• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Injection; IV Complications and Info MEGATHREAD & FAQ III Vs I Want Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds like you have some clotting in the vein. To prevent this you need to apply direct pressure to the injection site immediately after EVERY injection. It will prevent veinous damage and other complications that can rest from clots. And it needs to be for five minutes...this is for svachme. I still need to figure out how to quote haha.

Last edited:
Cheers for your reply my hand is sore from the gunk but seems to be getting heaps better.

Cheers for your reply my hand has healed heaps. I was using the filters that came in the sharp kit they are like roll your own filters. I really dont know what I'm doing its coming out to thick and you can't draw back. I think I'm fucking the needle with continuous filtering.

I cant get the pill to dissolve with cold water any suggestions?

Cheers

Cheers for your reply my hand has healed heaps. I was using the filters that came in the sharp kit they are like roll your own filters. I really dont know what I'm doing its coming out to thick and you can't draw back. I think I'm fucking the needle with continuous filtering.

I cant get the pill to dissolve with cold water any suggestions?

Cheers
Don't inject it. If it will not break up in cool water you don't want to mess with injecting the solution. All of those particles getting into your bloodstream is asking for trouble.

It sounds like you have some clotting in the vein. To prevent this you need to apply direct pressure to the injection site immediately after EVERY injection. It will prevent veinous damage and other complications that can rest from clots. And it needs to be for five minutes...this is for svachme. I still need to figure out how to quote haha.

Makes sense.. it occurs exclusively in spots I've been using. On the other hand I'd expect it to come back clear if there was no flow, but I'll try applying pressure from now on. Obviously I shouldn't be reusing sites... but after 12 years, including several years of reusing until the marks wore off while shooting coke dozens and dozens of times daily (in some parts of FL pharmacies won't sell, or only sell $30 boxes, and no needle exchange for 500+ miles, and had no credit card to buy online), when I finally do find a site it's so hard to invest the 30-90minutes to look for a new one. It's nice being in NYC now with nearby unlimited free needles and naloxone and all that.. I might go ask them too. The thing on my arm is now hard and red around the edges, but still not warm (even the red edges), but the pain has faded somewhat.

Also, to quote... next to 'reply' on a post, there's 'quote'.. click it %)

I figured out how to quote now:) l know exactly what you were talking about as soon as l read it...applying pressure also prevents bruising. I know what you mean having to reuse spots, females don't have those bulging bicep veins, and l am unwilling to use femoral, feet, hands etc. Complications are more common in those areas. With proper technique veins will remain usable. Speaking only for heroin...not injecting meth, pills and some of the other crazy shit l read about on here!

Any tips for holding the syringe in those awkward places? I tend to hold the syringe near the end with my pinky and ring finger and thumb, and use my middle and index to pull back to register with and then plunge with one or the other.. it seems much harder to do this hitting those outer veins, unless I point in the wrong direction.. other not so good ways Ive done it is basically hamfisting it with my pinky and ring and using my thumb and index to operate the plunger, but that seems even worse in this case
Butterflies. I use butterflies for those large 12ml injections. :D

I always use my pointer to push the plunger. use my thumb and middle finger to hold. sometimes I use the one next to my middle finger to hold while I'm checking for blood. So i push back and forth with my pointer and middle finger, like I'm sure many people tend to do. I sometimes use my pinky just to hold the syringe. But that is very rare. I mean, sure I use it for extra support, but it's not a must. But I always use my main arm/inner elbow vein. So I'm in and out. Quick hits. And I IV H most of the time. When I used to IV coke or meth, I would go slower, I mean, once I'm sure I'm in a vein, I push the plunger kind of quick because those substances makes your veins restrict. So I check if i'm in like 2 or 3 times when banging those 2. Because missing a hit of meth is not something you want to do. Your arm will def. feel the pain. Coke you don't want to miss just because of the rush. You want to make sure you're getting most of what you put in. sort of make sure you're getting your money's worth. But with dope. The veins don't constrict, So once i'm in, I know i'm in all the way through. I sometimes check a second time when I'm at the 10ml mark to make sure i'm still in. I usually bang 2 bags, with 40mls of water. So I pull back a little to make sure i'm in, and once I'm in, it's a slow hit all the way in. But the whole process for me sometimes takes less than a minute. It's because I don't shoot everyday. and now that i'm in a meth program, I sometimes use just once or twice a month. So my veins are always fresh. Something that was a problem when I was using waaaay more often.

Hey guys, so got a question
Been using h on and off (mostly on) the last five years or so, snorting. There was a brief period about two years ago (about six months) when I was injecting, and a few random one off times, but mostly just stick to snorting. So this past monday I was only able to get my hands on a small amount, 2 stamp bags, and since ive using kind of moderately lately and my tolerance has been rising, I had my friend hit me. Right arm, crook the elbow vein. Vein registered, dark red blood, felt the rush, definitely not a miss, or an artery, and is now going on five days since injection. Arm looks (and looked) completely fine from the injection on, no pain, no bump, lump, swelling, redness, etc, in fact at this point you cant even see where the injection mark was. But as I suffer from very high anxiety and hypochondria (one reason I tend to stay away from shooting in the first place), ive been freaking myself out. My arm has just been kind of sore (I used the syringe once before about two weeks back, 30gauge), and every now and then I feel a hard to describe sensation, I wouldnt call it a burning or tingling feeling, more like a pins and needles esque sensation, and an occasional "pressure" I can only really describe as being able to "feel that part of my arm" without touching it if that makes any sense? Again, no pain, no lump, no visible problem of any kind at all. Could it just be all in my head and anxiety and me fixation on it that's causing these symptoms? Or should I maybe go see a doctor? Its been almost five days since the shot, wouldnt any direct problem from say maybe the cuts or the injection itself would of manifested by now? Possible he might of hit a nerve? Any answers and or advice would help. Definitely never sticking a needle in me again for the foreseeable future (never say never I suppose). Thanks guys. Amazing what y'all do here

Probably the hypochondria mate, doubt it's anything to worry about. I've shot up a few times, and so long as I have registered and used my favored hand to shoot there have been no problems. It's a dangerous fucking game though, I'd like to try it with more stimulants particularly cocaine and meth but the last time I did it with coke scared the shit out of me to be honest. Seems like such a fine line between death and glory and I'm not wanting to be dead in a box just yet.

Yea I absolutely agree. Just seems like such a thin line that personally, Id rather just stick to snorting until I can finally kick the shit for good. I just dont have the personality for shooting drugs, I over react and freak myself out over everything. Yet the whole reason I have abused drugs the last ten years has been to self medicate my anxiety, depression and hppd. Just one of those circles of life I guess

Any one else out there with a lot of injecting experience care to shed some light or advice on my situation? (Not that I dont appreciate your response Sid, I most certainly do! Guess just part of my hypochondria, always wanna hear from as many as I can lol) thanks again

Completely agree with you man. I've IV'd probably 8 times (all with cocaine 50-75mg) and I would rather stick to snorting. Even smoking just doesn't seem so hit and miss, and I registered every shot before injecting. It's more the hit, your talking a few mg between what is ringer material and what is heart attack on a plate. I love the preparation of the needle with proper medical syringes and anti bacterial water, but it's so damn dodgy man one batch almost felt like I'd done too much at those amounts most of the others never or only just provided a bit of a ringer. I feel like some batches 150mg would not be enough whereas others 75mg will blow your socks off and this is talking from various sources of cocaine flakes. Never injected h but I have tried it and as far as I'm aware it is less dangerous than cocaine is IV'd other than the chance of falling asleep for good. Chasing the ringer just doesn't seem like a good thing.

So im still obsessing and freaking myself over this, so im gonna go to the ER tomorrow just to be safe. Arm still looks completely fine, no problems at all, no pain at all, just the slight pressure sensation ive been having on and off, which i really think is my mind making me feel sensations because i keep worrying and obsessing over it, but Id much rather be safe then sorry.
In the meantime until tmw, if anyone can throw any advice and/or experience my way, it would be greatly appreciated.Thanks again

In CA with the drought and all I just don't have it in me to run hot water on my IV sites. Hot compresses (rag soaked in hot water ) cool off in seconds. I need to do something though - after an IV coke binge and my arms are beyond messed up. I do have an ice pack that I could just set on my arm. Is this better than nothing?

Phobic - if you miss a shot of coke a hot compress is best to spread the drug out and dissolve it so it doesn't get infected, after a huge binge cold is okay - I used to soak ace bandages in ice cold witch hazel and go to bed with them wrapped snugly around my arms. It feels good, and will keep the swelling and redness down.

God, nothing like coming down from a bender and realizing your arms are like hamburger. I still have BAD tracks on my hands and I haven't used in a couple weeks.

Seriously though, try the ace bandage trick. It works wonders.

Phobic - if you miss a shot of coke a hot compress is best to spread the drug out and dissolve it so it doesn't get infected, after a huge binge cold is okay - I used to soak ace bandages in ice cold witch hazel and go to bed with them wrapped snugly around my arms. It feels good, and will keep the swelling and redness down.

Ok, what is your suggestion on creating a hot compress that stays hor for more than 30-60 seconds without having to get up and re-soak it?

Ok so I went to the ER few days ago jus to make sure, they looked at my arm and said it looked absolutely fine, and that most likely im just freaking myself out lol. Which made me feel better, this coming monday will be two weeks since the injection, but this whole thing really has made me realize how insane my hypochondriac has gotten because im still worrying about it a little, telling myself what if something is going on and they just didn't check good lol all they did was look at my arm, which looks fine, But what if something is brewing? Anyone know how quickly injections from injecting start after the actual shot? Like endocarditis, or other dangerous bacterial infections, since im coming up on two weeks since the shot with absolutely no symptoms am I fine? Would any form of infection have started/shown symptoms by two weeks? Im sure im fine, just having a hard time shaking the anxiety amd worry over it. Thanks again guys

Ok so I went to the ER few days ago jus to make sure, they looked at my arm and said it looked absolutely fine, and that most likely im just freaking myself out lol. Which made me feel better, this coming monday will be two weeks since the injection, but this whole thing really has made me realize how insane my hypochondriac has gotten because im still worrying about it a little, telling myself what if something is going on and they just didn't check good lol all they did was look at my arm, which looks fine, But what if something is brewing? Anyone know how quickly injections from injecting start after the actual shot? Like endocarditis, or other dangerous bacterial infections, since im coming up on two weeks since the shot with absolutely no symptoms am I fine? Would any form of infection have started/shown symptoms by two weeks? Im sure im fine, just having a hard time shaking the anxiety amd worry over it. Thanks again guys

I share your fear of bacterial infections. It's not the main reason I quit IV drugs, but it's a good one. Then again, when I was addicted to fentanyl (and heroin) I was shooting with the same rig multiple times, and was shooting up to 20 times per day (fentanyl, very short half life, very cheap from the right source...), so I probably had reason to hypochondriac over possibly getting endocarditis, because I did some sketchy shots lol...

But yea I got an echocardiogram done about a week ago (It's been a month since I last injected, and only heroin about 6 times in the last 3 months, that fentanyl stint was about 5 months ago :p), and my hearts all good. I also wore a holter monitor for 24 hours, because I constantly have these odd persistent chest pains, but that came back fine as well. I think hypochondria and IV drugs just definitely don't mix lol, maybe take this as a chance to put the needle down for good.

I also got a Hep-C and HIV blood tests, and am negative on all fronts. So I got out of this crazy addiction unscathed, besides a few little scars on my crooks that are pretty hard to see. I feel lucky. I hope I can stay clean.
I have every plan in the world to.

Anyways, I'd say you are probably perfectly fine. If you had a blood infection, you would know it by now. Your entire body would be in serious pain, you wouldn't be able to walk, you'd be delirious. As far as endocarditis, I don't know, that's a tricky one, because I've read it can take a while for symptoms to show up. If you're really worried, go get an echocardiogram done, that's how they diagnose endocarditis, specifically state you have used IV drugs so that they are looking for endocarditis.

I guess I'm spoiled cause Canada has free health care so the echo and the holter monitor, and blood tests were all free for me. If it cost me decent money, I don't think I would have done it, but I'd still be worrying about it now.

The hypochondria is real.

It was only after I got clean that my hypochondria really flared up though lol, because being clean and thinking back to all the sketchy shit I did... Oh lord, the anxiety.

Last edited:
Appreciate the response man, yea I definitely know exactly what ya mean about worrying about your past using streak after getting clean, the anxiety is enough alone to drive ya right back to using. But yea im sure im fine, I dont know if ya read my original post up the page a bit, but yea I normally just snort my dope, the shot I had my friend administer to me almost two weeks ago was the first and only time ive injected anything in over a year, so I seriously doubt anything is wrong. Just because my arm was feeling a tad sore from it for the first week, although no abcess signs, no pain, lumps bumps redness swelling, aka nothing lol, I was just freaking out over it and couldn't stop fixation on it. But see how fast my brain goes from worrying about the injection site itself, my arm, to getting it checked out, right to a blood infection/heart complication, that's fucking sick lol. Just another day in the life I guess, huh

Appreciate the response man, yea I definitely know exactly what ya mean about worrying about your past using streak after getting clean, the anxiety is enough alone to drive ya right back to using. But yea im sure im fine, I dont know if ya read my original post up the page a bit, but yea I normally just snort my dope, the shot I had my friend administer to me almost two weeks ago was the first and only time ive injected anything in over a year, so I seriously doubt anything is wrong. Just because my arm was feeling a tad sore from it for the first week, although no abcess signs, no pain, lumps bumps redness swelling, aka nothing lol, I was just freaking out over it and couldn't stop fixation on it. But see how fast my brain goes from worrying about the injection site itself, my arm, to getting it checked out, right to a blood infection/heart complication, that's fucking sick lol. Just another day in the life I guess, huh

Yea you're definitely fine by the way, I read your original post and you don't have anything to worry about IMO. Yea hypochondria sucks :(. I know the feels.

Status
Not open for further replies.