I would say that your missing link is what I've proposed all along................a good final rinse with good ole' diethyl ether! ;)

Nicky Holiday said:
... since caffeine is very cheap, i'm not sure that it wasn't cut with that.
Something occurs to me: if Pepe in the jungle wanted to cut his coke, he would have plenty of caffein at his disposal. The coffee shrub grows where the E. coca grows. If I'm not mistaken, coffee is being touted as an alternative crop for coca growers in SA. Why not, thinks Pepe, use some of the solvent on coffee beans to extract the caffein, then use the latter to make up for any loss in coca yield?

One question though: is caffein snortable?

xxl said:
Something occurs to me: if Pepe in the jungle wanted to cut his coke, he would have plenty of caffein at his disposal. The coffee shrub grows where the E. coca grows. If I'm not mistaken, coffee is being touted as an alternative crop for coca growers in SA. Why not, thinks Pepe, use some of the solvent on coffee beans to extract the caffein, then use the latter to make up for any loss in coca yield?

One question though: is caffein snortable?

Good question partner, but regardless, caffeine is entirely soluble in diethyl ether and acetone, anyway. ;) So, bye, bye caffeine!

And that's definitely a good thing. :)

Last edited:
Diethyl ether and chloroform, aren't those hard to come by?

BTW Le Junk if you need some MDMA, I'll just give it another stir in my bathtub and send you some.. %)

Sprinklervibes said:
Diethyl ether and chloroform, aren't those hard to come by?

BTW Le Junk if you need some MDMA, I'll just give it another stir in my bathtub and send you some.. %)

Yeah, they are a little hard to come by, buuuuut with a little ingenuity and commentment (God knows we drug addicts certainly know all about commitment!), they can be obtained. EG. chem lab, biology lab etc. Just give it some serious thought. I know you'll come up with something. ;)

Disclaimer: I would never condone or advise anyone doing anything illegal to obtain watched chemicals for illicit purposes. This is stricktly for entertainment purposes only.

Oh, and just a sink full of MDMA would be sufficient. I don't need that much, bro! =D

I have read a bunch of diffrent things say that ephedrine is SOLUABLE in chlorofrom.. So then how would that part of the purification work..

i8an8th1 said:
I have read a bunch of diffrent things say that ephedrine is SOLUABLE in chlorofrom.. So then how would that part of the purification work..

You are in fact, absolutely correct! I made a very critical error and was accidentely refering to ephedrine sulphate and not ephedrine hydrochloride and psuedoephedrine.

Do you know the solubilities of both? I really need them so that I can make some quick corrections.

Help!

Junk :)

i8an8th1 said:
both are soluble in alcohol..

I know. And water, and chloroform, too.

The question is, what are they not soluble in that cocaine is, or vica versa?