• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom raises tolerence or acts like a blocker to oxycodone?

Kratom's opioid component is infitismily tiny. Even so, unless you obtain actual leaves you really have no idea what you are consuming, let alone being able to quantify it. In the end, it will not have anything to do with your opioid habit. For example, the tiny opioid content is not mitigated by antagonists.

Well you asked for opinion's on Kratom. If it interact's with Oxy I don't know. 7-OHM's binding affinity, and that other present alkaloid's that are either mu receptor antagonist's or agonist's, should give atleast some clue's. Binding affinity is what matters and that of Oxycodone, the strongest wins.

But I never really labeled the WD's of Kratom as severe. Could be my body chemistry and taper. First it gives me energy/ drive/ calmness, doses of 3/ 5 gram of good Red Borneo/ Green Malay 3/5 times a day. Sometimes reaching 9 gram doses.

Then after experiencing this positive effects with only tiny higher doses needed. One day I'll wake take it and it won't work. And the good are replaced by semi-depressed feeling's and lack of energy. Then I tapered, stopped a month and it would work again. Untill the point of saturation or self limimtation of Kratom.

Might be I am unique experiencing this. But WD's from Kratom are ime a walk in the park.

Last edited:
Let's face it, oxycodone creates a tolerance to oxycodone. Long before I even had kratom I would get OC 20's in 1999 from a friend who was prescribed it. This friend liked street heroin better and he would give me handfuls of the 20's. In the beginning one 20 did it. After some time it took a lot more. I don't see that with morphine, at least with me. I also hear from people that have been on oxy for years, one person 80-100 mgs a day, never did kratom and still does not feel his oxy at all. Just keeps him well.

Yes kratom can temporarily raise tolerance. But that helped me stay away from pills. And it does take some time off to reset but it does.

Here is my experience with kratom, I take 300 mg of tramadol every day, thats 1 x 50 x 6 a day as a chronic pain patient. I have not really abused narcotics though I do periodically break them in half and will consume that extra half (25 mg) for a month or so at a time, which will result in a shortfall of 15 tabs at the end of a month, most chronic pain patients will end up in that routine, not really abusing it, but pushing the envelope nonetheless. The following pertains strictly to tramadol, taken largely exactly as prescribed, I have found that 5-6 capsules of kratom (red Maenga) forms a pretty decent analog to one 50 mg tramadol, though it will wear off far more quickly, usually any and all effects gone within 3-3.5 hours time. I am 5"10 175 lbs, and have been on tramadol for ten plus years, again every single day, thus I am obviously dependent upon the tramadol, and cannot just stop it absent a serious tapering schedule. All this said, if I am in shortfall (early) I have found that I can makie up that difference by substituting the very first dose of tramadol a day, with 2.5-3 grams of the kratom, thats 5-6 capsules. That kratom will last about 3.5 hours, and at the 4-4.5 hour mark I will then resume the tramadol, never taking them together! This has proven itself extremely effective at making up that shortfall, and I never take any more of the kratom than that one morning dosing, again keeping in mind I am taking that tramadol at 1 x50 x 6 a day. In other words I am not mixing up a huge amount of substances and throwing caution to the wind..... Good luck and I hope someone finds this useful.

give this thread a boost and see if we can get anymore experience and feedback...but I've come to the conclusion that Kratom should not be used if your an opiate user or it will sky rocket tolerance and render your opiates useless almost

I am so glad to hear others are having this problem. I went through a year or taking a lot of fent. Dirty 30s. Before that I was a casual/regular user of hydrocodone. Before fent I had a decent tolerance but could still achieve a good head nod or solid high without much effort.

I stopped the fent a year ago, and only occasionally get my hands on hydro or morphine sulfate. The rest of the time I am a daily user of kratom. And I can say I rarely, if ever, get anything from taking hydro, morph, or oxy. An energy boost maybe but that's about it. And I can take 150-200+ mg of any of those and pretty much feel completely normal.

It was only after reading through threads on here that I learned how much kratom messes with opiate tolerance. I haven't been able to lay off the stuff long enough to confirm it's the problem. But it's the only logical explanation. I know fent obviously affected my tolerance for a while but it's been over a year. Surely that's not the issue.

I hate it bc I still waste money on tabs hoping to just get one good buzz but I'll down 15-20 at a time and feel next to nothing. I've tried tagamet, plugging, snorting and the results never change. So I guess it's time to stop the kratom and hopefully get my tolerance down to a normal level. The bad part is I don't even care much for kratom. It's expensive, nasty as shit, and it will stop my bowels up for days.

I doubt this is very helpful to anyone but I wanted to share my own experience.

I dont take any pain killers but I have a bad habit with high dosed Loperamide for years. I was able to quit for a few days and lowered the dose from 140mg+ per day down to 70mg/day.

I started taking Kratom, 2g per dose a few times a day and I was able to rapidly taper the Loperamide with no withdrawal symptoms except trouble sleeping. Went from that 70mg/day to 30mg today. I dont even know if I needed the 30mg loperamide today its just I have something big to do tomorrow and didnt want to risk dealing with any withdrawals.

I have no idea how Loperamide works but Kratom seems to help alot.

Ill wake and take 4 capsules of kratom for 2g dose, then another 30 minutes later ill take another 4 capsules and I feel good till the afternoon.