Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Intervention

I have to bump this thread back up to see if any of you saw the girl who had been on meth for 10 years and drank several pints of vodka daily? She was fucking crazy. I think her name was kristy. By the way I love this show!!!!!!!!!!

Also the guy tim who was a crackhead. He lived in florida. He was out the too.

Those are my two fav. episodes.

lol i saw the cristy episode.. during the intervention she had the most classic line.. it was something like this:

Off camera: Christy, we want you to just listen for 5 minu..
Christy: Well I want a big pile of meth, but I'm not gonna get it now am I?

i laughed my ass off at that line.

it seems like some of the more recent episodes have shown people who have a lot more than just drug problems that can be solved with an intervention..

I've never watched an episode all the way through. When I catch it, I'll watch it until right before the intervention part. The rest feels too uncomfortably voyeuristic. Strange for me to say that, but that's how I feel.

I think the show is useful in a "there but for the grace of God" kind of way. :( Christ, some of those people are really fucked, such that their addiction is a only a manifestation of a much larger problem.

I think it's fucked up. I don't care how compelling or moving or whatever it is. For a topic like this to be made into a series tv show is disgusting. I knew Americans got off on prying into everyone's buisness, but this is invasive to a nasty degree. What's next, following severely ill mental patients on their journey to recovery? Not for weekly television, tyvm...

The new season has started!!!!! :) (Dec 2006)

This is my favorite show of all time. I love watching people shoot,smoke, snort, and eat drugs. I get off on just watching these totally helpless people get off.

It's amazing how last nights episode cured the most lost heroin user I've ever seen (Lauren). Too bad her friend Dea overdosed and died by the end of the show.

She was lucky to have her family call the show because she really needed this intervention. I am glad things worked out for her. She looked great at the end of the show.

If you're interested...it is on A&E channel, Sunday nights at 10pm E.S.T.

I suggest every bluelighter to see at least one episode. They cover all addictions from gambling, shopping, heroin, meth, alcohol, pills, etc...

You never know when one of your friends may show up on Intervention..hahaha

I was just wonder if anyone on here watched the show that comes on A&E, internvention? I think its a real good show even though i have done a lot of the things on there(not all) but i think it has an excellent concept....just wondering if anyone else watched it....

I watch it all the time! It's one of my favorite shows. It really gives you an idea of what rock bottom really means and it shows people, well me at least, that I don't have it as bad as I thought. I like that Jeff Van Vonderen dude, he reminds me of Dr. Phil in some ways.

this topic has been done to death but i just have to say, Van Vonderden is a douche and part of the reason I don't watch that show anymore. He is the epitome of the guy who hates his job and is totally checked out, could give 2 shits about your own personal scenario and is just there to say the same 2 lines every time.

"Ok so we're gonna say what we have to say, then it's your turn, and then we're done, ok?"

oh yeah: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=189322

Bauer095 said:
this topic has been done to death but i just have to say, Van Vonderden is a douche and part of the reason I don't watch that show anymore. He is the epitome of the guy who hates his job and is totally checked out, could give 2 shits about your own personal scenario and is just there to say the same 2 lines every time.

"Ok so we're gonna say what we have to say, then it's your turn, and then we're done, ok?"

oh yeah: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=189322

haha, yeah he is kinda a douche, I just like him because he's such a dick sometimes, especially when they try to bargain with him. He's always like 'nope, its now or never, we have a plain waiting for you, you just go pack your bags and thats it, but if you don't...I believe your mother has something to say'

pennywise said:
i saw it. it was kind of corny. the one kid was a "crackhead" who would only smoke maybe a dime when he got high. the other one was a meth head who used to be in that band "days of the new". The whole "intervention" part was fucking corny, im glad no one ever did that shit to me, i would have just walked out. it looked like the "days of the new" guy was kind of using the show to maybe get some publicity or something, because he was always telling the camera guy "TURN IT OFF IM SERIOUS" unless he was playing the guitar. It pissed me off when the one guy came out of the rehab and was all indoctrinated with all the 12 step slogans. I swear some people turn into brainwashed automotons when they get out of those places. Anyway, it was more funny than anything, i thought. It would be better if they could find someone more out of control and crazy to try to intervene than some pampered psuedo crackhead or some millionaire musician looking for publicity.

I know, when I was in a outpatient rehab program, I brought up how a large majority of ex hardcore drug addicts replace their drug addiction with an addiction to God or the 12 step program. It pisses me off so much. Every Wednesday my rehab would have a couple guest speakers and they'd almost always be from AA or NA and they fucking stand up 'Hi, my names Brad, and I'm a drug addict"

It pisses me off more when people are still considered drug addicts even if they've been clean for over a decade.

And I'm really sick of hearing the 12 steps and how you need to 'give yourself into a higher power' I mean shit it's not like some higher power is gonna come blow pixy dust on my face and I'm gonna be clear of drugs, but I guess if it's the only way people could quit they really have no choice. But FUCK THAT SHIT

Favorite episode of A&E's Intervention?

for everyone who has seen the invention episode "dillon" about the southern kid addicted to meth (if you need a reminder of which episode i am talking about, go here:
http://www.aetv.com/intervention/int_episode_guide.jsp?episode=215366) can you post:

1) where and when you watched the episode.

2) how did the episode end? that is, to the best of your memory, what was said in the text on the screen about dillon's status as of when the episode aired?

the reason i am asking this is because i watched the episode last week and told a friend about it. he then downloaded it off a torrent and it had a completely different ending than the one which aired on A&E. i thought maybe one us had seen a version which had not yet been updated but that doesn't make a whole lot of sense, since i believe it was a recent episode. can anyone help me get to the bottom of this?

1. I saw it when it first aired on A&E and it was a new episode. Im not sure the exact date, but prolly like a month or two ago.

2. If I remember correctly, he eventually went to rehab. Then he left or got kicked out of rehab and is now living with a friend.

What happened in the other version?

i caught the end of his episode. i saw it really recently- i want to say this weekend or last weekend? in the version i saw, he did go to rehab... the update at the end said that he was kicked out like a month later for bad behavior, but was clean for like a month or so.

what happened in the other version?

i don't think they would lie about the outcome- i mean, when someone does not go to rehab or it not successful at getting clean they still report it.

they said he got kicked out after a month.

Then they said he's been clean and the intervention saved his life which I really doubt. How do they verify this they probably just call and ask which isnt very reliable obviously. You need more then a month to kick a meth addiction esp. someone as hardheaded as that kid was.

xena said:
i caught the end of his episode. i saw it really recently- i want to say this weekend or last weekend? in the version i saw, he did go to rehab... the update at the end said that he was kicked out like a month later for bad behavior, but was clean for like a month or so.

what happened in the other version?

i don't think they would lie about the outcome- i mean, when someone does not go to rehab or it not successful at getting clean they still report it.

so are you saying your version said was clean for a month in rehab or after rehab?

in my version, it said he was kicked out of rehab but the intervention saved his life and he had been clean since april something.

mrcream's version says he kicked out of rehab and continued to use meth while saying with a friend. two completely different endings.