• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives [Ketamine Subthread] Long Term Side-effects

From what I understand K cramps come from the gallbladder among other things, and like HT says they are symptoms of chronic onslaught on the body from ketamine and its metabolites. For me ketamine (I learned that it is the S-isomer that does this) makes me unable to stand food in my stomach and if I use enough and have stomach contents I vomit and feel very bad.
It's possible this is what happened to you but it's also possible you just got a stomach bug. Just remember to take proper care of yourself during long festivals or at least some minimum level of care to make sure you are only tired afterwards but without other messy complications.
I agree with suggesting eating enough but try to eat at least 3 hours before using K so that you have passed the food along when you start K'ing.

enough of an answer? :)

Wow perfect responses thanks a bunch and the funniest part is right before I left my buddies van I looked at the K he had and it looked alot like the S- isomer I have had in the past which always makes me sick but I just looked at it and thought looks don't mean shit but now I think it might have been some S. All of these things I need to put into consideration for next time! Thanks guys!

:)
Regardless - remember that the looks are pretty hard to go by + racemic ketamine is by far the most common (so it's what you might call normal ketamine) + that racemic K is a mixture of 50% R and 50% S... furthermore pure R is the rarest of all so it is always very likely that one has ketamine that at least contains some S and it thus a bit hard on the body. Or otherwise said: even if it wasn't pure S it probably still included it.

I feel sorry for people who get nauseous from ketamine.
I got kind of motion sick my first two times then after that it's been smoooooth sailing.
I can eat a thanksgiving dinner while almost holing, although it might take me awhile haha

Haha I envy you toast if I drink a smoothie even two hours before I will vomit gotta follow solipsis and wait three plus but again thanks guys for all the info!!

I feel sorry for people who get nauseous from ketamine.
I got kind of motion sick my first two times then after that it's been smoooooth sailing.
I can eat a thanksgiving dinner while almost holing, although it might take me awhile haha

That's what I'm talking about Holy Toast, I just laughed my ass off............Every now and again if I do too large of an amount of K or MXE too quickly when my tolerance is lower and I haven't been taking care of my self as well as I do when I'm taking Dissociatives, I'll get sick, maybe once - just a quick barf and I'm all good. Like you said, after that it's smooth sailing. I honestly love to cook Dinner when I'm coming down from holing......the food looks so bizarre and interesting cooking, and then I'm like, "Oh yeah, I'm going to eat this when it's done, wonder what that will be like"? I've actually always enjoyed food while tripping, I'll eat at least 1 meal, if not 2 during my journeys - doesn't matter if it's LSD, Mushrooms, Disco's, I think it makes food taste better, it heightens your senses in a strange way. All you need is to puff a little herb prior and you'll be good to go.
As for the OP's original statement - you fucked up when you didn't eat enough food or drink enough liquids and then decided to do a heavy Dissociative. I don't care what isomer was prevalent, it's WAY more the fact that your body, blood sugar, and brain were all beat up from partying, lack of sleep, lack of nutrients, and using up energy you probably didn't have but thought that you did since you were on drugs. The only time I ever get a hangover from Drugs, or get sick - is if I poorly prepare for doing them. If you eat a medium sized meal a couple of hours prior to your fun, make sure you have water on hand throughout your adventures.......the odds of getting sick, or any of that are decreased dramatically - at least for me. Just listen to your body a little more next time. It's telling you what it needs. Stay safe and have fun.

Hi all,

I'd like to ask a question relating to this. I have been recently reacting to K after snorting. My nose immediately gets blocked and I can't seem to snort anymore. I thought it was because I had a cold so I quit it for a bit. When I tried again, it happened again. I have tried saline nasal sprays and they help but still my nose is inflamed and blocked.

I also just tried it again and now I broke out with hives. I'm not certain that it has anything to do with the K but I'm assuming it does. I Google'd it and see that hives can be a symptom. Just wanted to see if anybody else is having these problems. Is anybody having these problems and do you know what to do?

Sounds like you have shitty shit, is it the same batch potentially or is it definitely different sources causing the same effects? Good K Ive never had to snort enough that my nose ended up particularly blocked up, any more than one would expect from shoveling powders up there.

Well it's from the same source...my guy is telling me that at least. I never had this problem until recently. It's so weird.

Try an acetone wash on suspect K.

I have a source where I end up with ~900-950mg/1g after washing. It is a small amount, but the unwashed always leads to sinus irritation and more blocking than the washed. Maybe its in my head, but I do not think so.

I suffer from chronic constipation...either addicted to senna (a stimulant laxative) from being on opioids so long, or perhaps my vagus nerve was disturbed. ANYway...since I can't take opioids any longer for pain, I'm considering a ketamine infusion. I wanted to try the nasal spray first to see if it caused constipation to be worse. If so I KNOW the infusion will and it will last for months. I cannot endure that kind of constipation. I have no idea the amount of ketamine I will be given. It's at a clinic. I've talked to national institute of health clinical trials...they only have data saying it's LESS constipating than opioids...well what about those NOT on opioids who take ketamine? Any constipation? And how long is pain relief? I have googled til my fingers hurt. Please help. I need to be rid of this pain. (chronic). Thank you.

I've never heard of constipation as a side effect of ketamine, but it's possible if you have chronic constipation, I'm not sure. Not sure about the pain either.