• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Kratom to be banned soon by DEA! How will it affect USA? v All kratom talk goes here!

Kratom! The DEA wants citizen input on making Kratom schedule 1

2. Call the DEA
Yes, they are listening! The DEA is now asking people what their position is on this action.

Please call this number and leave a message stating yours! 202-353-1417

This is the last day for this. If you care please call today.

Fuck yea I was hoping our combined efforts could make this happen

Edit: Wonder what the FDA studies will be like? What findings would lead them to put it in schedule I again?

EDIT: Per the AKA, that page is BS. Kratom is not unbanned as of now.

Last edited:
^yeah I just saw that too, how unfortunate. I think the DEA is probably going to drag this whole Drug War thing out so long that the last administrators will probably have to prosecuted for Obstruction of Justice.

The article has since been removed from the newspaper but fortunately google has left his trace. We anonymously contacted the Boston Tribune for some clarification but they refused to comment on why the article was pulled.

We managed to get a copy of the article which read as follows:

Upon news of the kratom ban, users and advocates of the drug assembled at the White House to protest the ban and gathered over 134,000 signatures on a We the People petition. According to DEA spokesperson Marcus Langley, the Drug Enforcement Administration made the decision to temporarily remove the scheduled ban of kratom upon the overwhelming feedback and outrage from those using the herbal drug to treat legitimate medical conditions. Langley told reporters at a press-conference that the DEA has requested the FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) thoroughly investigate the drug prior to a decision being reached regarding the drug’s future legality within the United States. The DEA has announced a January 3rd, 2018, deadline for the FDA to provide the necessary insights into the benefits and risks of kratom use. If the FDA fails to provide conclusive results by the 2018 deadline, the DEA intends to permanently ban the drug and classify it at a Schedule 1 substance. The reversal of the scheduled kratom ban has many users excited and hopeful for the future of the drug’s mainstream use. Daniel McCarthy, a 54-year old kratom user in Dallas, Texas, told a CBS affiliate reporter, “As someone who attended the White House protest and signed the online petition, it feels amazing to have made a difference for hundreds of thousands of people -being an American is awesome!”

As soon as we hear anything more we will let all of you know.

Aporia -

my understanding is that the ban of Kratom is still scheduled to go into effect on September 30th (or was it October 1st?). It sounds like the original news story was bogus and never true. That is why you won't see anything on the internet about it.

It got a lot of people's hopes up. Ugh.

- VE

So, if I am planning on kicking my opiate habit at the end of next week with the help of kratom (never used it before), how many grams should I have set back for the duration of the withdrawals. I went to my local head shop and purchased 30 g of red vein and then 30 g of some other type (can't remember which strain). Is 60 one gram capsules gonna be enough for me to make it through withdrawals? Exactly how much should I have set back for withdrawals? Remember, I have a pretty bad roxy habit- I toot anywhere between 90-150 mg a day.
Thank you all in advance!

I'm really wondering if buying kratom now will alert any government agency. I assume it will..

Same. I just caught this thread and now I'm super pissed. If Kratom is still legal, I doubt that ordering will alert any authorities as they would have to be working with vendors which is unlikely because they're all probably super pissed. Also, they're probably receiving huge orders until the ban. Also, it will probably take a while before they're able to screen packages for Kratom if they ever will. My only concern is if I order now, the package will still read Kratom and it might be confiscated.

I'm really wondering if I do buy a large quantity will it alert the local law enforcement agencies and how long before they decide to bang down my door in the middle of the night to drag me off to one of our many fine privately owned and operated for profit prisons?
After all, I wouldn't want to deprive a small business owner of the opportunity of a steady customer.

I have to say, both my wonderful woman and myself follow the news and politics, but neither of us have ever even heard of the agency called the Center for Regulatory Effectiveness. Until this thread I had no clue it existed..

If Kratom is still legal, I doubt that ordering will alert any authorities as they would have to be working with vendors which is unlikely because they're all probably super pissed. Also, they're probably receiving huge orders until the ban. Also, it will probably take a while before they're able to screen packages for Kratom if they ever will. My only concern is if I order now, the package will still read Kratom and it might be confiscated.

I agree. In the future most public storefronts selling kratom simply won't ship to the USA anymore. It will shift to the silk roads/darknets. I don't think your package would be confiscated/intercepted unless it ships out after the ban date.