• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom raises tolerence or acts like a blocker to oxycodone?

Cbk1013

Bluelighter
Ive been taking oxycodone 10mg tabs 50-80mg daily for a few years now for addiction and honest health issues being neuropathy that I don't wish on anyone and just discovered OPMS gold capsules (usually take 2-3 gold capsules a day) and have used in between when I run out of my prescription early which always happens. I feel as though taking the kratom has really messed up my enjoyment of oxycodone which might actually be a good thing.. anyone have any idea how long I should stay off the kratom before taking oxycodone again to get the desired result which for me is just a really nice feeling of relaxation and concentration. I know everyone is different but I swear the Kratom has done something and Im not sure it is reversible? Any thoughts or experience with this ? I know I'll never regain first day of opiates but I mean this Kratom has made a monster dent in the enjoyment of taking them almost to the point that I will stop and try to find something else.. Feedback appreciated

yanno i’m not honestly so sure on the science of it - but i can personally report that when i tried taking about 40mg of hydrocodone on kratom (i used to take kratom everyday), i didn’t feel anything and in fact it just made me feel dirty and underwhelmed. that’s never happened before. maybe kratom has a strong binding affinity along with the other alkaloids? i dunno honestly… but yeah id wait just a day or so and dose your oxy! should be good to go.

I have been taking oxycodone for the last 5 days now without kratom at 100mg a day and get almost no enjoyment from it. So I feel like enough time has passed. The only thing I can think is that the kratom never got a chance to get off the opiate receptors because I started taking oxycodone 6 hours after my last dose of kratom and have been taking it daily a few times a day since and the kratom is baked into the receptor and not letting the oxycodone take full effect because it has no where to bind??? I really have no clue but its kind of amazing IMO..I have read some other say that Kratom renders all other opiates useless but I would think after 5 days now I would be getting some enjoyment from it...I snort my oxycodone as well but I don't think that comes into play here?

It was almost to good to be true that Kratom could hold me over until my next script just without the high ...BUt now im finding out it has ruined my enjoyment of oxycodone almost completely .. Maybe take a month off everything and it will come back? Or maybe some damage has been done that can't be reversed ? I guess im gonna find out because I would try to stop if this is all it's going to be moving forward?

I know everyone is different but I swear the Kratom has done something and Im not sure it is reversible?
I learned that years ago. Kratom is weaker than oxycodone. But wow can it occupy those receptors. (some here would call that affinity and not strength) I have handfuls of oxycodone from years ago that I do not take simply because I have been using kratom. My honest opinion and what I had found back when I did try and alternate was the oxy was very weak when I tried using it while also using kratom. I needed 3-4 days (almost even a week) to have the tolerance to go down a little and make oxycodone work again. But of course it did. Nothing permanent. And I agree with you about being a good thing. As long as I have been on kratom I have no need for lighter opiates. (I do consider oxycodone light). But I also can say that morphine would totally overpower kratom but it is a lot stronger. So lighter opioids can be somewhat useless if a person is using kratom until they stop using it.

I did however have 80 mgs of oxycodone overpower kratom at one point but that is a large dose

Fentanyl would probably crush kratom though lol. But things like codeine, hydrocodone and oxycodone have to contend with kratoms binding affinity and feel weaker. But nothing permanent. But it is helpful for putting your oxycodone away for a day when kratom was no where near.

Use kratom as a stop-gap for when you run out of Rx to help stave off wds.
I also have noticed that oxy/hydro isn't the greatest thing to mix with kratom... something "lacks" for lack of a better word.
Be safe

I learned that years ago. Kratom is weaker than oxycodone. But wow can it occupy those receptors. (some here would call that affinity and not strength) I have handfuls of oxycodone from years ago that I do not take simply because I have been using kratom. My honest opinion and what I had found back when I did try and alternate was the oxy was very weak when I tried using it while also using kratom. I needed 3-4 days (almost even a week) to have the tolerance to go down a little and make oxycodone work again. But of course it did. Nothing permanent. And I agree with you about being a good thing. As long as I have been on kratom I have no need for lighter opiates. (I do consider oxycodone light). But I also can say that morphine would totally overpower kratom but it is a lot stronger. So lighter opioids can be somewhat useless if a person is using kratom until they stop using it.

I did however have 80 mgs of oxycodone overpower kratom at one point but that is a large dose

Fentanyl would probably crush kratom though lol. But things like codeine, hydrocodone and oxycodone have to contend with kratoms binding affinity and feel weaker. But nothing permanent. But it is helpful for putting your oxycodone away for a day when kratom was no where near.
got it to a T - second this fully

So you think I took the oxycodone too soon after using Kratom and would need a full week off everything in order for it to work again?I'm at 5 days off kratom right now but have not taken any break from the oxycodone and I feel like I just keep taking oxycodone to try to break through and I continue to get nothing in return . Thx for all the feedback already very cool and appreciated.

So you think I took the oxycodone too soon after using Kratom and would need a full week off everything in order for it to work again?I'm at 5 days off kratom right now but have not taken any break from the oxycodone and I feel like I just keep taking oxycodone to try to break through and I continue to get nothing in return . Thx for all the feedback already very cool and appreciated.
id personally just raise my oxy dose instead of waiting 5 days

I feel like I would have to take 100mg at once and I'm not even sure that would work...Ive rarely gone past 80-100mg in a 24 hour period and now Im taking 100mg daily with no real returns

Its been a full week off Kratom now and taking 100mg daily of oxycodone which I have never done in the past usually keep it around 50-60mg a day and taking the 100Mg a day feels like it is just being blocked still. Don't get me wrong it is doing something but def something is different and I don't enjoy taking the oxycodone like I did before I ever took a kratom extract...maybe I need to more time off the kratom for it to come back? Im now out of oxycodone and will have to get back on the Kratom until my next scrip in 2 weeks but I'm thinking about not taking the oxycodone again until I can come of the Kratom for a few weeks? feels just like im wasting it now...thoughts ,experience , and feedback always appreciated .. trying to learn and if I can help you or answer any questions for you please don't hesitate to ask... much respect to everyone in these forums

no real hard core Kratom users I see...I'll do the research myself trial and error and report back so you peeps know wha to look out for...want something done right you do it yourself thats what this lady down the street use to tell me until one day she got hit by a bus so from that point on I've just relied on other people and it seems as though days have come to an end. that little old lady was a wise bastard..Godbless

no real hard core Kratom users I see...
I just saw this thread and I've been on kratom for about 4 years. I used it to get off of oxycodone.
Since I've been on kratom I've tried oxys twice (once after taking no kratom for 48hrs) and both times were very disappointing. I could feel it, but not much. Definitely not worth the price of the pills.

I consider this a good thing since now I'm not at all tempted to go back to oxys, hydros, or any other expensive opioid habit.
I'll continue to take kratom as a sort of MAT program.

yes I can feel it but very very very disappointing agree 100%...how much kratom were u taking daily before u took 2 days off? and any idea how long we would need to stay off it for the enjoyment of oxycodone came back? thx you for your input...and if you don't mind me asking what was your oxycodone habit like and how much kratom u take daily now and do you feel you could come off the kratom? a lot of questions I know just trying to learn...I'm in same boat with oxycodone habit but I have nueropathy as well so makes it tougher to want to stop...thx u

Last edited:
yeah i was on kratom and was prescribed hydrocodone by a dentist last year and it was VERY underwhelming. only thing i could feel breakthrough was fent. oxy i assume would just at higher doses.

ok so lets say you took 30mg of oxycodone and you barely felt it because kratom usage prior do think your body wouldn't withdraw off the oxycodone because it wasn't getting it?

I just took 105 10mg pills over the last 8 days and barely felt anything and I did not take any kratom at all just before I started the oxycodone I was on Kratom extract for about a week taking 3 capsules daily....you mean to tell me that 3 extract capsules a day for a week is going to block the fuck out of oxycodone ? I would say this is very true from my experience and I'm really amazed this kratom is no joke..

yes I can feel it but very very very disappointing agree 100%...how much kratom were u taking daily before u took 2 days off? and any idea how long we would need to stay off it for the enjoyment of oxycodone came back? thx you for your input...and if you don't mind me asking what was your oxycodone habit like and how much kratom u take daily now and do you feel you could come off the kratom? a lot of questions I know just trying to learn...I'm in same boat with oxycodone habit but I have nueropathy as well so makes it tougher to want to stop...thx u
OK, so I was taking 100mg or more oxycodone per day for at least 3 years-- and I had struggled with addiction to various opioids off&on for many years before that. I do have sciatica and other aches&pains, but if I'm being honest I was using opioids mainly for the euphoria. My connections had scripts; I haven't messed with fake pills for a long time.

When my oxy habit just got too damned expensive, I switched to kratom abruptly and had amazing results: almost no WD symptoms whatsoever. I was taking 4 to 6 grams (red maeng da powder) every 2 or 3 hours for several weeks. Since then, my kratom dosage has gone up&down but now I've stabilized at about 6 grams every 4 hours. I've never used extracts.

I would like to cut back somewhat (just to lower my tolerance) but I feel no need to quit completely. I've gotten over a lot of other serious addictions (alcohol, benzos, coke, meth), so I'm sure I could quit kratom if I really wanted to-- but it's not causing me any problems and it's relatively cheap, so I feel no need to give it up. When my pain flares up, kratom + ibuprofen + edibles are enough to make it tolerable.

I'm in the same boat with nueropathy and yes if Im being honest my addiction would still need to be dealt with..My pain is no joke and def opiate type pain but the opiates don't work all the time either and its just a real hard game to play and ive kept my oxycodone dose in check never really going over 60mg a day but after taking the kratom extracts I was over 100mg a day and not feeling shit...I guess if im being honest with myself I probably need to stop everything and work the program of AA or NA..I"m really amazed at how these extracts rocketed tolerence or block the effects of oxycodone ...just for an experiment im not gonna touch extract and just use the leaf this time and take a few days off the Kratom and try oxycodone again and see if it comes back...just really fucking interested in this now....but ultimately I need to stop all....its good to know that you are stabilized and in good spirts with the kratom...maybe I will go down that road as well.....have you tried oxycodone or another opiate while being on the kratom leaf? totally kill the high for you if so im guessing ? Just now seeing you posted the answer to this question above...tyty

Last edited:
I consider this a good thing since now I'm not at all tempted to go back to oxys, hydros, or any other expensive opioid habit.
I'll continue to take kratom as a sort of MAT program.
This is what I do. In fact I had taken any pain pills given the last 15 years and put away as they become less potent when someone is also using kratom. So it has helped me create new habits.

But yes years ago it took a few weeks off kratom before I could feel codeine again. I think it is a tolerance situation not a blocking. But as I said any of the stronger opiates will crush kratom.