• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom Jumping Off From One Week Kratom Use

Lovecraft

Bluelighter
So long story short, I was told about a smoke shop in my area that actually sells good Kratom. So I decided to give them a shot, not really believing it. I purchased a little more then an ounce of their Bali and it was "decent". I had to take more than I would from my online vendor but eventually my eyes were pinned.

I used it the most heavily on that last Sunday and following Monday, then the next few days after that, used less but enough to feel it. Then Thursday and Friday cut way back and yesterday took the last, maybe 2 grams of it. Had a rough afternoon and evening withdrawal-wise, of course nothing too crazy (but I'm a wimp). Took a couple Xanax last night and got through it. But woke up today feeling crappy.

Should I go back to the smoke shop, get a little more (maybe 5 or 6 grams) and ease the transition a bit more or just see the crappiness through and hope I wake up tomorrow feeling better? Worried cuz I gotta go to work and stuff.

You know, it's the mental/emotional part of it that's the worst for me. I'm already prone to depression so it doesn't take much of a withdrawal experience to get to a really bad place.
If it’s that unbearable you could attempt more of a taper with the kratom although if kratom is your drug of choice it will be very hard to manage. You could try switching up and use poppy seed/pod tea it will definitely help with the wd just try to not use it for more then 2-3 days as dependence to that will form quickly

If it’s that unbearable you could attempt more of a taper with the kratom although if kratom is your drug of choice it will be very hard to manage. You could try switching up and use poppy seed/pod tea it will definitely help with the wd just try to not use it for more then 2-3 days as dependence to that will form quickly
By the time I get the poppy seeds I'll be done with it. Kratom isn't my drug of choice... opioids of any kind are. If anything, I'd opt for buying only enough Kratom for a couple more doses. Just not sure how bad I'm going to feel tomorrow morning if I just stick this out as opposed to giving myself another couple micro-doses. Nothing worse then waking up early on a Monday in any kind of withdrawal.

Well, I caved and got some more. They have these 7 gram packets. I took 3 grams and will take two tomorrow and then the last two when I think it's time and I'm sure I'll be good. This isn't my first go-around and a week of partying with most opioids isn't really hard to parachute down from, provided of course, you stick to the regimen.

On a side note, I have to say how surprised I am at the quality of the Kratom from this smoke shop. I didn't think finding decent Kratom from a smoke shop was even possible. And lo and behold, there's one less than a mile from me.

If it's only been a week and you don't have previous kratom or opioid dependence issues, you'll be fine, or at worst just a bit of anxiety and trouble sleeping. It will never be easier to stop than it will be right now.
fuck that bro, he needs to step his game up and iv some heroin already!

edit:I'm joking lol

Last edited:
If it's only been a week and you don't have previous kratom or opioid dependence issues, you'll be fine, or at worst just a bit of anxiety and trouble sleeping. It will never be easier to stop than it will be right now.
Oh i do have previous Kratom/opioid dependence issues.

Last edited:
You know, it's the mental/emotional part of it that's the worst for me. I'm already prone to depression so it doesn't take much of a withdrawal experience to get to a really bad place

Totally know what you're going through, I'm in that place now because coming off benzos, I can take the other withdrawlls and believe me I've been off and on alsorts, but insomnia, anxiety and depression makes me relapse

Good luck trying to stay off it knowing that shops just up the road, any sign of anxiety or depression and off you'll be to the shop

This is my dilemma. I just finished a short course of suboxone and now it's on to the Lyrica and gabapentin. Just coming up on the first Lyrica dose, that stuff utterly demolishes withdrawal and makes me feel great. Got a handful of days of that, then gabapentin to ease down. I have been dependent on gabapentinoids before so kinda nervous about that but it won't be for long. The big struggle will be staying away when kratom is everywhere, half the gas stations, head shops all over town. And more gas stations every day it seems like.

^This is what fucked me over too. Don't get me wrong I absolutely think kratom should be legal, but when I found out my local smoke shop carried pretty cheap kratom my addiction accelerated greatly.