• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Le Junk's Cocaine Purification Megathread v. The Final Word

cakes said:
Try cocatea.com , you can buy leaves, tea, etc..
That alkaloid content is way too low, I think they just say a random number. It should be more like .5-1 gram, not milligram..
Analisys for 100 grams of coca leaves

Nitrogen

20.06 mg

Alkaloids non-volatile

0.70 mg
Fat

3.68 mg

Carbohydrates

47.50 mg

Beta carotene

9.40 mg

Alpha carotene

2.76 mg
Vitamin C

6.47 mg
Vitamin E

40.17 mg
Tiamine (vitamin B 1 )

0.73 mg
Riboflavine (Vitamin B 2 )

0.88 mg
Niacine

8.37 mg
Calcium

997.62 mg

Phosphate

412.67 mg

Potassium

1739.33 mg

Magnesium

299.30 mg
Sodium

39.41 mg

Aluminum

17.39 mg
Barium

6.18 mg
Iron

136.64 mg

Strontium

12.02 mg

Boron

6.75 mg
Copper

1.22 mg
Zinc

2.21 mg

Manganese

9.15 mg

Chromium

0.12 mg

Deefex said:
cool, i just saw this thread. very cool. haven't been here in a while. this makes me want to do coke again so i could try this. would u be able to get hardware store acetone and make it anhydrous by mixing some hot epsom salt?

Yes, or sodium hydroxide.

Can someone provide a website, where I can buy anhydrous acetone.

I assume this is allowed, because that is not an illegal substance?

If I were to make the hardware acetone into anhydrous with either epsom salt or sodium hydroxide; what would be the ratios needed to make that happen. And would I just mix the two substances together?

Thank You

gomer1985 said:
Can someone provide a website, where I can buy anhydrous acetone.

I assume this is allowed, because that is not an illegal substance?

gomer1985,

Go to www.sciencelab.com. There are many different types of acetone available, but the one you'll want is acetone NF. If you scroll down thru the specifications on the NF, you'll see it's anhydrous. It's a lil' pricey, but well worth it.

Good luck.

You could always just pick up some 99% acetone and epsom salt (magnesium sulfate = MgSO4) at the hardware store when you get the HCl 31%. Heat the MgSO4 in the microwave/oven (in order to dry it) and then mix it in with the acetone. For 100 mL of 99% acetone, you will have 1 mL = 1 g of H2O. 1/7 g of MgSO4 would dry the acetone if your measurements were exact, but just in case, I would add .25 g of thoroughly dried MgSO4. Filter out the hydrated MgSO4 and the acetone will now be anhydrous.

:)

LeJunk,
I want to ask just to be precautious... Starting from the crack stage, will the procedure still be reliable when working with large amounts, say 10 or 20 grams, with all materials proportionate?

so:
1) 10 grams of powdered freebase (+) 333 ml of water to rinse in beaker

or

2) 20 grams of dry & cleasned freebase (+) 400 ml acetone (+) 160 drops of muriatic acid

Disco Cat said:
LeJunk,
I want to ask just to be precautious... Starting from the crack stage, will the procedure still be reliable when working with large amounts, say 10 or 20 grams, with all materials proportionate?

so:
1) 10 grams of powdered freebase (+) 333 ml of water to rinse in beaker

or

2) 20 grams of dry & cleasned freebase (+) 400 ml acetone (+) 160 drops of muriatic acid

Yes, just do the math accordingly.

But, it sounds like one hell of a party! ;)

Junk =D

amphetamine freebase soluable in water??
i dont think so
I always wash my Tolueen + Amp.FB with water to remove water soluables.
and i NEVER lose any FB so i guess that makes amphetamine FB NOT water soluable

Le Junk

as first I want to say thanks and that I really appreciate your work here.
But I am afraid that stercxke's statement about AmphFB could be true, I have done all the steps you have described and it worked wonderful, the endproduct looked like it should be, small, fine diamondlike crystals.

The first buzz feels like really good cocaine (which is really rare here, in Europe we have the same problem with this amphcontaminated crap, and yes sir in my opinion you are right with your A/B classification) relaxing, makes you speaking a lot, motivated, godfeeling and so on, but very soon (after only few small lines more and perhaps 30-60min later) it turns into this damn introverted, shy, paranoid feeling, so you aren`t really able to put some sentences together.

Of course one could say this has nothing to do with the substance, but with your mood, setting and some other factors, which could play a role here.
I fully agree, if you only consider the usual psychological effects, but some of them have nothing or not directly to do with psych. effects, as for example:

- that you are unable to sleep hours and hours only after few lines of this crap, eyes wide open, which is NOT the case with cocaine
- your penis shrinks strong like on ephedrine or amph

I don`t know why this water wash doesn`t helped to remove the active cuts, what could be the problem? How could it be solved, perhaps stercxke has also some ideas.
I hope my english was good enough and understandable. :)

greets

stercxke said:
amphetamine freebase soluable in water??
i dont think so
I always wash my Tolueen + Amp.FB with water to remove water soluables.
and i NEVER lose any FB so i guess that makes amphetamine FB NOT water soluable

stercxke,

I do think you may have found a small flaw in my procedure. In my research, I have come across the fact that it was indeed amphetamine sulphate and not amphetamine freebase.

Do you have any sure found solvent that will remove either amphetamine freebase from cocaine freebase, or amphetamine sulphate from cocaine hydrochloride?

If so, please do tell..................

u could try to build up a procedure based on the fact that Amp.HCl is almost Impossible to Crystalize(It has to be SUPER,SUPER SUUUUPER dry)
and Coke.HCl is pretty easy to crystalize.
OR Coke FB is a solid and Amp FB is a liquid(oil)...

another thing: Caffeine and Ephedrine are also Alcaloids wich means they to exist in 2 formes(base and salt form), are u sure those base forms are water soluable?

stercxke said:
u could try to build up a procedure based on the fact that Amp.HCl is almost Impossible to Crystalize(It has to be SUPER,SUPER SUUUUPER dry)
and Coke.HCl is pretty easy to crystalize.
OR Coke FB is a solid and Amp FB is a liquid(oil)...

another thing: Caffeine and Ephedrine are also Alcaloids wich means they to exist in 2 formes(base and salt form), are u sure those base forms are water soluable?

stercxke,

Yes, the caffeine is completely removed in step # 1. While the cocaine is still in HCL form, 1 gram (and I doubt there would be more than 1 gram of pure caffeine in a single 8 ball), is completely soluble in 46 ml.s of anhydrous acetone. So the caffeine is definitely gone.

And secondly, yes, ephedrine freebase is entirely soluble in water.

This leaves only amphetamine, the originally supposed culprit anyway.

Would you possibly suggest changing some of the numbers around during the A/B extraction phase to accomplish our end result. Instead of dissolving 1 gram of cocaine freebase in 20 ml.s of acetone, possibly change it to 15 ml.s of acetone, or maybe adding more or less acid, perhaps?

Any suggestions?

Junk ;)

Amphetamine is nearly always available bounded to the sulfate ( Cas 51-63-8 ), I am not sure why. Could cocaine have a higher "affinity" to Hcl, so as LeJunk said, using less Hcl would then solve the problem?

It is still true that the amphetaminebase is slightly soluble in water, that is not false, although it seems not to be effective in removing it.
Perhaps higher amounts of water would be needed or what about using not much water but using higher temperature, hot or nearly boiling water, would this not increase the solubility for amphetaminebase and would still be not enough to dissolve the cocainebase?
What about using distilled water instead of usual? Distilled hot water. 8)

Questions....

Templer said:
Amphetamine is nearly always available bounded to the sulfate ( Cas 51-63-8 ), I am not sure why. Could cocaine have a higher "affinity" to Hcl, so as LeJunk said, using less Hcl would then solve the problem?

It is still true that the amphetaminebase is slightly soluble in water, that is not false, although it seems not to be effective in removing it.
Perhaps higher amounts of water would be needed or what about using not much water but using higher temperature, hot or nearly boiling water, would this not increase the solubility for amphetaminebase and would still be not enough to dissolve the cocainebase?
What about using distilled water instead of usual? Distilled hot water. 8)

Questions....

Templer,

I've tried using hot tap water to remove the amphetamine in it's freebase form, but was then left with returning most, if not all of the freebase/freebases (cocaine included) back into a floating oil. In other words, failure.

Bare in mind that it takes 500 ml.s of water to dissolve 1 gram of cocaine freebase. This is a fact. So maybe we can work from this basis.

Perhaps there is a decomposition temperature in water, at which the amphetamine freebase will dissolve, and not the cocaine freebase? Anyone?

This is a glitch in this that I feel could be rectified fairly easily, but I need the answer or answers, so that I can quickly change the original post.

I to have, at times, been left with what I feel is still amphetamine in my final result.

CALLING ALL CHEMISTS! 8o

I've tried using hot tap water to remove the amphetamine in it's freebase form, but was then left with returning most, if not all of the freebase/freebases (cocaine included) back into a floating oil. In other words, failure.

Hm if the substance causing all the problems is really amphetamine, and it is very possible, it should already be an oil at room temperature and it should not be necessary to use high temperatures in order to make it float on the top of the water. But as we see this doesn`t work.
The melting point of cocaine is higher about 90° C and more, amphetamine already at 27°...using temperature below m.p. of C about 70-80° and using distilled water (not the usual saturated with minerals etc.) could enhance the solubility of amph. in water.

All I could find is following:

http://chem.sis.nlm.nih.gov/chemidplus/jsp/common/PhysicalProperties.jsp
http://esc.syrres.com/interkow/webprop.exe?CAS=300-62-9

Water solubility for amphetaminebase:

Water Solubility:
Value : 2.8E+004 mg/L
Temp : 25 deg C
Type : EST
Ref : MEYLAN,WM ET AL. (1996)

cocainebase:

Water Solubility:
Value : 1800 mg/L
Temp : 22 deg C
Type : EXP
Ref : YALKOWSKY,SH & DANNENFELSER,RM (1992)

That means 1,8 gramm cocainbase in 1000ml so you are right with nearly 1 gramm in 500ml.
That means also 180 mg in 100ml water. At temperature at 22° C.

But what is 2.8E+004 mg/L for amphetaminebase?

Last edited:
Templer said:
Hm if the substance causing all the problems is really amphetamine, and it is very possible, it should already be an oil at room temperature and it should not be necessary to use high temperatures in order to make it float on the top of the water. But as we see this doesn`t work.
The melting point of cocaine is higher about 90° C and more, amphetamine already at 27°...using temperature below m.p. of C about 70-80° and using distilled water (not the usual saturated with minerals etc.) could enhance the solubility of amph. in water.

All I could find is following:

http://esc.syrres.com/interkow/webprop.exe?CAS=300-62-9

Water solubility for amphetaminebase:

Water Solubility:
Value : 2.8E+004 mg/L
Temp : 25 deg C
Type : EST
Ref : MEYLAN,WM ET AL. (1996)

cocainebase:

Water Solubility:
Value : 1800 mg/L
Temp : 22 deg C
Type : EXP
Ref : YALKOWSKY,SH & DANNENFELSER,RM (1992)

That means 1,8 gramm cocainbase in 1000ml so you are right with nearly 1 gramm in 500ml.
That means also 180 mg in 100ml water. At temperature at 22° C.

But what is 2.8E+004 mg/L for amphetaminebase?

Good question.

I am thinking that perhaps while converting the cocaine into freebase, using distilled water instead, and frequently disposing of the old water, and re-adding fresh distilled water every so often, that we could possibly remove the amphetamine by patience alone.

Anyone?

What about inserting the isopropyl-alcohol wash after doing the acetonewash?

Would this be good enough for removing the amphetamine? I have read some of the older threads, would you still say this method was effective for you?
If yes I am going order now a bottle of it and try.

Okay, the research has finally been concluded.

This WILL entirely remove amphetamine from your cocaine.

1 gram of amphetamine sulphate (powdered form) is soluble in 515 ml.s of 190 proof, 95% anhydrous ethyl alcohol, while 1 gram of cocaine hcl (powdered form) is soluble in only 3.2 ml.s of 190 proof, 95% anhydrous ethyl alcohol.

THERE'S THE ABSOLUTE FINAL MISSING LINK TO THIS FUCKING PUZZLE!

Simply dissolve your 1, 2 or 3 grams of powdered cocaine in 5-10 ml.s of 95% anhydrous ethyl alcohol (available at most any online chemical supply company). Stir for a minute or so and filter onto an awaiting 9 inch glass Pyrex pie plate.

Pure cocaine, minus that fucking ampy, edgy, paranoid, non-talkative, introverting, non-sexual and so on amphetamine, will be left behind in the filter paper. Your cocaine will filter thru in liquid form onto the pie plate. Let the alcohol completely evaporate. Pearlescent crystals will begin to form out of the liquid as it evaporates.

Once dry, scrape up with a fresh razor blade and let air dry just a little more.

Once no more smell of alcohol is present, snort away.

This is it. I'll be trying this this next weekend and repost my entire thread after I do. But, I already know what the results will be. Goooooooooood!

Last edited:
I have done it about 10 min ago, had just 0,5 gramm here. :\
This stuff was definetily good but cut with amph. So I tried it.
It was a fast done experiment, so nothing was exactly measured and my yield is probably not the best, also because some of the coke sticks here and there and because of the low start amount.

I think you don`t need so much Ethanol, even about 2-3 ml (I guess but this was never over 5 or 10ml) were enough for my 500mg, you just have to shake it enough, and it dissolves, but there is a substance, not much of it, which does not dissolve, if I had to guess perhaps something more than 50mg I could see, could be more because it was wet through the ethanol.
Colour is not really easy to determine, perhaps white or darker form of white to grey, would need more of it and dry. Looks crystalin.
I don`t know if this is amphetamine but as I said, in contrast to the rest (coke), it stays more on the bottom of the glas and doesn`t dissolve as I put 1-2ml ethanol more to it.

Don`t be shocked: when you have filtered your coke which is still dissolved in the ethanol and even when the ethanol is evaporated (hair drier) you will see just an oil, I don`t know if this changes when you wait longer but as this didn`t happened I added some acetone and waited a little bit, soon I could scrape the coke from the glass.

I guess my coke yield was about 300mg, as I said I simply just can guess.

Now I have to sleep, can`t try the stuff now sorry. :)

p.s. LeJunk I still can`t write PMs because of greenlighter status, if you want send me pm with yor email

Last edited: