• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Injection; IV Complications and Info MEGATHREAD & FAQ III Vs I Want Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so i said id keep you guys posted, today there really is no pain. The color went back to normal but there is still a decent sized lump right where i was injecting. Im assuming it is mostly the inactives all sitting there waiting to be absorbed. Hopefully that willl go away on its own with the help of antibiotics. It is a lot more solid than the swelling was before. My guess is the antibiotics are kicking the infections ass but theres still material from the shot sitting there.

Here it is

NSFW:
ele03s.jpg

Hi im new to iv'ing and iv noticed light bruising around the areas i hit on both arms is this normal? this is a lil pain but not much. Also the soreness is like from deep in the arm not on the vain and the bruising is like a light yellow color any help or advice will be much appreciated thank you!

I agree with pretty much all of this. when I was shooting coke regularly my i.v. hygeine was horrible. I would get the red bumps something fierce when shooting coke.

and my advice for people who are new is to go for the cephalic vein. it's almost a foot long and it's a very thick vein. I consider it to be the pipeline for my arm. if you use it too much in a short period of time (like when banging coke or other stims) it can be difficult to hit, but you have 2 of them and a lot of real estate on each one. you can even rotate spots on the same vein, do one towards the hand, switch sides, one towards the elbow, switch sides, one in the middle, switch sides, then repeat the process but do each one on the opposite side from the first time. this vein leads to the median cubital which is the common one used in the inner elbow. these veins are hardy and strong, and with practice easy to hit. they are also in an area that doesn't swell or bruise too much.

Agree with you 100% those are the veins i started using after my crooks were bad, and i never went back! and for someone asking why i wasn't filtering. Cocaine takes my thought process and just smashes it to pieces. I dont know why i didnt filter, i dont know why i did most of the things i did while IVing coke. Shit consumes every fiber of your soul.

Hi im new to iv'ing and iv noticed light bruising around the areas i hit on both arms is this normal? this is a lil pain but not much. Also the soreness is like from deep in the arm not on the vain and the bruising is like a light yellow color any help or advice will be much appreciated thank you!

did you shoot into the crook? What size needles are you using and what drug did you inject? Just sounds like you may have not used a proper angle/or too much force. Bruising can occur more from one person to another too

I hit it right in the fold of my arm in the main vain where u get ur iv done and i used suboxone and the needle is small so that shouldnt be the issue i also hit there several times so that could be it i guess

yes, you should really try to avoid hitting that vein as stated above in my post. Do you have the vein that runs from the side of your wrist all the way up to your crook? You should use that instead. If you use the crook of your arm you will need to rotate spots alot to avoid bruising and pain. I dont use those veins because of this reason.

And i hope you're filtering your sub well. Do you have an heroin or opiate addiction? or do you just use sub

i had opiate addiction but iv been on subs lil over a yr now and thanks for the advice i use cotton to filter i do not have access to anything better atm I just started iv'ing and yes i see the vain along side my wrist it looks like a good chice thanks for the advice!

lately I've been using the veins on the inside of my arm, if your looking at your right arm right in between the elbow and the median cubital the main crook of the arm vein closest to your body) and they've been working real well. they roll a little bit but they are thick and plump when I tie off.

oh yeah. and my arm has been healing quite nicely. it's been a little over a week since the incident and I'm still taking my antibiotics. all the redness is gone but there is still a thick lump where I injected. I can tell there is still material in there, but the antibiotics are taking care of the infection. I think black iron oxide is the culprit, its an inactive that just sounds horrible. I'm going to start back up with the hot compresses to try and promote absorbtion. thank god I got to the doctor when I did, I think the necrosis would be spreading to my abdomen by now if I hadn't.

stinging IV shot - missed or ??

ok so i had .4cc loaded into my barrel, filtered, sterile water, brand new needle.... i tie off the tourniquet, and get the needle in my left hand.

i flick the barrel and squirt a tiny bit out for air bubbles, and i prick myself. the first prick, i pulled back, and not blood....so i moved in the syringe a little deeper and to the right and at that instant i felt the "pop" and pulled back just a tiny bit and the barrel FILLED with dark red precious blood..i push down a little and the shot starts to hurt a little, like more of sting while it usually never hurts at all. i wa10s already half way through and i pulled back a little bit to make sure i was still in and more of a bright red came back? i was getting impatient and i pshed the remaining .2cc into my arm and with it came a little sting, nothing to really complain about, didnt hurt much at all. however, my shots are usually painnless so i was a little concerned about this.

did i miss the shot? was it because i have shot up about 7-10 with the same vein in the past 4-5 days in the crook of my right arm? did i go through an artery? did i puncture the vein?
there is no bruising and only a little red pin scar from the injection . no pain or anything really. i can put pressure on the vein and it is a little sore but does not hurt. i think i just have been using this vein too much and need to rotate around?? i think i am just freaking myself out and i pretty sure i hit the shot and it wasnt "missed" because im out of withdrawal either way, and i feel the bupre. even if i missed, i should stilll be alright right? the thing is there is no bump or bruises so i dont think it was missed, because it would have swollen up. the scar from the injection is going away fast and i dont feel any pain or any numbness??

thanks,
-lac

Did you not release the tourniquet before you pushed the shot? (hint, if I ever needed to tie myself off, which wasn't often blessed with great veins, but I would make sure that I tied off in a way that I held the string/tie/tourniquet taught in my mouth, and all I had to do was move my head, like turning my face away from the taught tie, which would undo the tie and release the tourniquet. That takes a lottttt of practice though.

And what the fuck bro since when are you big into shooting up? What the fuck are you shooting out there anyways? Don't say buprenorphine....???????

Okay, a few questions to clarify things a little more..
What substance did you IV?
Also, was there any rush? Or, if the drug doesn't produce a rush, did you notice a sudden onset once IVed?
When you removed the needle from your arm, was there any swelling around the area at that time?
I know you said there was no bruising or swelling but sometimes there can be a small amount of what looks like swelling near the injection site and it may fade after a few minutes or a few hours. I've had this for minor misses, I believe it's just fluid from the shot under my skin.
Stinging usually means you missed. If the stinging is really minor it could just be the substance you're IVing OR it could mean it was a partial miss. You could have mostly been in the vein but just partially out.

Here's the deal with the crook of your arm..... Or well, since I don't feel I have the qualifications to deliver this as fact, here is MY experience. When I first started IVing I used the vein in the crook of my right arm like most people. As I was inexperienced in IV drug use, I was only able to rotate between that spot and one other on my left arm at first. I was very careful but I'm sure I was essentially stabbing my arm with a needle those first few times, albeit gently stabbing.. But to hurry this along, for whatever reason I started to lose a little sensation in the area I was injecting. I would slowly put the point of the needle in, draw back plunger, and keep pressing forward till the small air bubble in the syringe was replaced by blood. I would depress the plunger and all would be good. HOWEVER.. a few times I must have slipped out after registering because a couple times I didn't get a significant rush and I felt the ever so slightest sting. And out of those couple times, one of the times the miss resulted in a big lump in my arm. It did not end up becoming an abscess, most likely because I was religious about putting hot packs on it (I'll go over that below).

A missed shot will usually absorb, just slower than if you got it into the vein. It's not like squirting it out onto the ground. So it could have kept you well. I would absolutely not use that same vein for IV for quite some time.. not worth getting an abcess if it's the same case as what happened to me. Are you able to hit other veins? Not sure of your level of competency with IV use.

What to do if you think you may have missed a shot: Immediately run the site of the injection under hot water. If there is swelling/fluid you can massage it gently to help your body absorb it quicker but avoid the exact injection spot as you don't want to irritate it or get bacteria into it. After 15-20 minutes examine the area.. if there's no swelling remaining, good. Keep a careful eye on it in the following days. If there's still swelling or if any comes back the following day, I would advise using hot compresses. Get a warm rag, fold it up, and put it under water as hot as you can take it. The key is frequency.. you want to do this 10+ times a day if the swelling is not going away. A nurse recommended using hot milk for the compress, though I think he learned it from his Mexican grandmother not medical school.. but hey, probably can't hurt. He also said I could rotate hot and cold for pain and to take advil.
IMPORTANT: If you get any of the following symptoms: redness/inflammation or pain at injection site, fever, or any signs of abscess (egg shaped lump which may or may not be soft at the tip of the "head" depending on the stage) you need to get medical attention immediately so they can give you antibiotics and lance the abscess if needed.

Edit: and of course Tri and CH post while I'm taking days on my post. Might as well delete mine :p
Yeah, asked WHAT he was IVing cause in Social he mentioned IV bupe... not good!

^ Agreed. I try and use a different vein for every shot, I never use the same vein twice in a row.

yah i didnt release the tourniquet lol my bad. its all good, no pain no swelling.. it slipped past me that my tourni was still on for that shot, but this past shot i made sure there was no tourni on

just tried another shot in my other vein and it registered, pushed in a little, then i slipped out and couldnt get any more blood to come back in, so i pulled out and said fuck it. then i went back to my other arm higher up and registered right away

ahhh fuck i feell good, got the rush i was looking for. i think i missed a little on my other arm too heh but this time there was no pain at all and i got that rush so i this one was good :)

fuck i feel like going back for round 3, im going to go higher up on my busted/hurt/vein..or should i try my other arm? i am a lefty so hitting my left arm-vein was harder to do, where iget a hit the first time on my right arm.

going higher up would be ok???

Last edited:
Did you not release the tourniquet before you pushed the shot? (hint, if I ever needed to tie myself off, which wasn't often blessed with great veins, but I would make sure that I tied off in a way that I held the string/tie/tourniquet taught in my mouth, and all I had to do was move my head, like turning my face away from the taught tie, which would undo the tie and release the tourniquet. That takes a lottttt of practice though.

And what the fuck bro since when are you big into shooting up? What the fuck are you shooting out there anyways? Don't say buprenorphine....???????

yah i only have LITERALLY crumbs of bupre left to last me 7 more days. i probably have around .4 and i have been doing around .1 shots.

god damn i should have never gone back to the IV. i fucking am craving some more so another 50-100microgram shot here we go.

hey slow down lacster sounds like you're burning through those crumbs pretty fast :)

^ thanks scag

ended up getting that fucking 3rd round in after 235908203984029380298 tries hitting a vein. i almost had a hit in my wrist, i pushed down a tiny and there was PAIN, so i pulled out right away. after trying my wrists and left arm, i said fuck it and went for my right arm again but higher up my bicep. still using the same needle so it fucking is a bitch to get into my skin, FINALLY registered and got back dark red, released my tourni, and pushed down SLOWLY. no pain and got the "rush" or instant satisfaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.