• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Injection; IV Complications and Info MEGATHREAD & FAQ III Vs I Want Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.
No i pulled it out as soon as i seen it blow up it didnt hurt and its a lil swollen but not bad at all now lil discolored but not like it was at all and its a lil swore

^that's a very suspect question, but if this trolling it's the most boring troll thread in the history of mankind!

Do you really lack the common sense to make an educated guess as to the answer to that question?!

Maybe you should just use pictures to make your point.....seems to work for some folks....

very simple question should i slowly put the needle in or be quick about it was not sure like if i was faster it was less chance of busting a vein or w/e

If you were a guy and I was a girl and we were having sex, AND you had a 12 inch long cock as thick as a soda can, would it hurt more if you just rammed it into me or if you went slowly and took your time?!

do you see my point son?

It sounds like you need to do a lot of learning and researching basic information before you really hurt yourself. IV'ing is a big deal and there are a number of complications that can come up if you don't know what you're doing.. I suggest reading as much as you can on the IV threads, starting with the one in my signature, and begin soaking in some basic info before your arm falls off... (dramatic, but actually plausible).

As to this specific question... you've gotten some good answers already. You blew a vein. The swelling will go down in a day or so and you'll have a nasty bruise for a while but it will heal eventually.

What vein where you using and what sized syringe? What gauge?

For you to blow a vein like that on contact, you must have tried to shove a very big thing into a very small vein... or just had no clue what you were doing.. Veins are delicate, especially smaller ones in your wrist and hands. You need to be careful, have the proper equipment, and use the correct technique.

Edit: Since you already asked this in the megathread, I'm going to merge it now. In the future just make one thread or post regarding one question..

so im going through my first serious complicaton right now. yesterdy I stupidly shot 50mg of diphenhydramine and the needle clogged but I pushed through and missed almost the entire shot. the site immediately swelled up and felt like a womans breast. as the day went on I used warm compresss. I fell asleep after struggling to find a position that didnt hurt. this morning comes and the light pink lump grew about an inch and I cant extend my arm past 45 degrees. we I can get it to about 90 before tthe soreness takes hold.

I'm typing this with my left hand right now. I have to have my right hand up by my ear and keep the elbow elevated. I', gonna try to keeep doing hot compreses and if it's not improving by tonight I'm going to bite the bullet and go to the er. I'll post pics soon so you guys can see what im working with.

here's an update. I took 3 advil and its a little less sore. I also took benadryl orally to try and fight the inflammation. I noticed it's now hot tp thr touch so I made an appointment for tomorrow morning to see a doctor if it doesnt improve.

here's the pics

11j3sau.jpg

28gv4o3.jpg

wish me luck.

Last edited:
^^

Good luck and much credit for actually going to the doctor, as that'd really be the only advice we could give you anyway. You're following all the proper steps, hot compress, etc. So I hope it's not serious.

Why didn't you stop injecting when you felt the pain and resistance? Must have hurt like a bitch.

oddly enough I didn't feel any pain, and I attributed the resistance to the needle clogging up, which they frequently do with that particular drug. It didn't start to actually hurt for a couple hours after the shot. the swelling seems to be going down, I tried icing it an hour ago to try to help the swelling, and it's starting to go down although there is still localized heat. I'm hoping it doesn't require any surgery, but if it does than I'll chock it up to being lucky I still have my arm.

I started doing it with buprenorphine and honestly I got kind of addicted to it. like I would go through mild withdrawls without it. I had pretty much decided to stop before I did this shot and the complications from it have reaffirmed my decision. I've been taking around 100 mg twice a day orally to help with the inflammation, but I feel no urge to try injecting it any more.

honestly this shit is pretty addictive I started only doing it with bupe and a month later I was injecting 10+ 50 mg caps a day, sometimes more. I was still i.v.ing bupe but I realized I was beasting my tolerance by always doing bupe with the dph, so I started doing just diph shots. I'm still banging suboxone, but I got my tolerance back down from 8mg a day to 1 - 2mg a day spaced out in 2-3 shots. I've been getting much better effects from 500 ug shots than I was from 1 and 2mg shots. I'm planning on switching back to sublingual and continuing to taper off completely. this is probably a little more background info than you were looking for, but the bottom line is that I was using diph to potentiate bupe, and eventually developed an addiction to diph itself. stupid thing to be addicted to, but it is a much more powerful drug than people think. I think moderate doses of it are comparable to low doses of benzos especially when combined with opiates.

So i just got back from the doctor. The diagnosis is cellulitis, aka an infection of the skin. I got prescrbed cephalexin 500 mg 4 times a day for 10 days. Hopefully that will clear it up. The swelling has gone down slightly and ive regained some movement at my elbow. It has spread a bit, but the pressure on my nerve has gone down.
Heres a pic of my arm today.

NSFW:
tSzvXYF.jpg

Am new here, need help. Am so scared. I have been injecting into crook of my arm for the past 2 months in the same spot (stupidly, I know)and my vein feels thick , like a hard rope. Is raised. Not very big, mabey one half inch long. Not infected visibly, no swelling of arm or pain. But this hard rope feel is scaring me to death. What do I do? What is this? Do I need a doctor? Am seriously freaking out! Thanx for any help!

If its a tough leathery feeling its probably just scar tissue. Sounds like how my arm was since I didn't rotate sites and used the right crook for 3 years.

^^^ my arm is actually not as bad as it sounds really. Just an inch long deep purple scar. Its thinned out so it is healing a bit.

I've been IVing for around 4 years now, and i'm 20 atm.

I've missed shots of unfiltered coke, meth, suboxone(thought i was gonna lose my arm), heroin and dilaudid, and re-used needles till they were completely dull and never had a single IV complication. Other then red lumps that ALWAYS dissipate with warm water and icing. Why is this? I mean i of course have hard veins, and veins that did the old "IM OUTTA HERE" and are hiding from me..

And i really think everyone that starting to IV SHOULD NOT hit their crook of their arms... its a horrible painful and sore spot if you miss or hit it back to back, and bruises like a mofo..

BTW I use MUCH safer needle practice now then when I was amidst an IV coke addiction.

I've been IVing for around 4 years now, and i'm 20 atm.

I've missed shots of unfiltered coke, meth, suboxone(thought i was gonna lose my arm), heroin and dilaudid, and re-used needles till they were completely dull and never had a single IV complication. Other then red lumps that ALWAYS dissipate with warm water and icing. Why is this? I mean i of course have hard veins, and veins that did the old "IM OUTTA HERE" and are hiding from me..

And i really think everyone that starting to IV SHOULD NOT hit their crook of their arms... its a horrible painful and sore spot if you miss or hit it back to back, and bruises like a mofo..

BTW I use MUCH safer needle practice now then when I was amidst an IV coke addiction.

Why? ... because you're lucky..

Why were you not filtering your shots? Not even with regular cotton?

I agree with pretty much all of this. when I was shooting coke regularly my i.v. hygeine was horrible. I would get the red bumps something fierce when shooting coke.

and my advice for people who are new is to go for the cephalic vein. it's almost a foot long and it's a very thick vein. I consider it to be the pipeline for my arm. if you use it too much in a short period of time (like when banging coke or other stims) it can be difficult to hit, but you have 2 of them and a lot of real estate on each one. you can even rotate spots on the same vein, do one towards the hand, switch sides, one towards the elbow, switch sides, one in the middle, switch sides, then repeat the process but do each one on the opposite side from the first time. this vein leads to the median cubital which is the common one used in the inner elbow. these veins are hardy and strong, and with practice easy to hit. they are also in an area that doesn't swell or bruise too much.

so I'll update you guys on my complication. I was using the basilic vein at the time (another good one, just not as durable as the cephalic, but when tied off it becomes easy to hit).

it's been 30 hours since I started my cephalexin, I've taken 4 so far, and the difference it's made is phenomenal. I've completely regained use of my arm, the soreness has gone down and is barely noticable. there is still some heat and the area is still slightly pink, but I think by this time tomorrow it will be barely noticeable.

here's what it looks like today:

2v96rz7.jpg

as you can see it's looking much better. the blue line shows where it was yesterday before starting antibiotics, and the before pics are earlier in the thread.

I'm hoping this is a lesson to anyone who is experiencing a complication, many people suggest the ER but if it's not immediately life threatening going to your pcp/gp will save a lot of money and will also prevent docs in the er doing unnecessary procedures to rack up your bill. it's like the saying (paraphrased) if you go to a surgeon, he's going to say you need surgery. because I went right away I got it over with fast and dont have to worry about it. if I waited and let it get out of hand I would be facing some serious procedures and possibly lose my arm.

so bottom line, if you have a complication from i.v. use or anything for that matter you should bite the bullet and see a doc. these types of things dont just work themselves out on their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.