• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Injection; IV Complications and Info MEGATHREAD & FAQ III Vs I Want Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just injected myself for the first time tonight, usually I have my "people" do me and that is always a perfect shot. This time however I did not have time to sit and prep everything there so I brought it home and did myself (only half of a tenth, as tolerance has went down since last week). Took 4 sticks before finally registering, so I then pushed almost all but chickened out and left just a little drop in the syringe. Pulled out and had hardly any rush but felt it, although some must have seeped out into the surrounding tissue as there was a histamine reaction at the injection site, or perhaps what was left in the tip got into my skin.

Anyhow, the main problem I seemed to have trouble with is my vein "rolling" when I tried. I've got good viens and my friend can hit them just fine. Is there any (dare I say it) sure fire way to keep them from rolling off to the side?

Just injected myself for the first time tonight, usually I have my "people" do me and that is always a perfect shot. This time however I did not have time to sit and prep everything there so I brought it home and did myself (only half of a tenth, as tolerance has went down since last week). Took 4 sticks before finally registering, so I then pushed almost all but chickened out and left just a little drop in the syringe. Pulled out and had hardly any rush but felt it, although some must have seeped out into the surrounding tissue as there was a histamine reaction at the injection site, or perhaps what was left in the tip got into my skin.

Anyhow, the main problem I seemed to have trouble with is my vein "rolling" when I tried. I've got good viens and my friend can hit them just fine. Is there any (dare I say it) sure fire way to keep them from rolling off to the side?
tie off with a hospital tourniquet. or use a belt. tighten down. push into vein, register, then loosen your tie, re-register, push away.

Are you sure it was actually the shot that was hot? If you miss and have a histamine release, or especially if you inject around a nerve, it can feel like you've injected fire.
I never missed a shot as I got the Alaskan pipelines in my arms. we cook our dope here in stl as the raw is like a pebble from the playground. when ground finely it dissolves well but heat just speeds it up. when I say cook I don't mean lots of heat. I mean like hold lighter under cooker/spoon for 2 seconds to warm it up. yes I understand the HR lacking in that. yes I did it daily like that for 3 years. no I did not have any complications. I know the difference between a miss and a still hot shot. the only misses I ever had was at the beginning when I had others hit me. I personally don't remember missing any shots.

Alaskan pipelines in my arms

been watxhing Dexter huh;) i've got veins exactly the same and never use a tourniquet - they only make me fuck up and are a right pain in the ass. this is just my opinion and experience.

been watxhing Dexter huh;) i've got veins exactly the same and never use a tourniquet - they only make me fuck up and are a right pain in the ass. this is just my opinion and experience.
also ties can be considered paraphernalia to the police. less shit to carry around AND you can get your shots of quick without having to fuck with a tie. and yes I watch dexter :) I see a lot of parallels between him and me.

Well aren't you two just the luckiest little fuckers?!

My veins are shot.

i ran across bluelight in 03 when i was 17 so gathered a fair bit of information from an early age, thanks to erowid linking me here. then i didn't use the site for a while until i first ran into the chance of using mdma then speed. so i did a kit of research on here and with IVing piquing my interest eventually i started gathering information about it; everything you could imagine;techniques.hygiene, different teks for different drugs, etc, etc. so i was lucky to have the information at my fingertips and able to put it into practice - safely as possible. and i continued to learn over the years. and in return have looked after my veins and not losing one :)

also ties can be considered paraphernalia to the police. less shit to carry around AND you can get your shots of quick without having to fuck with a tie. and yes I watch dexter :) I see a lot of parallels between him and me.

the "alaskan pipelines" is a line rita's junkie ex uses to describe his veins in one scene, that's why i brought up dexter :) i love that show, too.

laws are much different here in aus. we can be searched and found with rigs on us and as long as they're still packagd and none opened and not disposed on they're perfectly legal to have in possession. so as long as they're contained properly. if there's a lose one, unpackages yo'll get popped for paraphernalia. i've been pulled over with kits on me several times and they've not been able to do a thing because everything has been contained and i've had no drugs on me.

as for OT - high from IV morphine, valium. some hydro grown buds, some bsuh buds.

care to partner up and make it a team effort?

you're both now being monitored by the FBI, CIA, DEA, ABC and the KKK. just peek out your window.

time to get the alfoil hats out, guys!

Last edited:
First time I've pinned...not happy bunny. Wanted to try it out and see how it felt. Not the brown tho, my 'bf' does that i prefer the white. Never injected before tho. Sooo Stupid!!!!! Why put myself in this situation????

you're both now being monitored by the FBI, CIA, DEA, ABC and the KKK. just peek out your window.

time to get the alfoil hats out, guys!
back when I used to be monitored by some type of agency you couldn't find any foil for hats that didn't have tweak resin on it. I remember I was too paranoid to use my dorms toilets thinking the feds were analyzing my urine for drugs and were planning to bust me. worst week of my life peeing outside in subzero temps at every hour of the day.

i ran across bluelight in 03 when i was 17 so gathered a fair bit of information from an early age, thanks to erowid linking me here. then i didn't use the site for a while until i first ran into the chance of using mdma then speed. so i did a kit of research on here and with IVing piquing my interest eventually i started gathering information about it; everything you could imagine;techniques.hygiene, different teks for different drugs, etc, etc. so i was lucky to have the information at my fingertips and able to put it into practice - safely as possible. and i continued to learn over the years. and in return have looked after my veins and not losing one :)

Similar story, been IVing on and off for a year and haven't lost one yet with pretty minimal rotation, my big veins on a bad day wouldn't fit a 25g inside them so they're pretty small. I got one vein that is close to being blocked and that isn't even old faithful :D

^^ I called my main vein ol faithful as well. people laughed when I told em about it, but ol faithful never let me down.

back when I used to be monitored by some type of agency you couldn't find any foil for hats that didn't have tweak resin on it. I remember I was too paranoid to use my dorms toilets thinking the feds were analyzing my urine for drugs and were planning to bust me. worst week of my life peeing outside in subzero temps at every hour of the day.

dayum, "they" really got you by the balls! literally. surprised you didn't resort to pissing in cups or buckets in your room and emptying them out come day time hahaha.

Similar story, been IVing on and off for a year and haven't lost one yet with pretty minimal rotation, my big veins on a bad day wouldn't fit a 25g inside them so they're pretty small. I got one vein that is close to being blocked and that isn't even old faithful :D

i was extremely athletic as a child and teen and am naturally pretty well built with a good cardiovascular system so have been blessed with big fat juicy veins all over my body. i can hit myself in the middle of winter in a dark room! ha!

^^ I called my main vein ol faithful as well. people laughed when I told em about it, but ol faithful never let me down.

yeah, i call i the main vein but some people get the impression i'm talking about my dick. otherwise it's old faithful as well. i haven't given it a nickname like Fred or anything.

Ok, dug out the medical text books this morning (which is what one should consult along with those individuals with previous experience; and what I should have done prior to attempting this on my own), and poured over everything related to IV. I was under the presumption that one is to insert at a 15 degree angle, although the CORRECT angle is stated to be 30 degrees (bevel up ofcourse). I am thinking that this shallow 15 degree angle that I attempted is what caused difficulty and caused the vein to roll of to the side. Traction on the skin is also recommended to prevent the vein from rolling, according to this text book. Because sticking yourself 4 times before "getting it" is kind of a turn-off heh heh.

Ok, dug out the medical text books this morning (which is what one should consult along with those individuals with previous experience; and what I should have done prior to attempting this on my own), and poured over everything related to IV. I was under the presumption that one is to insert at a 15 degree angle, although the CORRECT angle is stated to be 30 degrees (bevel up ofcourse). I am thinking that this shallow 15 degree angle that I attempted is what caused difficulty and caused the vein to roll of to the side. Traction on the skin is also recommended to prevent the vein from rolling, according to this text book. Because sticking yourself 4 times before "getting it" is kind of a turn-off heh heh.

Yeah the traditional angle for injection is 30 degrees. However, some veins require a little less of an angle if they are closer to the surface, etc.. others a bit steeper if they are further down there. Also, over time, as scar tissue is built up in certain injection sites, you'll find the angle of penetration needs to change sometimes.

okay thought this would be the perfect thread to post in. anyways i got my hands on some original OC 20s and i wanna try IVing some tonight, i normally take anywhere from 40-50mg to catch a nod and do around 60-100mg a day sometimes. i really need some help, tips, advice, etc. on this. i wanna be safe and as clean as possible. im about to go pick up my gear from an animal shelter cause i have community service and i have gotten brand new needles there before for my junkie friends. any tips? this will be my first time IVing opiates aside from hospital visits and/or surgeries. thanks guys

okay thought this would be the perfect thread to post in. anyways i got my hands on some original OC 20s and i wanna try IVing some tonight, i normally take anywhere from 40-50mg to catch a nod and do around 60-100mg a day sometimes. i really need some help, tips, advice, etc. on this. i wanna be safe and as clean as possible. im about to go pick up my gear from an animal shelter cause i have community service and i have gotten brand new needles there before for my junkie friends. any tips? this will be my first time IVing opiates aside from hospital visits and/or surgeries. thanks guys

Just take them orally. IV'ing oxy is pretty pointless as it provides no real rush and the bioavailability orally is so high already.

Use the search engine for more info because this has been talked about to death.

Status
Not open for further replies.