• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

JaNEWary -- January getting/staying sober thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
25 days down! Never sick congrats on 2 years you loving soul!
<3=D

Actually that was a hooray for Serotonin101=D Im at about 1.5 years%)

Very nice work on 25 TTGB you are going to have to change your name to getting better<3

Fires you're doing amazing lady keep it up8o

MDPV and razor more unbelievable stuff=D

g7fa.jpg

Big hugs caseface. I find big transitions like that hard when staying sober. You are a true inspiration.

I think I'm miscarrying. I was a mess last night barely keeping myself from using just to feel better. I'm fine if this doesn't work out because it was not planned, but the hormones are making me crazy, and I know using would numb me for awhile. I have conveniently gotten rid of all my resources though ;) like it's been said. I'm going to have to feel my feelings.

day 15 for alcohol and opiates and i made it 10 days without weed to but ive been smoking here and there these past few days but i gotta stop again soon anyways. At least its not all day everyday.

I've been yo-yoing between using and not using opiates, but right now I am NOT using opiates so I'm feeling proud of myself.

I am proud of you too <3

I am proud of myself - 27 days clean today.

I just wish I had better coping skills for my mental problems.

The scars don't bother me. Flashbacks do.

not feeling too well hard to stop when you have a mother who offers you a "couple" to feel better =( i hate my perfect life

That's so amazing JAG, and i even made it on even though I've been lagging around here lately haha Awesome!

237 Days.

I want to take a second and appreciate Bluelight. This place has saved my life multiple times in and out of active addiction, and I am so fucking grateful to have found this amazing little corner of the internet. Miracles happen here.

I remember so clearly like it was yesterday, being that naive kid posting in other drugs at 16 years old about starting to use heroin and and how many fuckin' people tried so hard in response to talk me out of it and to quit while i was ahead etc. I was young, stupid and naive and thought i could get away without becoming a junkie like so many others have thought and failed to see the insanity of. Now 6 years later I've come a long way through using and more recently getting clean and I just know that despite my not taking posters advice initially, The advice that was given to me later on throughout my using saved my life. Litterally. All the information i have gotten about "safely" using/injecting, what NOT to mix, etc. Followed by all the support I have received since getting clean, it's just so incredible the love, strength, and courage that exists here despite being anonymous through a computer screen. I'm just really feeling grateful for this today.

So thanks guys, all of you, for being members of the most amazing community on the internet. This website wouldn't be what it is without you guys.

^^ Love - sometimes it's fucked, Sometimes it's beautiful. sometimes its heaven and sometimes it's hell. Sometimes it's euphoric bliss and other times it's torturous soul shattering pain.

But we wouldn't be human without it, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Ugh I have 120 days today and I'm craving heroin really bad . This sucks. I think it might be a good idea to get back on vivtrol

^^

120 days, nicee man. Way to go laC. You just gatta battle through those cravings.. find something positive to do to get it off your mind. If you really think vivitrol will help you or is what you need, go for it. How long were you on it before?

Ugh I have 120 days today and I'm craving heroin really bad . This sucks. I think it might be a good idea to get back on vivtrol

I've read it is quite common (as well as my personal experience) to have more intense cravings at the 30:60:90:120:etc day marks for whatever reason. Are you in a position to easily get dope? If so it may be a good idea to be proactive and get back on the shot.

Today is 13 days no benzos and 9 days no opiates for me. I have scaled back my marijuana usage exponentially but I really want to cut it out altogether. I've been pretty much permafried since the 90s. While I'm proud of myself for getting a bit of clean time of the pills it has been a very long time since I could honestly call myself sober and pass a piss test. One step at a time I guess.

Just want to say excellent work to everyone who has been diligent, and even to those who slipped up a couple of times, although I don't claim any praise for my sad attempt to rediscover the memory of a feeling... Ultimately, I have to be appreciative of having the original experience and stride boldy ahead. At this point in my "recovery" my weaknesses to addiction are no longer an inability to moderate, but the fear of recapturing that feeling, and only going halfway.

Safe, but fruitless. I still think these are steps forward.

Perfection doesn't exist JAG, just progress. Which means right now you're doing great.

238 Days. But man am I going through it right now. :\

If you guys have seen my thread in TDS you'll know that I'm struggling right now. Just wanted to let those of you here in SL know that while I may be having an extremely difficult time, not just with recovery but life in general, I am still managing to hold it together. I'm not super worried about relapsing, but at the same time I've been having thoughts about things like going back to San Francisco and living in the park with all my old homeless friends and not giving a fuck anymore about life. I haven't had thoughts like this since getting sober and I have a lot of fear around it. If you guys wanna know whats going on with me I have a huge post in TDS that i mentioned, but the gist of it is that I have no friends or family within three thousand miles of where i live and for my girlfriend is more of a friend girl, and will likely be a full blown ex in the near future. I'm heartbroken and alone, but doing what I can to survive and keep moving forward.

Just wanted to let you guys here in SL know whats going on. I know I can get through this, especially if I can make it two weeks until school starts when I'll be able to dive head first into my education and have something positive to work towards besides just my recovery. Anyway, Thank you - All of you who have been here and continued to support each other while we all try and make life better for ourselves. We are all such brave, strong and courageous human beings and I love each and every one of you.

Last edited:
Case I almost cried there we love you too <3 and I want to say you are doing an amazing job with your recovery and you are quite strong tbh. I hope everything goes well. Good luck hun <3

Status
Not open for further replies.