• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids It's official, I like Gabapentin WAY more than benzos

No I understand, thanks for your concerns. I'm also on kratom right now, 5-6g a day. I get extreme fatigue when I miss a dose, like, insane, body feels twice it's normal weight.

You havnt tried temazepam or etizolam have you? Especially temazepam ....that's like benzo plus a hint of ketamine dreamyness is what it feels like.

I could understand if you said pregabalin (lyrica)....but gabaoentin? Nope.

I recently 'stumbled' upon a few hundred 300mg gabapentin. I must admit its pretty good at alleviating alcohol withdrawals and/or hangovers.

However, I'm very conscious of its addictive potential so I've been limiting my use to 300mg a day or every other day.

Unfortunately I relapsed on the booze and am now drinking on top of the gabapentin.

Slippery slope?
Fubs is it hard to get those in "Britannia" , cause here in Peru u can get them over the counter, same with lyrica. Although, FKIMG PFIZER, GREEDY CUNTS. 300mg lyricas are worth 3$ ea and that's 1% of a min wage here 🤦🏾‍♂️altho there's a national brand WHICH is the same literally and they cost 4 times less so Pfizer can go efff themselves lalalalaa.

From my years of Gabapentin experience, here are a few things I've learned..
1. Complete tolerance to the "buzz/"high" develops within 2-3 days tops.
2. I never experienced withdrawals when my usage was generally 2-3 grams every 2-3 days. "Buzz" was consistent.
3. I did experience withdrawals when my usage was about 1.2-2.4 grams per day.
4. Withdrawals were odd. Had begun to feel "off", stressed, sleep issues, irritable. Took me a few days to realize it was due to Gabapentin.

I suggest sticking to dosing once every 2-3 days at the most to avoid dependance. Daily use will lead to moderate/severe withdrawals and also a complete loss of any positive effects.

Definitely has more depth and range of effect than BZD's. I very much prefer Gabapentin/Pregabalin to BZD's.

You havnt tried temazepam or etizolam have you? Especially temazepam ....that's like benzo plus a hint of ketamine dreamyness is what it feels like.

I could understand if you said pregabalin (lyrica)....but gabaoentin? Nope.
Yep I've tried temazepam, I actually didn't feel much if anything from it even up to 50mg. Just a little bit dizzy, interesting how body chemistry plays a role in this because a lot of people say this one is their favorite. It didn't even make me tired, 5mg of valium is like way more potent for me.

I love gabapentin, I like pregabalin more, but gabapentin is super nice, I am guaranteed to have a good day and be in a good mood on gabapentin. And unlike pregabalin it isn't really intoxicating at 900-1500mg, which is nice, although if I want to get intoxicated, pregabalin is far better. Gabapentin is one of my low-key favorites, it's also really good at masking opiate withdrawal (though again, pregabalin is better).

"""Gabapentin . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . really good at masking opiate withdrawal (though again, pregabalin is better)."""

I can't take either of these. They Are too strong I'm scared of them. So unfortunately I just have to live with the withdrawals and the ptsd, I mean PAWS. ♡ And the pain of withdraw. As if it all isn't painful enough. ♡ Thnx.

At first I thought I was really enjoying Diazepam. It makes me feel pretty nice and it pairs well with things like kratom (though potentially dangerous, I don't take high kratom doses). I do have limited experience with benzos and the only other one I've taken is Temazepam which I found very weak even at higher doses. Apparently some people love this one the most.

It has it's benefits and chills me out and helps my stomach in times of distress (biggest reason I've been taking it). But I've actually noticed my sleep quality is suffering from it. I go in and out of delirium and very strange dreams.

It's such a downer of a drug. Gabapentin on the other hand has a similar anti-anxiety effect but it comes with this feeling of like, alcohol without the crappy alcohol side effects. If you take a high enough amount, it can be very sedating. I guess that's why it's called the chameleon drug. I was really chilling off a nice dose of gabapentin the other week and as soon as I added valium, that high was diminished severely and I actually felt a rush of anxiety and fatigue come over me, a total crash.

The last couple nights have shown me some scary side effects of Diazepam. And genuinely at moments feeling like I can't move, sleep paralysis type sensations, and the dreams... God, the dreams. They're not exactly nightmares but they are so confusing and vivid. I'd fight to become conscious again and then just say to myself, what the literal fuck just happened? It's gotten stranger over time, but I'm sure that's because the half life is so long and I keep putting more in my body. I was thrown off guard last night because I took less, wasn't all nodding off like the previous night where I'd taken tagamet/more valium in general. When I first started taking it, I didn't have these odd side effects at all really. It would put me out like a light without waking up for hours, I cannot do that now.

I guess we're all wired toward specific substances. Naturally I would probably enjoy lyrica more but I'm sure the addictive potential is much greater since bioavailability is way higher, that would make it harder to come off as well. I can stop gabapentin any time without issue but likely only because I've been on a low dose for awhile. So I guess the new regimen will be like, 900mg or so, few days off, rinse and repeat.

Funny thing is I'm on a very low dose of ritalin and caffeine, like laughably low (3mg and 60mg caffeine) and I feel practically identical to a gabapentin high. I haven't taken ritalin in weeks and barely consume caffeine anymore though. I'm quite sensitive to stimulants in particular though I do gain tolerance quickly.

So long story short, valium has been a miracle for some of the stomach issues I've been suffering from the past few weeks. But as far as the effects for anxiety, I don't find it very enjoyable. I guess it's better suited for a panic attack where you are losing control and it would sedate the hell out of you. Then again, so would a high dose of benedryl. THC is the king for me and I think my sinuses are finally improving to a point where I can consume it again without agitating them. Tonight will be my first real try and I look forward to that familiar feeling again.
From all GABAs only have experience eith pregabaline.As for some comparsion 10mg valium gives me that kind of antianxiety like around 100mg lyrica.So in this manner benzos are stronger tham Gabas.,but lacking painkilling properties(especially neuropathic ones).Using both of them long enough time even in small doses fucked you up your Gaba system,which is awful.Never find Lyrica enjoyable.same with benzos.But it can be useful,sometimes a really needful.Theres addiction potential for both groups too.

I have been using gabapentin for years occasionally. I also have a bottle of pregabalin. I usually always reach for the gabapentin. Don’t get me wrong I love pregabalin but I can’t go over 300 mg because the side effects make me feel very strange in my head. Almost feels electrical. But it hits much harder and quicker than gabapentin. However I find gabapentin has a nicer deep down relaxing effect and I sleep better. So to me they’re not exactly the same. I also find phenibut different from both. My tolerance to these is still nice and low. 2100 mg of gabapentin is plenty for many hours of comfortability. And I assume it helps my nerve pain too. :)

I wish we knew more about gabapentinoids. The way they can feel stimulating, sedating, and trippy is very interesting. It’s definitely becoming a class of drug that certainly was discarded 30 to 40 years ago. I had a friend who got OxyContin as well as Neurontin and in the 90’s but we discarded the Neurontin as not worthy. And here we are many years later and it is becoming its own class with its own effects. I do remember asking my friend if he takes them and he did so maybe he did find some use for them. And this friend has long passed and this black light remembrance

Edit: I keep forgetting to say that gabapentin is way more euphoric than benzos for me. But I only view benzos as something to sleep on, or come down from something. Put it this way, you can take gabapentin and go out dancing if that is what you do. I just don’t see benzos the same way. They seem to dull everthing. And only when I want things dulled are the handy. But I for sure would not take a benzo and go to a concert, but I would with gabapentin.

Last edited:
Yeah I didn't really find benzos euphoric at all either. Gabapentin can be very stimulating, I've never combined with alcohol personally as I quit drinking before I was prescribed them. But I'm sure it'd be more enjoyable than benzos and booze. All I've ever heard from that combo is blackouts and I've witnessed a couple myself. Just people acting absolutely out of their heads obnoxious, always the same way

I have been using gabapentin for years occasionally. I also have a bottle of pregabalin. I usually always reach for the gabapentin. Don’t get me wrong I love pregabalin but I can’t go over 300 mg because the side effects make me feel very strange in my head. Almost feels electrical. But it hits much harder and quicker than gabapentin. However I find gabapentin has a nicer deep down relaxing effect and I sleep better. So to me they’re not exactly the same. I also find phenibut different from both. My tolerance to these is still nice and low. 2100 mg of gabapentin is plenty for many hours of comfortability. And I assume it helps my nerve pain too. :)

I wish we knew more about gabapentinoids. The way they can feel stimulating, sedating, and trippy is very interesting. It’s definitely becoming a class of drug that certainly was discarded 30 to 40 years ago. I had a friend who got OxyContin as well as Neurontin and in the 90’s but we discarded the Neurontin as not worthy. And here we are many years later and it is becoming its own class with its own effects. I do remember asking my friend if he takes them and he did so maybe he did find some use for them. And this friend has long passed and this black light remembrance

Edit: I keep forgetting to say that gabapentin is way more euphoric than benzos for me. But I only view benzos as something to sleep on, or come down from something. Put it this way, you can take gabapentin and go out dancing if that is what you do. I just don’t see benzos the same way. They seem to dull everthing. And only when I want things dulled are the handy. But I for sure would not take a benzo and go to a concert, but I would with gabapentin.

Yeah pregabalin can cause some weird twitchiness. On 600mg once I fell down suddenly because my legs "glitched". And then I laughed my ass off. Pregabain can be extremely intoxicating. I find it more euphoric than gabapentin, but also more stimulating and it can get pretty intense. Gabapentin feels a lot more "at home" in my body and mind.

I find both of them very recreational.

i tried to take alot , to see what people were sharing about a buzz, but im a lil leary of popping 2400 mgs, seem to help with nerve pain and this was before i knew what it was, just doc gave it for sleep, doesnt do much for me, prolly toss this one too, its still a bit hard to wrap my head around future sobriety, but looks like its the road for me,def a junkie if i suddenly felt sad for a time with no drugs, took me a while( few yrs) to get here so i bet some solid time before im ecstatic about not being a pill popper, but i know its best, went my whole life not caring about having a stock pile of pills, whatever, would one think 2400 mgs be far too much for me? Though seems like i got a pretty damn good resistance to most drugs taken as directed

i tried to take alot , to see what people were sharing about a buzz, but im a lil leary of popping 2400 mgs, seem to help with nerve pain and this was before i knew what it was, just doc gave it for sleep, doesnt do much for me, prolly toss this one too, its still a bit hard to wrap my head around future sobriety, but looks like its the road for me,def a junkie if i suddenly felt sad for a time with no drugs, took me a while( few yrs) to get here so i bet some solid time before im ecstatic about not being a pill popper, but i know its best, went my whole life not caring about having a stock pile of pills, whatever, would one think 2400 mgs be far too much for me? Though seems like i got a pretty damn good resistance to most drugs taken as directed
2400mg shouldn't be too much, it's a pretty weak medication compared to Pregabalin

2400mg will FUCK YOU UP if you have no tolerance. I was stumbling on 900mg my first time. But be sure to stagger 300mg every 30-45 min so you don't waste any and can maximize effects

2400mg will FUCK YOU UP if you have no tolerance. I was stumbling on 900mg my first time. But be sure to stagger 300mg every 30-45 min so you don't waste any and can maximize effects

People seem to have different natural tolerance to gabapentin. I have talked to people on here who take 100mg, and said 300mg fucked them up royally. And I have talked to people to where 1200mg isn't even noticeable (and I don't mean because of tolerance). Personally I seem slightly more sensitive to it than average, to where if I haven't taken it in a while, 600mg will provide a subtle but very real high, and 900-1200mg will start to be strong. If I've taken it within like a week, I start to need more like 1500mg.

But yeah I would NOT start with 2400mg your first time. If you stagger it properly and eat it with a small fatty meal in your stomach, you will not need that much, at all.

If you take 2400mg all at once, you will only be absorbing around 30% of that dose (I think 30% is the approximate figure, I may be slightly off on that), the rest will pass through your gut without absorbing and be useless. So if someone is taking that much at once, I can see how they might suggest that dose to someone as a place to start.

Fubs is it hard to get those in "Britannia" , cause here in Peru u can get them over the counter, same with lyrica. Although, FKIMG PFIZER, GREEDY CUNTS. 300mg lyricas are worth 3$ ea and that's 1% of a min wage here 🤦🏾‍♂️altho there's a national brand WHICH is the same literally and they cost 4 times less so Pfizer can go efff themselves lalalalaa.

I've no idea how easy it is to get them legitimately....

I am certainly concerned that the dependence liability of gabapentin was played down when it was introduced. Animal models often do not accurately mimic human models. There may be a genetic predisposition for dependence, especially since it's a homologue of an endogenous compound.

The medicinal chemistry unit on sedative/hypnotics opens with the statement 'there is no such thing as a sedative/hypnotic that will NOT produce tolerance & dependence'.

It certainly does produce dependence, though I have spoken with people on here who claim to have taken it daily for long periods of time with no difficulty coming off.

I've no idea how easy it is to get them legitimately....

In the USA it's incredibly easy to get them legitimately, pretty much any doctor will give you a prescription for them at will it seems like. They pass out Neurontin like candy at many rehabs etc. Not sure what it's like in the UK though

To the extent that it's recreational, yes it is IMO but it's very mild recreationally-speaking. I've never experienced any kind of negative effect from taking it but at the same time I've never really taken it on a regular basis

Sedatives of various kinds (including pregabalin and benzodiazepines and related drugs) aren't really my preference though