• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Injection; IV Complications and Info MEGATHREAD & FAQ III Vs I Want Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.
That shit is desperate. I'm in trouble. Both my hands are swollen a bit and hurt and my ankle is fucked. It's hurt before now I just can't find a vein. I go near the rest of marks but nothing. I'm getting tired of wasting shots. I went 5 different places earlier and ended up going in my swollen hand. It worked but God knows the damage in doing to the veins. I took one orally this morning like I'm supposed to and 2 hrs later I'm shaking and went ahead. I can't remember I got blood drawback in syringe. The best I ever had was recently I went for a vein by my knuckle and this huge vein was sticking out of my thumb so I hit that. Wow. I shaved my left wrist and got a vein to pop up by my veins are so subtle it never pops up. I'm goin for that later cause that's my only option. I tried my arm cause that's where my biggest vein is but its deep and I couldn't get it and nothing in my forearms even tied off. I guess I shouldn't be shooting but it's too late. I go to pain dr tomorrow for refills so I might wear gloves, lol. It's cold enough. I've seen people go between their fingers. Is that for real? I see nothing between fingers and I think I hit a nerve yesterday. I'm learning. I've looked at my legs and nothing, feet to. I guess I'm just screwed.

Neck it? Not sure what you mean. Never looked at my neck but I know my jugular is on left so that's not good. I've had a hard time today. I get my refill tomorrow so I only have so many and I've missed twice. Finally got one in my ankle and feel much better. I thought about between my thumb and index but I don't see a vein and don't wanna hit a nerve. I've seen people on intervention and shit and they were going between their fingers. I went for celiac vein in left wrist, I even shaved but nothing. I saw a vein but now flow back and I took needle out and no blood. Any suggestions on where to look or go would be appreciated

I looked at veins in neck but one, I have a big beard which covers them and two, I'm too much of a sissy to do that man. I tried my arms endlessly tonight and nothing. Missed one in my foot and hurts like shit. Got one in my shin and worked great. Neck ain't for me but there are some good ones there.

Ok, this is my first post and it will probably end up in the wrong place, but here's what's up. Years ago I was introduced to iv'ing H and opiates, mainly Opanas. I wasn't properly taught how to do it, rather I let my buddy hit me and then I carried that needle around for a couple weeks and stabbed at the same vein until it swole up to the size of a golf ball and shortly after I went to summer camp at rehab. Fast forward a couple years and I have decided to iv a different drug this time and I'm armed with a solid technique as opposed to last times stab it if u see it plan. Here's my problem. Over the years I wasn't iv'ing, scar tissue, I think has attatched itself to my veins and and other things in my elbow. The vein that I fucked up actually turned a 45 degree turn in the crease of my elbow. Once I had hit all my other veins pretty good I had to try old faithful. Almost impossible. But one time I got through by pushing really hard through something hard in my vein. At the time I had no idea what. Yesterday I was trying to hit that spot again and the big hard knot broke free and another vein went around to the other side of my arm. That hard knot dropped down into the abyss of my elbow. Now, yes it hurt and yes it freaked me out. At one point that vein was tight like a guitar string but I managed to take my fingers and roll it close back to where it was. A couple of times I got the hard knot to come back only to watch it fall back down into my elbow.
My question is this. Does it sound like inner scar tissue to anyone? Has anyone had anything similar to this happen? Is there anything I can do to fix it myself? Is this serious, or common, or WTF? There is another peice of tissue connected a little further up the arm on same vein. I have babies the arm today because I don't want that vein to go back to other side of arm again. Any advice would be great. The vein is straight know but now the tissue is on the bottom side of vein so when I enter, the needle is inside a vein but won't register because it's so big around from being pulled down by scar tissue. I could be wrong about it even being scar tissue. Anyway, that's what's up. HELP

Jeez man, that's tough. I have no idea what you could do. I was stuck with my hands and they looked terrible so I stopped then found my legs. After a few days of that my legs from my ankles to above my knee look terrible. Bruising and scarring. But I can cover. With staying off my hands and lots of neosporin they look normal again just still a bit swollen. I wish I had some advice for you victor vicodin.

Reading this makes me want to open a clinic on " how to hit your veins". Lol I used to have a neighbor call me for that cause she had very small hard to hit veins. She would try and try and get frustrated and I would get a "can u come over" text

I was thinking this would be a great business venture. But maybe not...junkies aren't usually rolling in $$$...:(

You don't have to see the vein. You just have to feel that unique puffy tautness. Some easy spots--top of forearm (especially where the elbow joint is), back of forearm (fold you arm in half and look at the back of forearm. This is a big one). Inside of arm, all the way from thumb on up. Drop your hand down and let blood flow into it. Look on the outside of your hand just above that knotty wrist bone (above as in further up the hand, though when hanging down the vein is actually below the bone. Just clarifying) Feel that big puffy one there you probably never noticed? As for legs--some big ones run along the inner leg. EspeciLly alongside the knee. Top of the thigh. Two huge ones run down the abdomen.

See I'm trying to help. Live demo would of course be better. Have you anyone who can show you?

EDIT: oh almost forgot. Victor--I've used on and off for 22 years and what you describe definitely qualifies as a WTF. Never have had anything like that and I've dealt with scar tissue, abscesses, holes, infections, etc. You should get that looked at. My mom had a piece of plaque break off in an artery and caused a heart attack that she was lucky to survive

Last edited:
Is using vinegar for #3 heroin really a bacterial issue? I thought vinegar was inherently antimicrobial.

damn, I "easy vein guys" sometimes take advantage of how easy it is.

been shooting for only 6 years w/ a few shots prior to that and I can still use many of the same veins; I do have a few that busted that are not just a small bubble but I have no true "track marks". yes, I have bumps in the arm, hands and bicps but everything else is OK and looks fine. I still will shoot some spot in arms, right where your arm folds, and always hit. I havent shot in months (I say months like its a long time, lol) but never had many problems.

its when I read things like this I realize I was a "lucky" guy, lol. but yes, you have to learn to shoot good;; some were hard to hit to the point where I gave up or I'd let someone else shoot me.

Is using vinegar for #3 heroin really a bacterial issue? I thought vinegar was inherently antimicrobial.

I really wouldn't recommend it. I dunno where you live but usually in places that get lots of #3 and have needle exchanges will have the exchanges provide ascorbic acid (vitamin c) satchets to use, maybe you could get ahold of those.

Fraid I don't know much on the subject in terms of personal experience, it's pretty much all #4 where I live and dissolves easily.

wet shot

I to get bruising like that when shooting meth if it's a particularly strong shot.

I also have experienced the burning sensation and get a red histamine type reaction following the vein, but the burning usually only lasts a few seconds.

I believe the reaction is because meth is caustic and the shot is too highly concentrated for your body to accept it without irritation.

Always use a minimum of 30 units for vein health and never be afraid to add a bit more to dilute it so it doesn't irritate your veins

The shot is wet still has fuel on it. Just heat it up on spoon first to dry it out.

[Qshstorm;10263285]I tend to get bruising like that when meth if it's a particularly strong shot.

I also have experienced the burning sensation and get a red histamine type reaction following the vein, but the burning usually only lasts a few seconds.

I believe the reaction is because meth is caustic and the shot is too highly concentrated for your body to accept it without irritation.

Always use a minimum of 30 units for vein health and never be afraid to add a bit more to dilute it so it doesn't irritate your veins[/QUOTE]

Your meth is wet. It still has fuel left on it. Colman fuel/ naphtha is the worst its oily. Unlike ether which will evaporate on its own because ether has smaller molecules and less hydrocarbons and the lowest flash points of the two. And colman ie naphtha being less volatile of the two. Need a little help sometimes. So dry it out on the spoon. Just keep the flame low. You don't want to melt it just a little warm. Than add your water. *** when its oily it makes it hard to register. The oily dope obstructs the flow of blood. You will only see such a small flash u think u missed but your in and when u pull it out the little bit of blood that got in will not mix well if its to oily. So when u finally get a good flash and start to push the plunger in, it will clog up. And 9 times out of 10 it won't come unclogged. So if u ever had a lot of trouble with iv meth. Burning sensation, supper hard to register even tho you was
Positive you had it. And the rig clogging up. All because its wet.

It Appears My Hipocrisy Knows No Bounds

Hey folks{i cant get my camera to work. Fuck)

The short of it: I missed part of a shot and theres a NOT red bump slightly in front of injection site. It looks like a mosquito bite.

(micron filtered, arms and hand washed with antibacterial soap and douse with alcohol, let dry, medical tourniquent, 30g 1ml never reused.
Filtered with alcohol, let dry in sanitized spoon[with a fan...stupid], water[well water, peroxided and deperoxided], boil, sterile cotton ball dosued wit alcohol, let dry, and you lnow the rest. presure with sterle cottone ball and tape. BUT i was injecting like almost 1ml and re-registering a lot. It was almot all blood by the time it want in. PARTIAL miss)
Methylphenidate- this i hard to type. Im almost too ashamed to even tell you awesome mofos =/

I moronically did nto micron filter the water. I feel so foolish.

I am terrified. I was shooting for under 4 weeks, and in my arrogance i thought i knew what i was doing. I swore off needles on new years eve, ironically i didnt even know it what day it was. For me, th is my bottom.

I had a long sleeve shirt on for days, and i didnt notice it until yesterday.

Its sometime n the AM and im going to my suboxone doc today.. I am going to ask for minocycline. I dont want to show the marks to anyone; I have never known such shame. HOWEVER,NOT AT THE COST OF MY LIFE.

I have lyme diseae and acne, so it shouldnt be a problem to ask for it.
I was the guy who hung out with friends turned needle fiends(no judgement) and would say never needles, and i blackballed them all.
Maybe if knew the still i wouldent have this problem. Crazy,,,

I still live with my parents and if they find out, the shame will be so horrible on top of a life of terrible luck. No, they wont kick me out.)
This happened after i decided i need to get my life in order, take my antidepressents and go to detox.

I am very critial of myselfand do not even use anything but my RXs,and ive fonaly realized i have a rblem becuse i was shooting to be motivated and ended up just obsessed withte ritual. Wow.

Please help. I know you will, but im crying like a baby. This is a nightmare.

thank you all for being here.
(sorry if theres some mising S/As/whatever or misspellings. My keyboard is almost as fucked up as my head is)

<3

edit: i read the BL wiki/faq/info already ofcourse. Granuloma? Inflammation? Been using hot compresses, nepsorin, polysporin, and taking NSAIDs)

Last edited:
^mate I'm a bit confused about what you are asking. Do you need help shooting or are you worried about what you may have done?

^mate I'm a bit confused about what you are asking. Do you need help shooting or are you worried about what you may have done?

sorry, im a mess.

Its the bump, im freaked.

Last edited:
Sounds like its just a miss to me. I have seen marks from misses for over a week afterwards. Does it hurt? Is it itchy? Anything else weird about it? Or is it just a little bump? Sounds like an average slight miss to me. I mean you use the most proper and sterile technique ive ever heard of. Most of my friends are like horrible messes and dont use the slightest bit of good when doing drugs and the worst ive seen is someone get an abcess. Shit ive seen people using old ass needles with an old spoon, cig filter as a cotton, and fucking puddle water which is sickening, i know, but ive seen it happen. Shit i have seen people miss full shots of crack in someone elses arm before which resulted in a huge black and blue lump that lasted for over a week. I do not think you should really worry about it and just wait and see if it gets better or worse at all. Try and get a pic of it, that would help out a bit, along with any other info you could think to mention, but you are obviously very sterile and take a ton of precautions and i really just think the miss had a bit of a reaction like usual and left that little bump which will probably go away after a few days to a week. Keep us updated!

Last edited:
Thats def something of concearn. I mysef have only about a month experience that time being broke up. Im getting off my pain meds bc of this. I started in my hand till they were both baloons then went all over my legs. They look ok now but they were beat up and when they dicked out i found cluster of veins in left abdomen. My councoius is stopping me but so is the face i have no where else to go. My abdomen looks like roast beef. I guess what im saying is iv has consequences whether it be complications or just a mere mess. I ooked at it shower this morning and felt terrible. I also think about all the meds ive wasted with missed hits. Fuck it, its not worth it. I once had a lump in my ankle that stayed for days. Thank God that was the worst. That puddle water old equip is nasty but im no different than them. I just have a sterile place to do it. Be off opiates by end of month. People gonna do what they do but if youre reading this, please reconsider this ROA. Its cons def outweigh the pros. Im obsessed with the rush like the rest but the biggest complication i have to shooting is shooting itself. Only by the Grace of God i havent created more sdamage than i have. My veins in those places never the same. Nobody showed me shit. Did it completly alone with knowelage i got here. What a mistake. Def get that checked out dunwhich. Hope your ok. Yall wish me lucjk.

problems registering please help
How yall doing I'm a IV user and I just can't hit myself anymore. My right inner elbow is mostly scar tissue from previous use, so I'm working on my left arm now. Sometimes I hit the vein no problem and its all good but lately its been getting harder and harder to hit myself. Usually ill get just a little thick looking blood in my syringe but it doesn't flow into the needle. And sometimes a small blood clot forms in the syringe and I have to pull out the plunger and get it out. I am 6'3 and about 330 lbs so my veins are hard to find. I'm just looking for any suggestions on other places to inject because I can't barely see any veins anywhere in my body. And also is it dangerous to be drawing up little blood clots in my syringe? Is that normal? What can I do to find a vein because both my inner elbows are pretty much shot.
Thank you so much everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.