• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Injection; IV Complications and Info MEGATHREAD & FAQ III Vs I Want Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, what is your suggestion on creating a hot compress that stays hor for more than 30-60 seconds without having to get up and re-soak it?

You know those little packs that they have to warm up your hands and feet in the winter? I use them when I am snowboarding. They are called like Hot Hands or something. They self warm and stay warm for about an hour. You can microwave a wet washcloth and then wrap that around the Hot Hands packet and it should be good for a while.

FlyHigher,
Make does work. But u need a very good quality make up. And don't just use powder, liquid, or concealer by themselves. U need to use all three separately. Drug stores' make up isn't gonna fly. Your gonna need department store name brands. Don't have the money? Thrn use the samples! And don't forget that our skin is a lot different of a color than the rest of our skin is. So try a few out.
Can I ask where they are? Because if it's on the inside of your arm, then I wouldn't worry about it too much. That's where mine are. And it doesn't look bad at all. We tend to think they are A LOT worse than they actually are because we are self conscious.
My second recommendation would be tanning. Either in the sun, or a tanning salon. Plus it gives an added bonus! Heat makes your veins pop. Ever notice how they look when u get out of the shower?
They also have self tanning lotions u can pick up at ANY of the drug/grocery stores. Self tanners can also be bought for cheap online as well. Just be careful and read the reviews of the self tanners. They tend to make light complexities orange!
Well, I hope this was a help to ya, make sure u tell us how u made out & good luck!!!

I recently missed most of a shot of subtext the about 5 mg. kinda in odd spot but its a little over my knew on the inside. i feel the lump. what would be the best way from keeping it from getting infected or worse? apply heat or cold or both? anything i can also put on the area?

Heat, cold, it won't do shit either way. Gently massage the tissue, stretching it towards your body and relaxing while you move your hand back. More extravasate will get pulled into lymphatic vessels that way.

Does anyone know what the name of otc hirudoid cream is, or where it could be purchased online?

Recently shot into the same site on my right forearm several times, the first day it was registering with a nice red plume, next day (possibly bc of dehydration) it was more of a dark dark red... jellyfish tentacle looking shape.

Anyway, the last shot definitely did that spot in, it's red, swollen, tender. The thing that is freaking me out is that its *soft*, as if filled with liquid. Not at all like the lumps and bumps that have come from missing with heroin or even coke. (The substance I injected on that last one was meth. I don't think the whole thing missed, but even if it all entered at a good spot I'm pretty sure I tore up the vein by repositioning over and over, so a portion at least leaked out into surrounding tissue.)
It's not particularly painful, tender maybe, and there's no localized warmth. I'm looking for indications that it's an infected abscess and if so, do I absolutely have to get on antibiotics/have it lanced and all that? I'm sure there's some of you who have lived through the life cycle of an abscess without seeking medical care.. does it significantly alter healing time/scarring between going to the ER and not?
Anyway, once I noticed that this site was different than what I was used to, I applied triple antibiotic ointment, hot compress followed by cold compress followed by a gauze wrap soaked in witch hazel overnight (thank you dognasher, this tip seriously helped speed up the recovery of a huge lump in my bicep in just one night.) Honestly it doesn't look or feel much different today.

Any other suggestions, insights?

I have torn up veins from compulsively repositioning and I got the same weird mushy vein. It's from the leaking and also from ripping your vein to shreds. Massage it to spread out the fluid and wait it out. If it gives off heat or gets red and inflamed then get worried. From my experience I really tweak out on any lumps or bumps when I am shooting stims. With heroin I could give a fuck. But I always freaked out with coke. Never shot meth. That might be the end of me! I always wanted to try it because I hate redosing a zillion times with coke but I love the rush from IV stims and I know I would end up tweaked out of my mind on the streets if I started meth.

Do you shoot meth often or just when you're tired of coke? I was just curious as to how it feels compared to slamming coke. Don't worry, I'm never gonna try it. I don't even know where to get that shit around here, thank god. :) Sorry to derail the thread. Feel free to PM me if you want.

What are your best suggestions for faster healing of the injection spot?
Cold compresses seem to work best for me, as well as some ointments made from propolis and chanterelle

I just experienced 3 days of the exact sickness..im better now but still scared.how are you doing now?

i have very few locations that i can inject so i rotate but just between these places and my bloods always been thick
but lately its been thicker then usual and now whenever i do a shot it registers but EXTREMLY slow, and i havent got the taste of the meth after injecting
and ive had weird headaches for the past couple days every time i do a shot it feels like pressure, throbbing, sometimes like somethings crawling under my scalp
and my arms (where i inject) get tired very easily and theres a weird throbbing in different spots that comes and goes
and the muscles in my legs have been cramping and staying stiff and feel very heavy when i try to walk
Whats going on.?

i have very few locations that i can inject so i rotate but just between these places and my bloods always been thick
but lately its been thicker then usual and now whenever i do a shot it registers but EXTREMLY slow, and i havent got the taste of the meth after injecting
and ive had weird headaches for the past couple days every time i do a shot it feels like pressure, throbbing, sometimes like somethings crawling under my scalp
and my arms (where i inject) get tired very easily and theres a weird throbbing in different spots that comes and goes
and the muscles in my legs have been cramping and staying stiff and feel very heavy when i try to walk
Whats going on.?
Have you tried drinking more water? I am not even gonna ask about your diet. :D

So last night i did my usual shot and halfway through i guess the tip of my needle either pushed through a tiny bit or came out all the way. I only injected a tiny amount outside the vein. But today it is really sore and painful to extend my arm out and stuff like that. It's not hot to the touch but very very tender and there is definitely a lump deeper than it is closer to my skin the size of a dime. Is this an abscess?

So last night i did my usual shot and halfway through i guess the tip of my needle either pushed through a tiny bit or came out all the way. I only injected a tiny amount outside the vein. But today it is really sore and painful to extend my arm out and stuff like that. It's not hot to the touch but very very tender and there is definitely a lump deeper than it is closer to my skin the size of a dime. Is this an abscess?
A septic abscess will typically take longer to develope. If it gets worse throughout the next day (and the days past that obviously), you should go see a doctor. In case your temperature rises significantly, go to the ER immediately.

As of now there is no symptom that clearly points towards a septic process unless you know your shot was contaminated.

I recently missed a subutex shot only three units but it burn really bad now there is a purple bruise about 3 inches round and is very sore but it is not swelling any suggestions

This has been a helpful thread. I just started shooting some dillies 3 weeks ago. I HAVE to use my hands. I don't have shit in my arms. Even a pro at dr missed the one in crook of my arm. I tried for forearm tonight but nothing. My hands are all beat to shit but I always minimalize damage by putting pressure on site and coating it with neosporin. I know I'm creating scars for life but oh well. There's the celiac or something like that vein that runs down side of wrist. I can barely see it but I shaved a little bit and it's more clear. Might try there later. My prob is getting blood in the plunger or should I say registering a vein. Usually it just comes in on its own if I'm in. For some reason a fat vein I've never seen before was in my thumb last night and I hit it and it was absolutely wonderful!!! I don't know what it hit me that hard but it did. I read about all these things that could happen and it really makes me want to stop. I've got ton little lumps and rash looking thing but they go away fast. Right now I just love it a lot but I'll stop when the mystique runs out. Thanks for the thread. Very informative!! Be safe you all

had anyone tried to inject into there penis vain...ain't trying to be funny my gains are blown and very desperate......yeah I said the ole penisvain

Status
Not open for further replies.