Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Last movie you watched?

we watched "raiders of the lost arc" tonight. i love rewatching movies that i haven't seen since i was a kid. it's weird which scenes i remember and which parts were once confusing and/or misunderstood.

Superman Returns:

Plain boring... so bad, beyond bad.... 2 out 6... man, and the little kid constantly playing Heart& Soul was just annoying, yeah we get it, you're Superman and Louis's love child!

See No evil:

It was okay, nothing like watching diliquent teens getting killed... 4 out 6

Last edited:
Continuing the John Huston kick:
250px-Man_Who_Would_Be_King_DVD.jpg

Perhaps the best movie hardly anyone seems to know about.

Ravr said:
Superman Returns:

Plain boring... so bad, beyond bad.... 2 out 6... man, and the little kid constantly playing Heart& Soul was just annoying, yeah we get it, you're Superman and Louis's love child!
thank you!

I felt like a pariah not liking this movie....all I've heard from people is praise otherwise....they didn't do nearly enough (read: any) work to show how the world had changed without Superman in it...Lois was not at all the strong feisty woman she should be, the kid was a terrible idea for a franchise because if they ever make another Superman movie they're saddled with this kid now....there were maybe two scenes out of the movie where the special effects were good enough to carry it - maybe two scenes....and all in all it was a really plodding dull movie. When you have Superman to play with, it's a shame not to use him to his advantage. Why didn't we get to see him stop tidal waves or earthquakes or fight Doomsday or actually DO something super?

Plus, they did a little too good a job of homaging the Christopher Reeve Superman if you ask me....Reeve to me was the definitive Superman/Clark Kent, but that was 20 years ago. Clark Kent hasn't been a loser and Superman hasn't been socially awkward for decades now, in comics or television.

Considering what they could have done with that movie, it was really disappointing imo...

^^ ^Righ on Raz, the movie sucked, just like all the lame bald jokes they had.

silverwheel said:
Continuing the John Huston kick:
250px-Man_Who_Would_Be_King_DVD.jpg

Perhaps the best movie hardly anyone seems to know about.
Heh, no way man! It's one of my favourites, I love it. :)

I need to watch it again, soon.

Last film I watched was...

Bauer095 said:
saw Rushmore last night for the first time since it was originally released. MUCH funnier than I remember it, but very long. Bill Murray is, per usual, hilarious, and Jason Schwartzmann does a great "lovable creep". Loved it. :D
This was on in the UK last week too.

You forgot to mention Olivia Williams.
24.gif
DAYUM, she is mighty fine. %)

V for Vendetta. I've seen this movie three or four times and I still love it.

Superman Returns.

Awesome. He does the I'm Superman thing.

The World's Fastest Indian.

I watched it while coming down from a candyflip, it kept making me cry, ahaha. :p

LOTR: Return of the King

i couldnt sleep last nite, and have to have TV on to fall alseep, so i wanted sumthing i wouldnt be tempted to actually watch
... ive seen the movie so many times that i can just listen to it and know everything that is happening ...
and slept a good 10 hours :)

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

0002761670322_215X215.jpg

Seriously. :D This film is insane, hilarious, and brilliant. Not just for kids. :p

Interesting post on imdb:

Okay, did it occur to anyone that this is really a James Bond movie?

Alright, bear with me. First, the story is written by Ian Fleming. Second, Potts is his own Q and makes his own gadgets as well; he has an M, in the form of Grandpa, Third, there is a beautiful woman, with a suggestive name (Truly Scrumptious) who holds her own in times of need. Fourth, our hero goes on a mission to an exotic country in his, ahem, Aston Martin, infiltrates the lair of the bad guys, has a big battle with them, saves the kids, gets the girl. Next, we have all sorts of bad guys, who, as usual in a 007 movie, we know that Bond/Potts will overcome. Within the cast, Gert Frobe (Goldfinger) plays the bad guy (again); Desmond L. who plays Q is also in the film. Richard Maibaum who wrote some of the dialogue was also a big Bond contributor.

:D

watching Scanner Darkly right now, maybe I'll get it a little bit more this time....or maybe not, I don't think this movie was really meant to be "got" :)

the pursuit of happyness... a bit overdrawn in sentimental parts, but effective propaganda for avarice, greed, and other highly-touted capitalist qualities.