• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

JaNEWary -- January getting/staying sober thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aw so many people are having babies! I love it =D

Congrats on your sober time D's. It's great you want to give your baby what you never had -- with that attitude you'll be a great father.

Lots of recovery going on in this thread! Keep it up guys!

235 Day's.

What's up, ppl. I can finally make a post in here saying I'm sober. Tryin to make 2014 a good clean, non-entirley fucked up year.

Raise the roooff. %)

This is great news.. the very best Mr.S=D

^^Welcome to the winning team man!!! Keep it up! :)

I think of this different.. I like to look at it as we are all on the same side.

Lots of recovery going on in this thread! Keep it up guys!

235 Day's.

Congratulations to you Mr. Case and to me on slipping through the holidays free of active addiction and for all the amazing things we have accomplished=D.

2 1/2 weeks sober from drugs(yes including weed). I actually landed a fucking sick job climbing cell phone towers upgrading the current transmitters the older towers have(all over the south) also change bulbs and maintain the sites. The company drugtest randomly once every 30 days. And no fucking way I'm going to piss away a $85,000 a year salary (with weekends off,paid vacations,company 4x4 truck Klein tools, and medical benefits).

So with a kid on the way, gotta do what's best for my kid(she's 60 days pregnant with baby). I want to give the kid shit I never had when growing up.

This guy is playing ball and not letting anyone step on my sneakers. =D

Thats gotta make you smile.. hint hint.. I know of a really easy way to get down=D

Keep it up everyone else<3

NSA -
I think of this different.. I like to look at it as we are all on the same side./QUOTE]

You're totally right, I hadn't thought of it like that when i made that post.

Another 24 down. Heading back to California tomorrow morning, after spending ten days in Jersey visiting family and friends. I have a LOT of mixed feelings and shit to process right now. So many different thoughts and feelings hitting me all at once and it's really overwhelming. :/

^Whew, long plane ride there. I just came from PA/NJ back to FL from visiting family, driving. <3 Safe travels.

Ehh it's not an overly terrible flight. I've flown non-stop to Switzerland before. :p

Plus I've been up all night thinking about shit - so I'll most likely board the plane, fall asleep, and wake up in California haha. :)

Ehh it's not an overly terrible flight. I've flown non-stop to Switzerland before. :p

Plus I've been up all night thinking about shit - so I'll most likely board the plane, fall asleep, and wake up in California haha. :)

Flying into different time zones has always confused me :sus:

-----

Still going strong off opiates, but semi struggling with benzos again. I haven't been able to sleep because of some stress going on in my life, so I've been using the benzos more ugh. If I didn't hear so many stories about people blacking out and doing odd stuff on zolpidem I'd try and get a script for that. I just feel it would make things way worse for me.

On the 5th ill have 2 years clean from drugs and alcohol. Been awhile since I dropped by so I wanted to say hello and wish everyone the best.

supravietuind-apocalipsei.jpg

two-year.jpg

WOW101!!!!!!!
NSFW:

24 more everyone:)
good-night-sun-set-wallpapers-images-pics-fb-facebook.jpg

Day 136 for me :) Still adjusting to being back home so I haven't had much time to respond to everyones successes over the new years.

Congrats to everyone for making it here well and good <3. Love you all!

On the 5th ill have 2 years clean from drugs and alcohol. Been awhile since I dropped by so I wanted to say hello and wish everyone the best.

Congrats! And thanks.

Day 136 for me :) Still adjusting to being back home so I haven't had much time to respond to everyones successes over the new years.

Congrats to everyone for making it here well and good <3. Love you all!

Hi, sd.h! Been wondering what you've been up to. Glad to see you.

Thanks JAG <3 How have you been love?

Also goodmorning all :) Beaitiful start to day 137 for me :)

11 days no benzos 7 days no opiates or alcohol. I'm not feeling that great but I haven't really been craving and I find it much easier to deal with the physical side of things than the intense cravings I'm not really dealing with right now. I think I'm probably over the worst of it but I know this whole month is gonna be tough. I think it is helping me that I literally burned every bridge to get more money I have so if I buy any drugs I can't make rent and losing my place to stay is not an option.

Congratulations is in order for everyone participating in this amazing thread filled with tons of love, strength, courage, and recovery.

236 Days sober. I still amaze myself every fucking day that I wake up and don't feel like death. Especially today, of all days - because Today i have to deal with some terrible pain, heart broken sort of pain, for the first time since getting sober. I almost feel like a terrible person because of this, but last night/this morning (long story) my girlfriend and I broke up, and the pain i feel is worse then when my friend and roommate from rehab relapsed and died a few months ago. I feel empty, and lost.

But one thing I will not allow myself to do is try (and fail) to hide these feelings with drugs/alcohol. I need to do something I haven't been able to do in so long, and actually let myself feel my feelings. Only through the pain will I be able to grow as a person, and become stronger. Let this be an example to all those struggling right now, that terrible things WILL happen in recovery, however nobody has to relapse over it.

Keep up the amazing work guys and girls, you all continue to inspire me to do what I'm capable of, when I have trouble finding inspiration on my own.

I'm sick of feeling that I need drugs to pass the time in times of boredom. All this is doing is making my usual mood elevated due to the use of drugs, and I don't want to live like this any more. I have to accept that being bored is okay, even welcomed, and that the more I take mind-altering substances as a recreational activity, the more shitty I'm going to feel at all other times of the day.

I already fucked up at making this a drug free year, but goddamn it I'm going to do what I can to minimize the drug intake for the rest of it.

Jan 4th 2013 went to detox Jan 17th last day of meds, Jan 18th is my sober date, looking forward to getting my 1 year key tag at my NA meeting home group. Still ups and downs as always just trying to stay focused on shit that makes me happy meetings, step work, family, friends, girlfriend, etc. Anyone out there struggling shit gets better trust me I was a straight up dope fiend junky no questions asked. My rehab told me to leave and that there was no point in me being there and I'm clean almost a full year later. So just stick to it no matter don't pick up and it gets better!!!

Congrats everyone!

Day 10 here. Wow. The first 5 days I was literally taking it one second at a time. Today is the first day I woke up without a killer, non-relenting headache. I still feel heavy in the limbs and have my bouts of depression, anxiety and feelings of hopelessness. I just talk myself out of it and into a more positive place. Before drugs I was the most positive person ever and never had anxiety so I am trying to bring that part back.

3 more days until I start outpatient. I'm actually excited. I still have the voice in the back of my head telling me to score and use again. I will always have it but I like when it is a faint whisper and doesn't 100% take all of my thoughts over.

Much love everyone <3

Oh and I love waking up in the morning not needing a substance. I still wake up like "oh what the fuck, how will I get out of bed today" usually but then I remind myself..no matter how shitty I am feeling..how much worse would I be feeling if I was still using and for some reason couldn't get any drugs today? A lot worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.