• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives [Ketamine Subthread] Dangers & Risks

I still also want to try to IV DPT, illusion has done this I believe and reported mixed results (iirc).

if we are going to dick size about amount of K used. yesterday me and a friend went through 3.5 grams in less then 4 hours. IVed.

we are PIGS!!!!

and there is nothing like walking out of pizza joint to find your friend passed out holing on the side walk. "he told me he was going to go push off..."

Youkai said:

and there is nothing like walking out of pizza joint to find your friend passed out holing on the side walk. "he told me he was going to go push off..."

If I had friends in that sort of shape, I would try to get them some help before they end up dying, instead of goofing around eating pizza. That is beyond thoughtless and pretty far into the realm of reckless abuse without regard for one's wellbeing. I hope you are joking about your friend.

A bit OT, but everything you've posted over time has been like a D.A.R.E. or other govt propaganda video of what happens to people that start out exploring around with drugs and progress to the point of having no self control and constantly endangering themselves with compulsive damaging drug use. please be careful.

Lol at all the talk of k holeing.

K Holes scare me, it feels like I have always been there. It is the most intence psychedelic I have tried (including DMT) I have made my friends laugh and say whatever I want using my mind, I have seen the end of my life and the penultimate end of the universe in an intence and buetiful explosion! K-Holing is the most amazing and strange state ever.

However I disagree that it should only be used to K Hole. The best thing (in my opinion) is to have a joint in your own home, get naked, watch your favourite program on TV and have a few bumps of K. It's the most comfortable feeling in the world, enjoying yourself in so many ways.

wow I wonder sometimes at the way people describe k-holing. For me it really is nothing quite as spectacular. Its a shutdown of my sensory mechanisms until eventually I am barely conscious (and then not at all).

I would mention that I k-holed (properly) only after having tripped probably a hundred times on serotonergic psychs.

man I totally agree about the marijuana + K + sitting comfortably naked in front of a movie

great great great

man I miss ketamine :/

I would certainly disagree with that - based on personal knowledge Ketamine addiction IS rare, IMO. I don't deny some people may crave it but those cravings won't be THAT bad. Plus withdrawal effects are virtually nil - both physical and psychological. Like you say though - there is not enough data one way or another. I am just basing this on what I have seen, read, heard and experienced.

http://www.erowid.org/culture/characters/turner_dm/turner_dm.shtml

D.M. Turner had been struggling with a psychological addiction to ketamine for a few years. In 1996 he had gotten it under control to the point where he would use it mostly as a reward for having accomplished a certain task or project. He had become increasingly aware of the down side of ketamine use and how it negatively affected his relationship with the natural entheogens. He was always interested in the rare and exotic compounds, and was hoping to write a book on Ibogaine as his next project. Undoubtedly he could have shed much light on this little understood substance.

Mr. Turner was in the process of revising his Essential Psychedelic Guide, but as the changes may never come to light, it should be stated that his opinion of ketamine had changed considerably. He was sensitive to safety issues, and was increasingly troubled by what he called the "psychedelic heroin" properties of ketamine. He confided in friends that DMT, which he considered his most helpful ally, had a difficult time counteracting the addictive and increasingly life-negative effects of this drug. DMT conveyed to him that ketamine was a sort of "Frankenstein molecule" that didn't obey the shamanic rules, and he was given several warnings to drop it from his program. Ultimately, his failure to completely do so led to his untimely passing.

I am not sure where DM Turner got off claiming that ketamine addiction is rare. Everybody I know who has used ketamine except one person says they would GLADLY do it again and are always looking for it.

I know I for instance would gladly buy a gram from a friend whenever they have it. I love the stuff.

I know people addicted to ketamine that get through 10 grams in 2 days by themselves, and write their names in Ket and snort it up!

Personally the most I can get through is a gram in 2 days which would give me about 3 good K Holes and about 20 little lines. So samadhi smiles are your K Hole experiences psychedelic atall or just like being knocked out for half an hour?

My experiences tend to be very visual, and full of audio hallucinations so extreme that I can produce any sound or visual I want at as little as 150mg up my nose.

they're like a knock out trip.

I had ONE psychedelic ketamine trip where I was staring at an odd featured part of my room (kind of a little alcove) and I was rearranging thoughts about space and perspective.

But, I'll be completely honest, DOHP. I use ketamine because I like how it gets me fucked up. I like being trashed on it and being silly with friends and laughing my ass off. We usually do 30-50mg little lines and keep doing those for a couple hours every little while. I only ever use about 250mg MAX in a night, usually much much less. Smoking copious amounts of pot and others will usually drink or do other drugs (alcohol and I do NOT mix well).

*there I said it (and admitted it to myself)*

I have other chemicals that I use for personal or spiritual 'work'.

spun420833 said:
One of the factors that made me stop using K in social settings was the way it limited my ability to communicate. The thought or idea would be fully formed in my mind, but it would be extremely hard to make it come out of my mouth. On the other hand, in more intimate settings speech often unnecessary. The ESP/Hive mind thing seems to be quite real on high doses with good friends.

I've experienced the SP/Hive mind thing a LOT with K.

I also kinda like it when I go out (gig environment, say - especially S-K) because it'll make me happily nonchalant in a crowd of people I don't know. Will kill all social anxiety issues in a much smoother way than alcohol. Also totally agree with s_s that K has a super sociable side to it at lower doses, and that it can be like kids let loose in a toy store when messing about on K. Great stuff!

Last edited:
The most intense k-holes have hit me totally unexpectedly, i can never achieve them when i wish the harder i try the less success i have.. they always come to me when i'm completely wankered on a mix of other substances ussually mdma mainly and then i'm able to take the hugest lines in shortest period of time..

I find snorting so hard to produce K-holes.. but that's all i want from K

Could anyone please PM with some IMing advice or info.. i don't want to get it wrong but i DEFFINATELY want to go this way! to conserve my K and to get exactly what i want from it! =]

cheers:!

illusion25 said:
Sniffing ketamine is like eating 1-2 grams of mushrooms,,,,,you never get to expierence the purpose of the substance, (psilocin being mainly visions and ego detachment)

strongly disagree . maybe i'm a lightweight but as I have never injected anything (and plan to keep it that way for now) and as I don't abuse K all too much despite constant access, I require pretty low doses to go quite far with it even after 3 years of fairly regular use (with intervals). 100mg nasally taken all at once, or 400mg+ orally will send me into a hole with visions much like what you are describing,and most definitely very much OBE.

A small amount of alcohol beforehand (and I do mean a small amount, say 2 beers or equiv., def.no more than 4) will produce an even deeper state of dissociation for me, where the life and death process of cells seems to magnified right before my eyes, aeons and millions of them and as many years away from wherever now is...... you name I have been there with pretty low doses of nasal K.

I also rate K highly as an adjunct to other psychedelics as it helps soften the ego so it'll stop struggling with thee psychedelic push and give in... the process of dying that K seems toinduce in me most times anyway is deeply magnified that way. And the psychedelic experience at hand is at the same time further enhanced. All this without any injecting going on.

Of course I don't know how it is to have injected it as I haven't done it - but I do know that I have experienced what you are describing even without injecting. Whatever K was "meant" to be used for, and even if you "hate" folks who will just "sniff" it -this is what many do, and if they get out of K what they want that way, then why not? No need to belittle their experiences, I think.

illusion, I agree that injecting will take you much deeper. My few times injecting it (roughly a half dozen or so times) have pushed me way deep. In fact so deep that sometimes I am afraid I've dosed too much!

IMing isn't nessercery imo. I can snort a 300mg line in one go easily which is enough for a very strong K hole. 400mg would probley knock me out.

I do agree that Ket is very fun with weed and a few mates, just laughing and raving out to some good music. My first time I was doing it with four mates and got dealt a big line (which i recommend everyone does, dive in at the deep end) and we were smoking joints, playing games, listning to music and genrally just messing about. I don't see anything wrong with using Ket like that (to get fucked up).

yeah, its a great fuckupedness. Man this thread is making me want some.

Think I'm gonna get some =D

I'll add ketamine + going down on a girl = glorious ;)

DOHP, have you ever IMed k? Its a much better high, much more even, less nasty physical shit (drip, clogged nose, stomach discomfort). Its just so much cleaner and beautiful. And more psychedelic.

(not trying to advocate injecting drugs, but I'll never take ketamine or a simple tryptamine like DPT any other way)

Well since we're talking about the dangers of Ketamine, I'll relate an experience that happened to me twice (once recently, with all the care in the world) while IVing.

While I never, ever went out before finishing a shot, one thing that can happen if you overdo the dosage is that you completely and utterly forget that you ever did that shot and go on wondering what happened to your needle you were just about to use...etc. Its a really scary and potentially dangerous experience.

The first time it happened I had someone with me to remind me (twice) and stop me from reinjecting myself, once with an imaginary needle, and the second with a real one.

The second time I was alone and suddenly woke up to the fact that I had a shot prepped, but I looked for the needle exactly where I placed it, and it was gone! It took going throuhg my entire disposal bin, counting every single needle over and over again to realize that, not only did I already inject it, but I actually somehow managed to dispose of it (AND the alcohol swabs!) properly before/during blacking out.

Perhaps a main culprit in such results is the pressence of benzos in the bloodstream. I don't care to find out! (although I can tell you for sure not to bother IVing K if you're on benzos, because you WILL forget the trip (and ONLY the trip, if you're lucky).

Because of such experiences, I don't think I will ever IV ketamine again.

Last edited:
samadhi_smiles said:
yeah, its a great fuckupedness. Man this thread is making me want some.

Think I'm gonna get some =D

I'll add ketamine + going down on a girl = glorious ;)

DOHP, have you ever IMed k? Its a much better high, much more even, less nasty physical shit (drip, clogged nose, stomach discomfort). Its just so much cleaner and beautiful. And more psychedelic.

(not trying to advocate injecting drugs, but I'll never take ketamine or a simple tryptamine like DPT any other way)
Yeah, i've only IMed Ketamine twice. It was nice not having the horrible drip or finding crystals of ketamine form around your nose. But to be honest I prefure to snort because it's quicker and theirs less hassle with getting pins.