• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Intervention

blahblahblah

Bluelighter
Well somebody stole my idea for a reality show based around the rehab experince. Albeit they changed the focus more toward a intervention and are focusing on a wide range of addictions just not drugs.

Its will probably be like any other day time talk show drug intervention.

They really should make a reality series about addicts follow 3 around for 6 months. 1-2 months using drugs and showing the destruction, 1-3 months in a facility/rehab, and 1-3 months of follow up recovery/relapse whatever.

It might be a bit to self incrimindating for some but somebody always wants to get on TV. Anyways done rambling

Interventions on A&E

Episode #1 Premieres:
Sunday, March 6 @ 10pm ET/PT on A&E

The dramatic story of two addicts who are unaware that their families plan to conduct interventions that will force them to choose between treatment or exile and isolation. Family and friends hold interventions to help Tommy, a 38-year-old former executive, and Alyson, a 27-year-old who was once a White House intern. Tommy became a cocaine addict, then quit his job and sold his retirement plan and luxury condo to sustain his habit, and ended up homeless. Alyson met a boy in college who introduced her to drugs. Now she gets high everyday, steals morphine from her dying father, and is tearing her family apart with her volatile behavior.

I can't wait for this show to start. A&E is one of 2 channels that I watch, so I see this ad all the time.

they should do a reality show where they drop a bunch of junkies on an island for a month with a 2 weeks supply of heroin. see who lives.

tv: Intervention

I know ... I know ... another reality show. I couldn't help this one. This past episode had me on my seat. This guy had an IQ of like 156 in kindergarden and then graduated high school at 14!!! Then he gets all disappointed with his life and turns into a gambling addict and tries to kill himself 4 times.

It's so funny....well not funny but hard to imagine....that people that have everything going their way at such an early age have this happen to their life. He was so against the fact that he could be causing any of this (debt) and was yelling at his parents to pay for all of his mistakes. My parents would not have gone as far as his did...he was bordering on abusing her in the parking lot on the show.

This show has me hooked...not hard these days!

i saw it. it was kind of corny. the one kid was a "crackhead" who would only smoke maybe a dime when he got high. the other one was a meth head who used to be in that band "days of the new". The whole "intervention" part was fucking corny, im glad no one ever did that shit to me, i would have just walked out. it looked like the "days of the new" guy was kind of using the show to maybe get some publicity or something, because he was always telling the camera guy "TURN IT OFF IM SERIOUS" unless he was playing the guitar. It pissed me off when the one guy came out of the rehab and was all indoctrinated with all the 12 step slogans. I swear some people turn into brainwashed automotons when they get out of those places. Anyway, it was more funny than anything, i thought. It would be better if they could find someone more out of control and crazy to try to intervene than some pampered psuedo crackhead or some millionaire musician looking for publicity.

staind rose said:
they should do a reality show where they drop a bunch of junkies on an island for a month with a 2 weeks supply of heroin. see who lives.

now that id like to see.

i havent seen this show yet. i had never even heard of it until today. ill probably check it out.

I am watching this right now, tonight's pair is a bulimic and a video game addict. The video game intervention is fucking classic-

video game addict?

"johnny.....we're concerned that if you keep going on this path, youll ruin your eyes and never get any pussy *SOB**BLUBBER*SOB*"

I watched the most recent one. Some woman had a "gambling and drug problem". The woman would take *gasp* 10 vicoden per day! and they also showed her go to the horse races and make 2 dollar bets all day. The biggest concern was the amount of money she was spending. Really it seems as though her problem was being poor more than the drugs or gambling.

Alot of the stuff that people do that their families are worried about is just the result of being an asshole, not a drug addict. I want to see one of these shows where they intervene on someone who doesnt do drugs or gamble, but they are just a really big asshole. I want to see an asshole intervention. "honey, we're really concerned with what a huge douchebag you have become *SOB*"

^^^I want to! Can't wait for it to show up on our local cable :D i have to admit that watching your ole regular run-o-the-mill interventions on shows like the Insider et al have me cringing and giggling at the same time 8)

If we really think about it... what is this show doing? How much do you think the person who is getting the intervention on the show is being paid? Are they being paid? If so, giving a lump sum to sometime trying to get off addictive drugs seems like the most regressive act TV could do. :\

am i naive to think these addicts weren't getting paid? hmmm...

i assume the show foots the gnarly rehab bill, but i didn't think they did anymore then that.

btw, once i have cable again...i will watch. i <3 that show.

I dont think they're getting paid. At the begining they act as though they are being filmed for a documentary on addiction that's why they are willing to have camera's.

I personally love this show. I haven't seen many. The one I saw last night was about a heroin addict lesbian, it was literaly like going back in time watching myself being that fucked up. Of course I cried. Oh god it was horrible. But definately something I needed to see, it made me so sad to think I was really like that before...

I dont know if I could watch it on a regular basis though, it was waaay too sad for me.

I watched that shit high a number of times and laughed the whole way with a lil bit of "hmm, some OC WOULD be pretty good right about now".... but i cant say that at 2am on sunday that im payin more attention to switchin the channel over to Intervention than to my blazed ass watchin Adult Swim....conflicting schedules here...LOL

The woman would take *gasp* 10 vicoden per day! and they also showed her go to the horse races and make 2 dollar bets all day. The biggest concern was the amount of money she was spending. Really it seems as though her problem was being poor more than the drugs or gambling.

Is this the same woman whose husband makes $100,000 a year and they still have trouble paying the bills because she'll take his ATM and go buy a shitload of vicodins? I thought she was taking more like 30 per day, but I could be mistaken.

Either way, the situation was pretty sad considering the husband wants to stay with her... he doesn't realize that he's investing in basically a wasted person. She milks his ATM no matter how many times he tells her not to. Then her liver's going to go out, and that'll be even more money down the drain. Poor guy... but such a dumbass. :\

A&E's Intervention

Is there anyone out there who can watch this show without crying??

And im a fuckin guy! But seriously, I cant handle this show at all, ive cried absolutely every single time ive watched. I know of no other TV show that'll do that to me.

*shrug*

hehe, actually my boy and i take bets onto whether they'll enter rehab. if they do, then we take bets if they'll stay there.

i'm not heartless.

the show can be somewhat touching.

i like seeming them clean after a couple of months...when they look ahundred times better.

crystalcallas said:
^^^I want to! Can't wait for it to show up on our local cable

some shows are available via bit torrent ;)

i enjoy the show but i often have mixed feelings about the intervention part.. i know if someone ever did that to me i dont think i would take it very well. it seems like most people who hold the intervention are people who already have power over the addict's lives. otherwise the addict could just say fuck off

I wish I was spoiled as some of these kids lol...

But yeah I love this show.

But som many meth heads!