• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives [Ketamine Subthread] Long Term Side-effects

I know that some people have complained of bladder problems, Elemya (I could be wrong on this spelling) recently posted issues with her bladder that related to Ketamine.

Im going to change the title of the thread to be more specific.

Welcome to Bluelight <3

After I stopped snorting it I didn't have problems with my bladder. I peed in a towel once, stuck in traffic on the 91 frwy. I went through this phase where I should have been drunk to be pissing that much. Beer pisses X 5 indeed.

But I stopped snorting 3 years ago... replaced with IM and IV, due to high tolerance more than preference or choice. Now only a real phlebotomist or super-skilled RN can hit my veins (since I destroyed them all myself).. and I AM a Phlebotomist. I've been schooled to hit veins and I wasn't a good girl until more recently when I switched from 21-23 gauge super syringes to teenie 29 guage ones. I have track-mark smiles for miles. I replaced most IV with IM for 95% of the time. If I try for at least an hour, using a tiny insulin syringe under a full blue moon.... on a foggy winter solstice; I am sometimes lucky enough to get a flash and IV it. Otherwise pffffthhh. IM.

Anyway, fastandbulbous is right, the problems associated in this thread have more to do with norketamine (the breakdown product of ketamine) and not the Ketamine itself.

Yes, it's a salt (hydrochloride).... but I've only had it recrystalize in my body before because I was making my own reconstitutions of it from crystals so I could IM/IV it and get 200mg doses out of a 100 unit insulin syringe. OK how can I explain this easily....

Vials are either 500mg per 10ml, or 1000mg per 10ml.

So I took it a few steps beyond that to 2000mg per 10ml. The "liquid" this created was so dense with crystals that I gave up shaking it for 10 minutes at a time and just started throwing the vial in a boiling pot.

=D Sometimes my stupidity entertains me |=|IIIIII|----

So anyway, after this, everything was dissolved and crystal clear... smelled a bit funny and all but uhm... thats super dense pure K for you, and all my muscles smelled like it ... like my deltoids for weeks afterwards. But this binge itself was from New Years till sometime in early feb, and 58 grams later (I know because my bf in a not so nice tone reminded me as he kept count). Tiny shards of kitty were surfacing on the places I had injected when I'd itch the area.

I would have actually stayed out of the hospital on this one but my immune system took a hit from the chemical abuse, so I caught the flu from my instructor of all people (Dental school, heh) quite easily.

OH, I was taking 3 10mg percocet a day
vicoden, baclofen, ... around 6 meds of which all but 1 were narcotic...

The flu caused me to puke....... so I went into super-ultra benzo and opioid withdrawal, and all that norketamine in my system...... and I was on this shit because I fractured my back / spine in 5 places and couldn't walk otherwise (just before Xmas 2009).

TOAST people TOAST! Just have the TOAST handy..... a good friend from the UK would tell me this :p

so this is just 1 incident, among dozens. Psilo.... got to witness this one :| About that book ?

Somehow I'm healthy as a fucking... well I don't know, not much health around me these days... but compared to 99% of people I see, I'm rock'n. Lab tests = STD/DISEASE/Healthy as can be.

But this is just a personal vendetta God has with me. He won't just let me die a peaceful K-hole death [Middle Finger]

Much love <3

ps. heating pads work fucking wonders for the K cramps. GET ONE!

All replies in the thread seem to be focused on the physical ailments due to excissive ketamine abuse, but I had a markedly different experience.

I would binge for a week at a time, using about a gram a day, IM. Now let me be clear, I have had my fair share of ketamine freak out, bad trip, existential crisis type events fro K, but ntohing I wasnt able to control. This was noticebly different. At first, I thought I was having a stroke, my entire body felt like it was pulsing with energy, buzzing is the best word to describe. I could immediately distinguish this feeling from the feeling of the drug. The first time this happened, the effects lasted LONG after the ketamine was out of my system. It didnt fully subside until 3 days later.

Well, I didnt heed the obvious warning to stay away, Indulged in ketamine again, and had a similar experience. As I type this, I feel different. All my mental faculties are working as they were before, but theres this....damper on my mind. Its as if an opaque curtain was placed over my mind. It is gradually subsiding but it has completely taken me by surprise, as I never had a reaction like this to any substance, nor heard of anyone else having one.

TLDR : My brain seems to incurr ketamine hangovers that last a week at least.

I was actually thinking the same thing. Its been about 5 days since my last shot, and the 'fuzziness' is beginning to subside.

Ketamine cramps... help

I've been getting severe K cramps lately. I'll generally do between 2-4g nasally everyday.
I've been doing K for over a year, but the pain's just started recently. Any help to ease them?
A hot bath, as hot as my body will allow I've found helps a lot, and also hot water bottles. I read not swallowing the drip can help prevent them, is it true?

You need to drastically reduce your ketamine usage. Those pains are symptomatic of severe damage that you are inflicting on your bladder. Swallowing ketamine does lead to more being metabolised to norketamine, a chemical which is particularly damaging to the urinary tract, but at this point what you need to do is stop sniffing so much ketamine. I know it's not what you want to hear, but there are people in their early twenties who have had their bladders completely removed due to ketamine use. I'm not trying to scare you, I'm sure that if you address the problem you'll be fine. However, you know what is causing these pains. Rather than trying to alleviate the symptom, you need to stop causing it.

Not swallowing the drip is a complete myth. K-Krampz okkur with heavy abuse of ket no matter what ROA you favour and dripswallowing or lack thereof makes sod all difference. Yerg is bang on - only way to stop them is to lay of the kay for a while at least. A long while at that :\

Or keep going a bit longer and do the bladder rekonstruktion thang. Wouldn't really advise that though...

I have heard talk that perhaps a teaspoon (or may have been a tablespoon? probably was a tablespoon) of bicarbonate of soda swallowed dissolved in water can maybe help alleviate the akute pains on a very short-term basis. But is no cure whatsoever and may also be but another K-head myth. Possibly worth a try though to get ya through the night. Just make sure to not start back on the ket tomorrow... or for many more tomorrows to kome, sadly. I'd rekommend a minimum of six months total abstinence. Seriously. Maybe even longer. Just gotta do it, I'm afraid. Waaaaay better than the alternative kos those kramps will not go away until you're rushed to hospital for emergency surgery otherwise :(

Welcome.. :)

I've had these before and only stopping doing so much ketamine made it go away.
It really made me worry. Actually the worrying was good because it scared me and
helped me cut down. By that I don't mean to say the worrying doesnt have a real
basis, this can fuck your bladder up and the effect to your gall bladder is also nasty.

This thread will be merged (put together) with the following one:
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=341627

Which is about the long term side effects including these cramps.

But not until you get back to us confirming that you are okay with me moving this together.

That's fine, you can merge the two together. :)

I think I'm definitely going to have to reduce my K intake, as the pain is ridiculous. I actually threw up earlier, because I was in so much agony. The high doesn't balance out, as much as I love K, I'd rather keep my stomach intact.

I had to have my gall bladder taken out because of this. That was in 2007, and I was only 25 years old at the time. The infection hit me in 2006; I remember having my first gall bladder attack, I was paralysed. It felt like my spine was being ripped apart sideways. It was so bad that I was rolling around on the floor crying for mercy. The pain actually transcended all thresholds and it actually got psychedelic because my mind couldn't handle the intensity. In the emergency room they shot me up with copious amounts of morphine because I was vomiting and shivering and even then I was in agony. When they did the laprascopy they showed me the photos and the organ had turned fucking green because it had gotten infected.

I didn't even relate it to the ketamine at that time; I had no idea that the drug could even do this back then. It only took me a year of ketamine binging to get in to that state. I only found out after I had it removed, when everytime I would do ketamine I would get pains in my liver. A doctor friend told me it was probably phantom pain from the cholecystectomy, but I hadn't told him I was doing drugs. When I found out online that the ketamine screws with your bile ducts and stuff I knew exactly what it was. But it's funny, I remember while I was on the waiting list I had one nasty experience with K where I hadn't taken my usual daily valium dose, and it ripped me a new one. Apart from the incredible trip, it literally gave me a tactile view of my insides, where I could feel the damage I had done to my liver; it was like this huge dead mass in the right side of my abdomen. It felt so messed up, I decided my days with ketamine were numbered.

A lot of people think it's okay to have your gall bladder out because it'd not necessary to keep you alive, but this is just wrong. Without it, there's no regulation to the bile flow from your liver, and it drips constantly in to your gut, so your diet has to be modified. Not to mention how it throws off the energy flows in your body (chi, qi, etc.) meaning that has to be compensated for too. Please look after your body! You don't get another one. It is your temple, your connection to the universe in this life.

Last edited:
Will this also occur with MXE

Do you reckon this could also happen with MXE ?

Well, methoxetamine is deliberately a lot more potent than ketamine to reduce the effects of toxic metabolites, but it's relatively similar in structure, so it could be a possibility with excessive use. However, it has an N-ethyl group, rather than the N-methyl of ketamine, so it might be metabolised differently, I am certainly not clued-up enough to answer that one. Excessive use is what's implicated here, though- these symptoms typically affect people who are smashing an awful lot of K, upwards of a gram a day. That's already pretty hefty use, and when you consider the increased potency of methoxetamine, you're quite the fiend if you're getting through that kind of quantity. The world is a wonderful place, it's a shame to spend all your time away from it. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
Methoxetamine will most likely be N-dealkylated in the same manner as ketamine, producing the same "nor" metabolite, and then conjugated with glucoronic acid, etc. So yes, the danger is there. The doses are much lower, and it doesn't lend itself to +gram daily doses, but really, I am sure someone will figure out how to totally overdo it and experience "MXE pains". :|

Be safe<3

But yeah, to OP.....you gotta cut the K. Once the pains are there you are doing permanent damage. To a very vital system. Please stop <3<3

I've been getting severe K cramps lately. I'll generally do between 2-4g nasally everyday.
I've been doing K for over a year, but the pain's just started recently. Any help to ease them?
A hot bath, as hot as my body will allow I've found helps a lot, and also hot water bottles. I read not swallowing the drip can help prevent them, is it true?

Please please please stop immediately. Self medicating more K to help with the pain will make it get worse and worse.

I have one friend who now has to go to the toilet every 15 to 20 minutes because she has a rock hard bladder the size of around 75ml. Shes in constant pain, lacking sleep, cant work, finds it hard to travel anywhere....Her life is basically ruined until she gets round to having a bladder reconstruction surgery.

@Lutetium

I have also PM'd you a link to a thread on another forum I frequent where another Girl I know who HAS had the bladder reconstruction has told her story....

God damn, when i do lots of k I piss so much for so long, never thought 'bladder problems' would happen so easily, its sort of a joke though compared to problems of other things

^I don't think there's anything funnhy about having your bladder cut out.