• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives [Ketamine Subthread] Dangers & Risks

.....After receipt of the initial autopsy report, the police decided to detain the husband and investigate him as a suspect. Finally, the husband confessed that he had been using ketamine to poison his wife since September 2002, because the lover wanted to marry him, but he did not want to lose assets in a divorce settlement. At first, he added one vial (100 mg) of ketamine to his wife’s coffee cup. After four or five such additions, he found no noticeable symptoms of toxicity. He then added two vials (200 mg) to her drink. The victim began to show some symptoms of ketamine toxicity. Each time such intoxication occurred, the husband informed the victim’s family and sent her to hospital for clinical examination.....
Am I the only one who went MAJOR WTF??? when I read this?

And

The combined effects of ketamine in some aspects may be similar to the experience of sexual orgasm (12).

I assume reference (12) is the author's ass, from which he pulled such facts.

Did she not notice her coffee was a bit weird tasting?? There is absolutely no way you can spike one's drink with K without them noticing. The wife must have been having serious health issues already to be so out of it.

I honestly cannot give you an answer. I've seen MUCH more severe and longer-lasting cases of Ketamine abuse (think a gram spread out through the day IV, every day, for years) and both of them are still alive last I heard. A bit kooky in the head, but still alive and even have jobs.

That being said, I have mentioned this many times before in this very thread: Abuse ANYHTING for a long time, and you WILL hurt yourself.

On a related note, does anyone know what the cause of death was for John C Lilly?

Carl Jansen brings up both Lilly and Marcia Moore as examples of people who made Ketamine their career. Their use was definitely much heavier and longer-lasting than the above case. He mentions that Moore died from hypothermia because she decided to go outside in winter and binge on K. I think she froze in a lake or something. But her death had nothing to do with the above autopsy. It seems that Lilly died only months after Jansen's publication, so I have no info on his cause of death, but he was in his 90s when he died, which tells me that he lived a relatively healthy physical life even with SEVERE ketamine use (granted, it did take its toll on his mental constitution)...

Last edited:
dude, that totally makes me feel at least a bit better. the article I posted does seem a bit strange. why would the guy a) think to use K to poison his wife and b) where did he get all this k in liquid? for years? and c) like you said, she would taste it. and d) I have used WAY more than 200 mg of k for a long time (months on end with small breaks) and I havent died.

also, how the hell does 200 mgs of k cause toxicity that is noticeable? 200 mgs is not very much. some people dont even get high off that much less get toxic effects from it.

I live on the Mexico boarder and K is very easy to get for me. I have consumed mass amounts in several different ways. I do not feel that K is not addictive and over dose is very unlikely do to your nose congestion after large amounts and or you will fall so far down the hole its imposable to take more.What makes it danguros is people trying to do things (walk dance eat drink....)you are your own danger. I take it and put on some music and lay the fuck down with everything ill need (more stuff, drink,my girl...) ive never had any problems

Jamshyd said:
Make no mistake, Ketamine addiction is disgusting - but I really think it is not as common as most people think (very, very few pople have a supply steady enough to maintain a heavy addiction).

Unfortunately, not so in the city I live in, where a 2ml vial of 50mg/ml Ketamine HCl costs the equivalent of 75 US cents, and can be obtained easily.

this thread makes me a little anxious to experiment with ketamine a little bit!

aj1976 said:
Unfortunately, not so in the city I live in, where a 2ml vial of 50mg/ml Ketamine HCl costs the equivalent of 75 US cents, and can be obtained easily.
That's an exception, and a major one at that (I'm tempted to say its b/s, or you're generalizing your own special connection unto the entire K-using populace, but you might be right).

not even in india are the prices like that.

you want to know about the dangers? I overdosed on ketamine a couple weeks back. not fun. mind you I was doing ecstasy as well, but the K played a big part as I had been snorting it heavily all day. having your entire body feel like its being burned from the inside out was not fun. :)

around 1-2 grams (wasnt wieghing it out). I'm not kidding either. It was bad.

insufflated.

Last edited by a moderator:
pkt said:
not even in india are the prices like that.

Really?
Pray tell, how much is 29 indian rupees in USD?
Because that's how much it costs for a 2ml vial of 50mg/ml

edit: okay, add tax and you get 30 rupees

silentscience said:
around 1-2 grams (wasnt wieghing it out). I'm not kidding either. It was bad.

insufflated.

A medical dose for anesthesia is something like 4 grams.

Jamshyd said:
That's an exception, and a major one at that (I'm tempted to say its b/s, or you're generalizing your own special connection unto the entire K-using populace, but you might be right).

It's the truth mate. Why would I b/s you? It costs 29.xxx Rupees per vial. Add tax and it comes to 30 rupees per 2ml vial.

Alright, I believe you. The point is, your case is still an exception.

SS: As xork said, the medical anaesthetic dose is higher than that. Perhaps it had more to do with your E use?

Yes it is an exception, although the scary thing is that drug users here are just figuring out the whole deal with this K. It's already started to escalate and befre long I'm sure there will be lots of casualties (due mostly to stupidity and not the drug. I'm NOT going to bash K. That I will never do). And unfortunately, it's not just my city, but almost every major metropolitan one in my country where you get this dirt cheap. My city alone has nearly 3000+ known heroin users, a lot of whom are switching to K due to scarcity of good smack or even bupe.

edit: of course in other cities here, there are already thousands of regular K users. at present in my city, I'd say a couple of hundred now.

Last edited:
This is of course Aneket but they don't list the ingredients as (s)-ketamine. Just Ketamine. Although I'm fairly certain it contains a much higher ratio of the S enantiomer

Last edited:
Jamshyd said:
It is beneficial as antidepressant (it is the only thing that worked for my bipolar, it made me not commit suicide several times, it helped me find a job too), it lowers tolerance to other drugs, it is beneficial as neuroprotectant, it is also even proven to cure rabies!! Amongst other things. I will publish a list of journal articles I'm collecting once I am done.

As for liver damage, the gall bladder thing is a fact. It seems to be not widely understood but it happens to heavy users. I guess you can say that if you feel it, then this is a sign that you are crossing the line. Maybe FnB will shed more light on this. In any case it is by no means a good thing, but it CAN be avoided as my experience has proven over the years. And as I mentioned - abuse of ANY substance will lead to toxicity, even beneficial ones like Ketamine. However, Ketamine has been used medicinally for more than 40 years, and it is medically used as an anaesthetic for children and people with liver problems due to its extreme safety.

But again I say: the abuse of ANYTHING *will* cause toxicity.

Whoa there guy.

Ketamine DOES NOT cure rabies.

It was used with midazolam and phenobarbital to put a girl that had symptomatic rabies into a fucking COMA.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeanna_Giese

jamshyd can you elaborate on how Ketamine can be used as a neuroprotectant? I assume you mean once the full anesthetic dose is reached right?