• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

JaNEWary -- January getting/staying sober thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr Scag & W01fg4ng, thank you very much for your words of wisdom.

The way you put it as a relationship is definitely how I can put my finger on it now, I feel that my days go by much quicker (ironically) but I have been keeping very busy.

My moods are a lot more stable which is the #1 reason why I've continued with the sobriety. No high from weed can really counter the depressing days it often put me through.

^^

Yeah retail jobs are notoriously shitty payers. Even at a moderately busy restaurant, you'll make more.

Yeah you are def right.. I will try to send out resumes to some of the restaurants near my area and see where it goes.. I find bartending interesting as I like to interact with peeps but I think you still need to take some schooling for it right?

^^ Yeah you can become certified as a bartender through classes.

Another 24 down. 262 days.

I actually had a really good day, at least my evening/night was really good. Awesome meeting followed by a sober party - got my ass out and socialized with people, I didn't hug the wall the whole time I actually had conversations with people and hung out, shit I even threw down and danced for a bit. I'm definitely starting to break out of my shell. Starting to, anyway, and excited to see where i take myself.

Yeah you are def right.. I will try to send out resumes to some of the restaurants near my area and see where it goes.. I find bartending interesting as I like to interact with peeps but I think you still need to take some schooling for it right?

There are bartender certification courses, but you don't need them to get a job. They can certainly help, but it isn't a requirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.