• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Impending and past purchases to appease the shopping gods

Maybe one day. The one I have is still awesome :)

why to nz to do that? you can do it here and paraglide, they do it off the head land here over the ocean. Looks pretty mad. There's also some dude who brings this thing down the beach with a seat on it and a propeller thing on the back and he cranks it up and flies up and down the beach, he goes pretty high too. Looks sick.
Paragliding is not quite the same as hangliders. They are similar, and probably would be fun as well, however hangliders are faster, requiring more forward speed to attain lift. Also they are more manoeuvrable and more direct, if you know what I mean. It's possible to loop the loop with a hanglider, not so with a wing. So, I guess Paragliding are more "passive". I think it's a bit of a holden/ford thing. Pros and cons to each.
As to the powered one, looks fun also, but detracts from the purity of flying. Gliding of any form is about reading the wind currents and using them for lift.
Yes, I could do it in Australia, the time of year is actually marginal in both temperate regions and the tropics. Just starting to get cool in NZ and still unstable due to cyclonic activity in the north. However, my brother was a mad keen flyer in NZ, and left behind two sons who have the passion as well, and the older one is keen to do the course with me, after seeing his young brother learning with my bro's mates during the weekends while he has a job.
So, yea I also have an excuse to go stay with an ex girlfriend during the course, and when I come back, armed with a licence and brimming with enthusiasm, I can then sojourn in a northerly direction and ride the tropical thermals on the popular spots of fnq.
One of the best places in the country is in the hinterland of the Gold Coast, I believe, one of my brothers mates is moving from Queenstown to there to operate a training facility so, hopefully will get to that.

^ Oh nice, that sounds great. I'm sure it will be a fantastic time.

regarding the hinterland of the GC, I wouldnt be surprised, I know I have seen the para gliders over the hinter land areas of Byron Bay (around inland of Mullum) and would think there are probably people doing hang gliding as well.

1960062_720114564697723_371199076_n.jpg

edit -

is this the one you like klue, that goes for 250?

1975172_10202996084355534_382366345_n.jpg

Looks pretty similar I think...

Last edited:
Nice! You have one or a pipe dream? It's taken me a coupla months, but I think I almost have my head around how to drive these g-shocks now...

Nah I don't have one of those, but I'd love one! I think they are new, as I follow g shock on FB and it was posted recently, they keep pumping out the new designs and features. If I am ever really well off, i'll buy a heap of them. 2 is enough for me at the moment tho.

All this talk about watches....here I am patiently awaiting delivery of my Neptune Pine :p

___347831.jpg

Spewing, after going without a watch for several years, I bought my G-shock in December... last month at home, I was rummaging through some old boxes that I hadn't unpacked when moving a couple of years ago and found my old Sieko dive watch, which I have had since me and adam were hangin out in the bush with no clothes on...well, not spewing that I found it, I was actually pretty happy about that, I actually thought that I had left it some jewellers that I had taken it to to get a new battery. So now I have two watches again... but I think I need to get a new band for the seiko, as it has one of those nylon strap bands, which is perfect for when you do a lot of diving, as they make the pins double redundant in the event of a failure.
But they certainly do not look smart, just functional...

I like the look of seiko watches. They dive ones are the best! The one I would want is a good 5 or 6 hundred dollars though.

I put my latest purchase as my profile pic and recently stumbled on this thread (not very computer wise, don't know how to post pics using url links), a 10 box of H. Upmann magnum 50's...I love Cuban cigars.

not very computer wise, don't know how to post pics using url links

If you are on a computer it is like this, copy the url from the pic you wont to post, click on that little icon above in that line of things where the txt and bold and quote etc are and select the one that looks like a picture of a tree in a square, if you hover over it it says 'insert image' then when you click on it a box comes up and then paste the url into that and click ok or whatever and post and bingo. If you are on a phone, stuffed if I know :)

I've never smoked a cigar, and I'm not sure I really ever wont to, it's taken me 20 odd yrs to give up on tobacco out of my life and I wont to keep it that way.

congrats on giving up the nicotine. that shit is shit imvho.

I gave up the ciggies a year ago and reward myself with the odd cigar on special occasions.
I know its still smoking but you don't inhale cigars into your lungs so its not so bad, supposedly the study that the Oz government conducted a couple years ago that all the stats on ciggie packs are based on found that one cigar a week does not impact on your health anywhere close to regular ciggie smoking, I know their not good for you but that was the reward for me giving up the ciggies.
On another note I have a nice Seiko chronograph watch thats pretty cool...another Seiko lover here.
Oh yeah, and thanks for the help on posting pics poledriver.

Last edited:
I'm bad for impulse buying, I started playing golf and fishing...I now own every piece of crap you do and don't need for these hobbies/sports?...I'm a sucker.

Get a big bertha driver, they are awesome.

We have a fishing thread here in Aus Social, post some pics of your gear or your catches :)

speaking of fishing, Im waiting to pick up a new 18hp 2stoke tohatsu for my tinnie that I bought last week.. got givin some marks 3-4 mile out which are full of snapper and crays so cant wait to pick her up as I only got a 5er on the back at the moment

and while were on the fishing thing, we caught 320kg of western rock lobster yesterday :)

What a score man, gotta work tonight otherwise I'd be heading to your place for dinner!