• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom Jumping Off From One Week Kratom Use

i remember when i first started using kratom at 17, i hadn't used any other opiates before, and it made me nod for hours every day for over a month.
Also, im addicted to about 50-60 grams a day, and i've had to switch to subutex for the last week because im low on kratom, and its taken about 0.5-1 mg a day to still be slightly in withdrawal, also the subutex isn't getting rid of some of the withdrawal symptoms, im assuming because kratom affects more than just opiate receptors.
I hope you feel better soon

i remember when i first started using kratom at 17, i hadn't used any other opiates before, and it made me nod for hours every day for over a month.
Also, im addicted to about 50-60 grams a day, and i've had to switch to subutex for the last week because im low on kratom, and its taken about 0.5-1 mg a day to still be slightly in withdrawal, also the subutex isn't getting rid of some of the withdrawal symptoms, im assuming because kratom affects more than just opiate receptors.
Kratom is sort of a weird substance in that it has some unique w/d characteristics that traditional opioids don't have. It's also batch dependent, from my experience. I think, though, a higher dose of sub would eradicate all w/d. But of course, there's drawbacks to raising your dose of that.

My own experience with Kratom powder. Took a max of 10/ 12 grams a day was that a reasonable taper makes it very bearable. If you can get Pregabalin that helps a lot to.

Kratom is the only opoid i have experience with so hard to compare with other's. But Buprenorphine seem's like a more hardcore opoid to me. Like killing a Mosquito with a Canon.

Good luck, its not undo able even when maintaining a functional life ime.

Well today is day 6 and the majority of the physical stuff is gone. I still feel shitty mentally though. I'm realizing that before the Kratom there was a few days of oxycodone use along with gobbling Xanax for a few days and gabapentin. So I've been kinda going back and forth into and out of withdrawal for about a month.
Friday evening I went to a Lifering meeting. Last evening, even though my sleep was still screwed up, I decided to work out and felt a lot better. Than took some unisom and l-theanine and slept pretty good. Never took doxycycline before. It's always been diphenhydramine. I had some weird dreams. Don't know if it's connected. First night, though, without the sweats.

Now I'm back to my normal shitty life. I Know exactly why I use and want to escape. I'll be okay for about 3 months, no problem. But around 5-6 months I need to remember that my worst day off opiates is better than my best day on them.

How about you @Xorkoth

Your choice. I like to believe in the goodness of the user, but the simple fact is that by going to that smokeshop, you're more likely to just continue using Kratom compulsively as opposed to quitting. If you want to tought it out, tough it out. You will be good in just a couple of days. Utilize your comfort meds. Stay strong, we all have your back 100%

Kratom withdrawal is hell the worst part is the mental and emotional side effects such as depression

I took Kratom all day everyday for a year and only ate 1 sandwich a day. I would crap like once a week. Every time I crapped the toilet would be clogged.

Well today is day 6 and the majority of the physical stuff is gone. I still feel shitty mentally though. I'm realizing that before the Kratom there was a few days of oxycodone use along with gobbling Xanax for a few days and gabapentin. So I've been kinda going back and forth into and out of withdrawal for about a month.
Friday evening I went to a Lifering meeting. Last evening, even though my sleep was still screwed up, I decided to work out and felt a lot better. Than took some unisom and l-theanine and slept pretty good. Never took doxycycline before. It's always been diphenhydramine. I had some weird dreams. Don't know if it's connected. First night, though, without the sweats.

Now I'm back to my normal shitty life. I Know exactly why I use and want to escape. I'll be okay for about 3 months, no problem. But around 5-6 months I need to remember that my worst day off opiates is better than my best day on them.

How about you @Xorkoth

Not so good I'm afraid. Had a setback. I'm going to quickly taper to a very low dose and then jump off from there... that's the new plan. :rolleyes:

I won't try to use subs to come off again. It just drags it out longer and makes the withdrawal linger much longer. I knew that from last time... I just really like subs I guess is what it boils down to. Was an excuse to take them for a short bit.

Good job man. ♥️

Kratom withdrawal is hell the worst part is the mental and emotional side effects such as depression

I took Kratom all day everyday for a year and only ate 1 sandwich a day. I would crap like once a week. Every time I crapped the toilet would be clogged.
You hit the nail. People really underestimate how bad Kratom is. I'm over the physical part pretty much, but this depression is crushing.

You hit the nail. People really underestimate how bad Kratom is. I'm over the physical part pretty much, but this depression is crushing.
Yeah, the depression was hell. I began to experience uncomfortable emotions that I never experienced before. I spent most of my withdrawals laying in bed and reading posts on /r/quittingkratom.

I ended up going on an antidepressant which I still take to this day. I have to exercise daily on top of my antidepressant medication to keep my depression at bay. If I take my medication but don’t force myself to exercise, I still feel like crap.

I’m pretty sure Kratom affects not just the opiod receptors in the brain but others such as serotonin.

The interesting thing about withdrawal, that I have found in my wasted years is this, it's so totally relative. I've met people jumping off of codeine linctus habits in the UK who feel like hell has frozen over and I've played games of war (poker is far too cerebral) with fellow junkies withdrawing from multiple grams of Heroin per day. I hate to make such a cop out statement about withdrawal but it truly is a test regardless of the dosage, time et cetera.

Life is like that. I've sat in detention at high school thinking another fifteen minutes before I could get out to the joint in my car was an eternity. I've spent 27 days in one of the most spartan jails on the east coast withdrawing from dope. Can I truly discern the two? This is going to hurt the power of my autobiography, but I can't truly say I can.