• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives [Ketamine Subthread] Dangers & Risks

As for nose sores, I have definately experienced that. Granted these were nights when multiple grams were used between just 2-3 people. As I've stated in other threads for some reason insulfating seems to work better for me than IM. It jus seeems to take me further and have a more psychedelic feel to it. I find this odd because most folks on here seem to report the exact opposite.

Do any of you experienced K users see any danger in someone with Chron's Disease using Ketamine in moderate doses. I just ordered some for the first time and didn't really think about it. I have had a resection of my intestines about four months ago. My only concern is the reports of stomach pain though that was mostly with heavy use that I have read.

fastandbulbous said:
What it does do though is through NMDA antagonism it buggers up LTP (long term potentiation) and makes a mess of the whole process of memory formation; sometimes to the point of making people seem retarded while using heavily. Takes quite a while to get back to normal after stopping as well. Personally I've found that moments of heavy use played havoc with numerous vocabulary skills (being unable to recall, use or even speak coherent words)
I will not argue with that - although I will say that with light-use, the above effect can turn out to be a "nootropic" kind of one. I have posted before on BL how I've used such after-effects to help me with language exams.

That being said, heavy, irresponsible use does lead to "k-tards" ;)

I noticed that after I started to get into ketamine a bit I started to get a pain in my side and issues that seemed highly correlated with use. Ketamine has a noticeable diuretic effect for me as well which would support the idea it could be related to kidney/bladder/gall stone issues.

I agree that additives are more likely than something inherent in ketamine itself.

I remember reading a news story about problems from contaminated K in Asia, but news reports are often the least reliable places to get information on the possible dangers of drugs...

The other additives very well MAY be responsibe for some adverse conditions caused by K usage but considering there is no real chance of K vails shipping without preservatives and the majority of illicit supply being diverted from the legal market its quite the moot point. You will still ingest them with your K, or at least most of us will unless your ketamine is sythed in the black market (which opens a whole new can or worms with purity concerns).

theWorldWithin said:
The other additives very well MAY be responsibe for some adverse conditions caused by K usage but considering there is no real chance of K vails shipping without preservatives and the majority of illicit supply being diverted from the legal market its quite the moot point. You will still ingest them with your K, or at least most of us will unless your ketamine is sythed in the black market (which opens a whole new can or worms with purity concerns).
^ Which is the point - you cannot blame Ketamine as a drug for all these problems because the additives are inevitable.

I defend Ketamine so fiercely because I truly believe that it is valuable medicine for a variety of ailments and that because of myths such as the ones perpetuated in this thread, it has been stigmatized and very little research was done on its benifits because of that.

OrneTTe said:
Do any of you experienced K users see any danger in someone with Chron's Disease using Ketamine in moderate doses. I just ordered some for the first time and didn't really think about it. I have had a resection of my intestines about four months ago. My only concern is the reports of stomach pain though that was mostly with heavy use that I have read.

Anybody???

OrneTTe said:
Anybody???

I don't see how K could be that big of an issue with you, unless you still have intestinal healing happening, in which case it could irritate it and make it take longer to heal. I highly doubt it will worsen your condition, as I dont usuallly get stomach problems from K.

I know two people, both who are HUGE users of dissosiatives (one being DXM the other being ketamine) one would do 1000+MG DXM dosages 3+ times a week for months at a time the other will go through 30grams of ketamine in less then 4 days (seen it with my own eyes). each person isnt what you would call normal, but in in nno wsay any less able then theyw ere. They may be different or "weird" but talking with them and knowintg them will show that they are still very intelligent and have regained there ability to coherantly think. But I admit on the out side at first glance they seem alil... fried.

A friend of mine was the the director of the state run mental health and retardation hospital in my area(she's in private practice now). She said that the worst cases of drug induced mental problems she ran across at her time there were chronic IV users of Ketamine.

IV users. how many people actually push a needle of K into their vein? none that I know of. maybe IM if they're pretty hardcore, but most everyone I know just snorts little lines of it! pretty different from IV if you ask me.

silentscience said:
IV users. how many people actually push a needle of K into their vein? none that I know of. maybe IM if they're pretty hardcore, but most everyone I know just snorts little lines of it! pretty different from IV if you ask me.
Iv IVed ketamine and its common practice among a few people I know. Mainly these people also IV heroin and ketamine is used to ease heroin withdraws/replace them all together.

you'd be supprised at what people find enjoyable putting into there viens.

The biggest ketamine danger i have encountered is temporary facial disfiguration accompanied by a waterfall polo.

Jamshyd said:
^ Which is the point - you cannot blame Ketamine as a drug for all these problems because the additives are inevitable.

I defend Ketamine so fiercely because I truly believe that it is valuable medicine for a variety of ailments and that because of myths such as the ones perpetuated in this thread, it has been stigmatized and very little research was done on its benifits because of that.

Actually the point is that if you do K you are still fucking your self over no matter what you chose to blame.

But I do agree that ketamine has obvious medical value for many people and there are a ton of untrue myths about it. However it is still a very risky proposition to use it recreationally.

the only dangers i get from ketamine is runnig out of it! haha
jk'
The only side effect (NEGATIVE) i seemed to notice was a strong belief in the subjective worls and slowly ignorging the presence of the objective.
I would use alot of keatime for weeks at a time and you do have trips where everything you expierence is a creation and manifestation of your self.
I always wonder why it is called an OBE when really you turn off OUTside sensory input and go into your thalmus and brain stem. You are in a type of waking dream. You can metaprogram and get/unlock deeply imbedded secrtes inside your cells/dna on ketamine/
I had had the sence of meeting"the man" the creator, which i believe is the universre, my expierence being myself/ I get to talk to another part of myslef and communicate. Some people see this as another entity or being but in a k hole you total expierence in not reall anything but you are just a being of thought existing in what first comes to mind....coming back to the danger of believeng we cintrol make eveything( not really true)

I also got into it preety bad,,,i mean good. going thru 2 vials every 3 days (IM)
ctive as
i think thaere are alot more addictive and harmful drugs
meth, herion, acoihol, nicitine or even weed

I would only find a impulse to re use because i would get to a place that was my world and my creation. It is such a powerful edpierence. i always meet entities or travel thru galaxies and dimensions that i feel like i was ALMOST there, somewher, so i would do K again to gp farther.
I would get a transmissions or a secret so prfound you cannot believe you expierence it, but you soon loose memory of most or all of whaT happened.

Originally Posted by silentscience
IV users. how many people actually push a needle of K into their vein? none that I know of. maybe IM if they're pretty hardcore, but most everyone I know just snorts little lines of it! pretty different from IV if you ask me
my first time using K was IV. i then IV a couple vials to myself that week. Too bad i dont recall much. I prefer IM only because the shift isnt as drastic thus allowing you to prepare to be in control of what is happening.
IV ketamine i would sometimes sit there with a needle in my hands wondering what i did where i am what happened and by the time i notice i took a drug for a purpurse i come doan and never get anything from it except the mind slam.\
with IM i can put on some tunes lay back and float off to another place inside

It is a substance that took me a while using befiore i knoew how to play with it.
Now i will use a tryptamine or a DOx simutaneously with K allowing more creativity, color , thought , and alpha waves to help with the trip.

THE DANGER OF K-
/percieve you will talk to God or meet some being and recievesomething so great that you feel a need a urge or even obligation to go there again or find that gain to finish off what was happeneing.
I felt like i was on to something great or bigso i would use more and more. I would go further and further out there because i got very good with it, but not being able to obtain and APPLY information from K makes it just a hair from perfecion.
It has taought me thru expierence that the universe is infinite and nothing.
\But nothing is something it is nothing.
paradx,,na

also i find K worthless unless used for the K hole.
I hate people sniffing lines and walking around talking about thier k hole.
K is meant to produce OBE. YOU are meant to tap into your unconscious.

Sniffing ketamine is like eating 1-2 grams of mushrooms,,,,,you never get to expierence the purpose of the substance, (psilocin being mainly visions and ego detachment)

It can be fun snorting some but why look for a fun expierence when you can get mystical or just fucking blown away.\

here is so KETAMINe relateted and inspired poetry i wrote-

We came from nothingness and now exist in infinite.
Yet reality could all just be a projection of our mind.

There is the subjective
and there is the objective.
and there is also the nothingness.

Our reality, universe, existence, perceptions, experience.....is all inside nothing.

Infinite nothingness
Complete emptiness.

Is this how it is?
Or is this what i think?
Does it really matter?
I think therefore I am.

and another-

another one

live to die and die to live
cause life is death and death is a new life.
when there is give there is take.
there is black and there is white.
Where is the beginning and where is the end?

We are all one.
We always exist.
constantly changing, from one to another.

Maybe our spirit will soon be another.

There is the aware and the ever evolving.
There are states of being, and many perceptions.

Which one is right and which is real?
Is there an answer? does it matter?

Vibrations, and sound.
frequencies, color, and light.
Time, space, and energy,
Imagination, thought, and ideas.

This makes up our world.
Yet there is more.
There is the unknown,
and also the unexplained.
the relative, and opinions, and the unexpierenced.

THE UNIVERSE UNFOLDS-
First there was light, full of infinite energy. It creates all to come. The light become a single point.
then there was light and space. Time came next and then there was frequency. Soon came sound. Sound creates vibration, and then there is energy. Soon things start forming and our universe begins.
Later comes man, whom has the power of thought. Thought becomes imagination, and our universe unfolds.
We create our aura, and it creates our selves.
As we create new energy, it expierences itself. It also travels thru time, space, light, sound, and thought.
This creates another a whole new level. which then allows more to become.
A universe unfolding, infinitely increasing....where will it end?
it unfolds into nothing. A vastness of space. Pure nothingness and alone i wait.

illusion, thanks for the info and your thoughts...

always love to read what you have to say,

i'm getting ready sometime soon to IV ketamine. I think it will be interesting.

but I feel like IM is probably the way I will stay with it.

I have never injected any recreational drug. Your post made me curious as to what it's like (although I probably won't shoot it). I notice the same kind of things when snorting, like some knowledge that you are tapping into, or a messawe from a creator, that you must get back to . thus the addiction. anyways,....=D