• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom raises tolerence or acts like a blocker to oxycodone?

I’ve stuck with plain leaf the last eight years. I just about never do extracts as curious as I could be about them. Plain leaf is treated me well and kept me and balance. Plus I am slowly tapering off. I went from 50 g a day plain leaf to 25 without any issue. But I have not dropped it lower than that yet but I will.

If a person has the will to drop half a gram every couple days tapering could be a breeze. I did that once. Although I admit my symptoms are mild with Kratom.

why taper ? my guess is you don't want to be dependent on something and its not giving you the same relief anymore? thats why ive always wanted to quit everything ive been addicted to...tobacco, opiates, etc. and now I have this neuropathy on top of it all and nothing works for it except ice boots to be honest... so from hearing your story and my gut is telling me I need to cold turkey it all warrior up and get myself in the rooms of AA...just a struggling addict trying to get better ... seems like anything that brings relief momentarily will eventually bring the pain and then some...my 2 cents...just struggling along and appreciate your story

im about 30 hours off the oxycodone and have used 7 grams of leaf until this point gonna try to keep that as low as I can and get rid of it within 7 days...not sure its doing much anyway but im sure it is

Let’s keep this thread rolling … chime in peeps … data is being gathered

Hey, yea I have chronic pain & I take kratom when I run out of my meds … but when I started taking the extracts instead of just regular kratom I definitely noticed it affects my tolerance to my pain meds once I get them refilled for sure

Add Tagamet to the list of messing up oxycodone effects..posted in another thread today

I learned that years ago. Kratom is weaker than oxycodone. But wow can it occupy those receptors. (some here would call that affinity and not strength) I have handfuls of oxycodone from years ago that I do not take simply because I have been using kratom. My honest opinion and what I had found back when I did try and alternate was the oxy was very weak when I tried using it while also using kratom. I needed 3-4 days (almost even a week) to have the tolerance to go down a little and make oxycodone work again. But of course it did. Nothing permanent. And I agree with you about being a good thing. As long as I have been on kratom I have no need for lighter opiates. (I do consider oxycodone light). But I also can say that morphine would totally overpower kratom but it is a lot stronger. So lighter opioids can be somewhat useless if a person is using kratom until they stop using it.

I did however have 80 mgs of oxycodone overpower kratom at one point but that is a large dose

Fentanyl would probably crush kratom though lol. But things like codeine, hydrocodone and oxycodone have to contend with kratoms binding affinity and feel weaker. But nothing permanent. But it is helpful for putting your oxycodone away for a day when kratom was no where near.
Morphine is weaker than oxycodone and I used to take both. Even my state, considers it weaker, at least orally, maybe your processes it differently and use a much higher dose, but oxycodone (the good ones without acetaminophen are noticeably stronger, I and the state of Michigan agree, but some don't like it, I am not one of them, when my pancreatitus subsided, I stopped using morphine and kept to oxycodone. I never really liked morphine, even IV at the hospital because it didn't have anywhere near the euphoric effects, but some don't like it, but it is considered stronger and I agree, hydrocodone, is weak in my opinion but it is like morphine in some regards. I know that the bioavailibility( mis?) Of Morpinecan depend on the person a lot, orally. Oxycodone taken to often in higher doses loses effects fast. Morphine is not got that power of euphoria that oxycodone can have in many people. Some people are different but it is considered 1.5 times as strong but some don't like it. Kratom kills oxycodone, not sure why, but morpine orally never did much compared to oxycodone for me anyhow

agree 100% about kratom killing oxycodone....and yes I've always kept my oxycodone usage relatively low but since taking that kratom it just sky rocketed and no real enjoyable effects ...need to take a break from both

In my experience both kratom leaf and extracts (OPMS Black capsules are my go-to) noticeably weaken the effects of most opioids when taken beforehand, even if it's earlier in the day. It diminishes the high from oxycodone and hydrocodone a lot, to the point where (unless you're seeking pain relief) they're better saved for another day, in my opinion.

Tramadol and low dose (<1mg) suboxone, for whatever reason, have a really nice synergy with kratom, but personally I wouldn't mix it with any opioids aside from those two.

Morphine is weaker than oxycodone and I used to take both. Even my state, considers it weaker, at least orally, maybe your processes it differently and use a much higher dose, but oxycodone (the good ones without acetaminophen are noticeably stronger, I and the state of Michigan agree, but some don't like it, I am not one of them, when my pancreatitus subsided, I stopped using morphine and kept to oxycodone.
Keep yourself well JN. It sounds like you are fighting the good fight. It is odd, we fight to stay alive and for the most part life sucks. Crazy this life.

Yeah I went and researched and it seems there is no clear answer as to which is stronger. Too much technical talk. But as you say you know what works for you. I will say the morphine I was talking about was poppy tea, which will absolutely crush kratom into the ground. And to me morphine is stealthier than oxycodone. Tolerance to oxy happens so quick, at least to me. I know people that take 10--120 mgs a day of OC and they say they feel nothing, just keeps them out of withdrawal. Where as with things like heroin and morphine an addict can inject and always feel something. Maybe that is true of IV oxy, I never had that. I have had IV morphine, heroin, oxymorphone but never IV'd oxy. I am strange that way. I never smoked cocaine but I have IV'd it. Yeah so we can only go by what works for us.

Kratom for sure makes a lot of opiates weaker until it is out of our system. Although if you take the oxy first and then kratom there can be a synergy. But I do consider this effect of kratom a good effect. No interest in pills for years. It is a good tool to make good habits.

I am only tapering slowly because I want off. It served its purpose. It kept me off the streets. But now I want to go without but it is slow going. Too many duties and I need to much energy to make it through the day currently. I silently hope that changes in time. You know, with time and money anything can be done.

My Kratom research and experiment is over...IMO it's a trash drug that absolutely destroys opiate tolerance and renders them useless...Avoid at all costs..Now I see why its sold at gas stations and tobacco shops ...I'm not a fan of Kratom as you can see..

Hey there,

No need to fear. It’s simply crossing properties with Opiods, which leads to tolerance issues. No need to take them together. Simply take a break from the Kratom, and begin your Oxycodone use. No need to combine medications. Hard on your kidney and livers. Take care.

Cheers

Tomer

Kratom should not be under estimated it is a powerful substance and sky rockets opiate tolerance with a single dose imo

Kratom and opioids are absolutely cross-tolerant.

I remember years ago when I used to get Tylenol 4's prescribed to me. Of course, I was abusing them periodically and would run out early before my script was due to be refilled. Well, one of the times I ran out early, I started taking Kratom daily (probably about 50 grams per day) ... and when I finally went to go refill my script, I popped 5 of them — so a total of 300mg of Codeine — and it really didn't feel too much different than taking just Tylenol. The effects if the Codeine were very, very minimal. Normally, 300mg of Codeine would have had me feeling gooood. But this time, it felt more like I had only taken maybe one or two.

So, I did some research... and since Kratom acts of some of the same opioid receptors in your brain as conventional opioids, they sure enough are cross-tolerant (to an extent, at least).

I was a daily kratom user for 10+ years until recently. It absolutely dulls the shit out of oxy. I have no idea how long you'd need to abstain as I don't currently have any oxy on hand. Good luck!