• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids It's official, I like Gabapentin WAY more than benzos

Is there anything to potentiate pregabalin/gabapentin? Something like a herb or OTC medicine? I know that benzos are greatly potentiated but that's neither what I search for nor do I currently have benzos.

I'm on 600mg pregab now, after weeks of abstinence. Mild effects, think about adding another 600mg but a bit afraid because 1.8-2g gave me seizures.. Drinking some kava, which usually gives only very mild effects in normal dosages but maybe it potentiates. Afaik it's partially GABAergic and partially hitting CB1 cannabinoid receptor..

Is there anything to potentiate pregabalin/gabapentin? Something like a herb or OTC medicine? I know that benzos are greatly potentiated but that's neither what I search for nor do I currently have benzos.

I'm on 600mg pregab now, after weeks of abstinence. Mild effects, think about adding another 600mg but a bit afraid because 1.8-2g gave me seizures.. Drinking some kava, which usually gives only very mild effects in normal dosages but maybe it potentiates. Afaik it's partially GABAergic and partially hitting CB1 cannabinoid receptor..
How about cerveza

Baclofen should be OTC where you are. I felt that it boosted pregabalin/gabapentin to a noticeable extent, at a dose of 15-25mg. And yes, alcohol is good too, in moderation.

When it comes to gabapentin or pregabalin dosing I have seen everything said from it only worked the first time to I’ve been taking it every day for months and it works every day. So somewhere in between there is the truth. I’ve never taken it two days in a row and at most twice a week. It always works pretty strong. Pregabalin works with just 100 mg. But I swear I sleep better on gabapentin and I’m more relaxed. Just one of those things are different substances hit different people differently.

I also find gabapentin more relaxing than pregabalin, pregabalin can make it hard to sleep, although laying there with the wild closed-eye visuals is cool, I quickly start to experience strange almost visionary states. Keep in mind I like to take 450-600mg of pregabalin. It becomes very strong and intoxicating at that dose, but such a fun time. Gabapentin, on the other hand, is a much subtler thing, very functional, guarantees a good day but doesn't make me loopy. I can also sleep on it a lot easier.

As a recreational drug, I prefer pregabalin, but as a day enhancer, gabapentin is better. Also gabapentin seems to not as easily form dependence as pregabalin.

I agree Xorkoth. Pregabalin Is more recreational because it is stronger and it hits quicker. I will say I am not sure I can tell the difference between 2100 mg of gabapentin and 300 mg of pregabalin. There is a point where they’re so similar. However I can tell the difference when I lay down for sleep. With gabapentin I sleep deep and feel well rested when I wake up. With pregabalin I am a little more restless and wake up more during the night. But it is for sure more intoxicating than gabapentin.

I have no problem sticking with low-dose gabapentin. I’m all about keeping the tolerance down. I think the one time I took 500 mg of pregabalin I got scared with a few heads zaps. I have never had a seizure in my life so I could be completely wrong but the zapped in my head felt ominous. So I have to stick with low-dose pregabalin. I don’t get that with gabapentin. I did get that zap when I took phenibut and gabapentin together. It scared me I took a half a milligram of etizolam.

Having gabapentin, phenibut, and pregabalin handy I seem to be reaching for the once a week gabapentin. I make sure I sleep a good nine hours that night too and I wake up feeling very rested.

Ever since I had that experience I have read on BL that some people have actually had seizures from pregabalin so maybe my fear was valid.

Last edited:
You're right about high doses of pregabalin and "zaps". On 600mg I have nearly fallen over while walking. Reminds me of high doses of GHB, I had 2 different periods of GHB binging/addiction, and a few times I sort of just lost control of my body for a second, dropped my dishes, they shattered, and almost fell. It felt similar with pregabalin except not quite as intense. Still not fun, though... definitely concerning. I have never had that from gabapentin at all.

I used to default to phenibut, but these days phenibut doesn't quite do it anymore, it's weird, it was great whenever I used it for 12 years, then it stopped being great... now I prefer gabapentin. I would use pregabalin more often, if I had access to it. But I do love me some gabapentin.