• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom Jumping Off From One Week Kratom Use

This is my dilemma. I just finished a short course of suboxone and now it's on to the Lyrica and gabapentin. Just coming up on the first Lyrica dose, that stuff utterly demolishes withdrawal and makes me feel great. Got a handful of days of that, then gabapentin to ease down. I have been dependent on gabapentinoids before so kinda nervous about that but it won't be for long. The big struggle will be staying away when kratom is everywhere, half the gas stations, head shops all over town. And more gas stations every day it seems like.
Have you ever used phenobit ? It worked pretty well for the later stages of wd for me, I just found the bottle I had of it this morning, still have like 150 250mg pills, took 750mg and my usual pod tea dose and was pretty fucked up, I think phenobit could be a pretty useful tool if used correctly

Yeah I love phenibut, I always have some on hand. It doesn't work as well for withdrawal as gabapentin and lyrica though, because it makes my limbs ache at sufficient dosage. Which compounds already aching limbs. Also I have been addicted to phenibut 4 times, spent years addicted to it. So I limit myself to once a week or less. It's been about 2 weeks since I had any. It's my fail-safe for when I get too deep into gaba-related drugs, because I find it easy to get off, since it lasts so long, it's slow going though so I try to avoid it. I can dose every other day and be fine, then I cut out a day and stabilize on every 3 days, then do every 4 days, then every 5 days, then I can stop with just some residual insomnia and WILD dreams, The dreams almost make it worth it. Almost...

This is my dilemma. I just finished a short course of suboxone and now it's on to the Lyrica and gabapentin. Just coming up on the first Lyrica dose, that stuff utterly demolishes withdrawal and makes me feel great. Got a handful of days of that, then gabapentin to ease down. I have been dependent on gabapentinoids before so kinda nervous about that but it won't be for long. The big struggle will be staying away when kratom is everywhere, half the gas stations, head shops all over town. And more gas stations every day it seems like.
I feel you buddy, yesterday made 4 weeks off sub for me and it still hurts. Just keep going and try to resist the kratom.

Well today is day 1 and I feel like hell. I know it gets better and I should be alright in a few days, even though right now I don't believe it. I need to make sure I don't make any decisions I'll regret later when I'm of sound mind, like quitting my job. But this depression is ROUGH.

I just want to be clean and sober again. I forget how much better life is that way regardless of whatever else is happening.

Yeah in the middle of withdrawal it feels like it will never end, but it will. 4 or 5 days and you'll be past the worst of it and back to feeling better. If you have access to gabapentin, use that, it helps immensely. Or pregabalin/lyrica.

Yeah in the middle of withdrawal it feels like it will never end, but it will. 4 or 5 days and you'll be past the worst of it and back to feeling better. If you have access to gabapentin, use that, it helps immensely. Or pregabalin/lyrica.
I just realized you were the person who wrote that post about opiate addiction that hit me so hard. I had about 4.5 months clean at that point. I went back and read my response where I said I was having urges to use again. I can't believe I wanted to do this to myself. Man, I saved that post and read it every day. Seriously. Don't know how but it got me AGAIN. What do I need to do to be done with this beast once and for all?

Seriously, if it wasn't for my wife and kid, I would probably end it all.

I've heard it said that taking comfort meds like gabapentin kinda just pauses the withdrawals and when you stop taking them, you go through whatever you skipped while taking the comfort meds. What do you think?

I just realized you were the person who wrote that post about opiate addiction that hit me so hard. I had about 4.5 months clean at that point. I went back and read my response where I said I was having urges to use again. I can't believe I wanted to do this to myself. Man, I saved that post and read it every day. Seriously. Don't know how but it got me AGAIN. What do I need to do to be done with this beast once and for all?

Seriously, if it wasn't for my wife and kid, I would probably end it all.

Damn man, I'm sorry. I'm not sure what to tell toy because I have been struggling too. I made it 5 years without cravings but then my dad got really sick and it became so hard, and I relapsed once and then the brain bug started up again and before I knew it I was deep into daily dosing again. Quit a few times since and currently quitting again. Second day about to end with no opiates. I did a suboxone taper and now have lyrica and then gabapentin and then off. I cannot go through cold turkey again, I have a high functioning job and am in an active band on the side. All I can do in withdrawal is curl up by myself and take showers and watch TV.

I don't want to make you feel like it can't be done though. It can. Lots of people have done it.

The best you can do is keep pushing. try to get off again like you did before, and try some therapy, there is probably some reason underlying why you keep wanting to go back. I know there is for me.

I've heard it said that taking comfort meds like gabapentin kinda just pauses the withdrawals and when you stop taking them, you go through whatever you skipped while taking the comfort meds. What do you think?

Non-opioid comfort meds don't set you back, but if you use them too long you can get addicted to them. If you use them for a week or so and stop, you can bypass withdrawal and only have to deal with the residual stuff. I mean when you stop you'll feel worse than when you were on them, but that's because it takes a while to feel normal, even if you cold turkeyed, but if you cold turkey, by the time you get past the acute withdrawals you feel so much better than you did that you're like oh my god, I feel normal again! With comfort meds this isn't so much the case.

The best thing you can do after acute withdrawal is start working out every day. Seriously.

Just stop, if you get dopesick it's in your head. Don't overthink it

It's definitely not just in your head. But cold turkey stopping is the quickest way off for sure. But can cause endless relapses because of days upon days of hell. You ever been addicted to opiates real bad?

Damn man, I'm sorry. I'm not sure what to tell toy because I have been struggling too. I made it 5 years without cravings but then my dad got really sick and it became so hard, and I relapsed once and then the brain bug started up again and before I knew it I was deep into daily dosing again. Quit a few times since and currently quitting again. Second day about to end with no opiates. I did a suboxone taper and now have lyrica and then gabapentin and then off. I cannot go through cold turkey again, I have a high functioning job and am in an active band on the side. All I can do in withdrawal is curl up by myself and take showers and watch TV.

I don't want to make you feel like it can't be done though. It can. Lots of people have done it.

The best you can do is keep pushing. try to get off again like you did before, and try some therapy, there is probably some reason underlying why you keep wanting to go back. I know there is for me.
This is day 2 off opiates and I am gonna keep pushing. Something happens when I get a few months clean, where I start forgetting how bad it is to be hooked and how good it is to be clean.

The other thing is that I literally have never been able to take opiates just once and go back to being clean. I have years of trying and it never happens. But somehow I tell myself it will be different this time. Crazy.

I hadn't slept well the night before my relapse and that's a trigger for me. Well, I turned one night of bad sleep into a week of it. Really smart.

Non-opioid comfort meds don't set you back, but if you use them too long you can get addicted to them. If you use them for a week or so and stop, you can bypass withdrawal and only have to deal with the residual stuff. I mean when you stop you'll feel worse than when you were on them, but that's because it takes a while to feel normal, even if you cold turkeyed, but if you cold turkey, by the time you get past the acute withdrawals you feel so much better than you did that you're like oh my god, I feel normal again! With comfort meds this isn't so much the case.

The best thing you can do after acute withdrawal is start working out every day. Seriously.

It's definitely not just in your head. But cold turkey stopping is the quickest way off for sure. But can cause endless relapses because of days upon days of hell. You ever been addicted to opiates real bad?
yes for 11 years and recently back at it. a week of kratom, which is very very weak and don't even help my dopesickness so i highly doubt a week would give you withdraws . And i've w/d from pills, heroin methadone and fent

yes for 11 years and recently back at it. a week of kratom, which is very very weak and don't even help my dopesickness so i highly doubt a week would give you withdraws . And i've w/d from pills, heroin methadone and fent
If you have a serious dope habit going for a few months than maybe Kratom won't take away any withdrawals. But if you've been clean for 6 months, then you'll feel something for sure after a week of decent Bali(most opiate-like)Kratom. The other thing I've noticed is that over the years, w/d comes on much faster. For instance, my first ever cold-turkey was from heroin and it only lasted 3 days and I had been using for about 7 months pretty much daily. Now, it seems after one day of using I'll feel some sickness for a couple days afterwards.

If you have a serious dope habit going for a few months than maybe Kratom won't take away any withdrawals. But if you've been clean for 6 months, then you'll feel something for sure after a week of decent Bali(most opiate-like)Kratom. The other thing I've noticed is that over the years, w/d comes on much faster. For instance, my first ever cold-turkey was from heroin and it only lasted 3 days and I had been using for about 7 months pretty much daily. Now, it seems after one day of using I'll feel some sickness for a couple days afterwards.
2 months was my longest with nothing so my tolerance is too high to feel kratom . That's probably why i don't see it as a strong opioid

i remember when i first started using kratom at 17, i hadn't used any other opiates before, and it made me nod for hours every day for over a month.
Also, im addicted to about 50-60 grams a day, and i've had to switch to subutex for the last week because im low on kratom, and its taken about 0.5-1 mg a day to still be slightly in withdrawal, also the subutex isn't getting rid of some of the withdrawal symptoms, im assuming because kratom affects more than just opiate receptors.

This is day 2 off opiates and I am gonna keep pushing. Something happens when I get a few months clean, where I start forgetting how bad it is to be hooked and how good it is to be clean.

The other thing is that I literally have never been able to take opiates just once and go back to being clean. I have years of trying and it never happens. But somehow I tell myself it will be different this time. Crazy.

I hadn't slept well the night before my relapse and that's a trigger for me. Well, I turned one night of bad sleep into a week of it. Really smart.

I'm the same way, and I know many people are too. Every time I have ever used "just once", it goes pretty quickly back to daily use. My relapse after my 5 years clean was slow... used once, then again a month later, then again a week later, then weekly, then twice a week, then before I knew it, daily/all the time. I knew it was coming and I still did it. I've quit and come off fully quite a few times now. I have known for years that one time will do that, but something will get in my head and I'll manage to convince myself I can get away with it. It's insanity.

I'm the same way, and I know many people are too. Every time I have ever used "just once", it goes pretty quickly back to daily use. My relapse after my 5 years clean was slow... used once, then again a month later, then again a week later, then weekly, then twice a week, then before I knew it, daily/all the time. I knew it was coming and I still did it. I've quit and come off fully quite a few times now. I have known for years that one time will do that, but something will get in my head and I'll manage to convince myself I can get away with it. It's insanity.
It's so deceptive. I get away with using for a day and then taking something like Xanax or Gabapentin the next day to prevent me from feeling like I need more, then stop for a few weeks and think maybe I can control this beast. I even created a thread on here a couple years ago, where I say I think I've been able to control my using. Not long after things turned really bad and I hit a new bottom.

Well today is 4 (again) and I feel a lot better. So here I go again. Hopefully this will be the time. You keep on pushing as well. I'm pulling for you too. We need to beat this thing.

Last edited:
It's so deceptive. I get away with using for a day and then taking something like Xanax or Gabapentin the next day to prevent me from feeling like I need more, then stop for a few weeks and think maybe I can control this beast. I even created a thread on here a couple years ago, where I say I think I've been able to control my using. Not long after things turned really bad and I hit a new bottom.

Well today is 4 (again) and I feel a lot better. So here I go again. Hopefully this will be the time.

I don't know anyone who can control opioids. I don't have experience with kratom w/d but all dopesickness is awful. You are over the worst now and congratulations , quitting anything isn't easy.