Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Impending and past purchases to appease the shopping gods

Klue

Bluelight Crew
There was a popular thread, here in Aus Social about cool things you wanted to buy. Lets let this thread serve as a revised edition of that, and a thread about cool things you have just bought. Things on the horizon and things you have already forked out for. It could be as simple as a Bonds singlet that you want to buy to be comfortable around the house as the weather warms up, or as fancy as a pair of Versace sunnies you have been watching on ebay for the last few weeks. Post it! And be proud!

Technically the last thing I bought was two boxes of cereal, a container of sundried tomatoes and a tray of lamb steaks, but yesterday I bought something pretty cool. A Maglite XL50. It's the third maglite I have and a good contributor to my collection of gear. I tried it out last night, it's a bright little thing. Here is a pic I found on google.

zp1l.jpg

Probably, maybe or will definitely buy a Casio GAC-100-8 soon. Have had a big thing for GShock watches for years, ever since I caught up with a good mate of mine who was wearing his military issued one. They are awesome!

210ym36.jpg

Finally, I'm open to what this thread should be titled. Impending purchases might give some bluelighters the wrong idea if you know what I mean :D

Been looking at some G Shocks, that looks pretty sweet.

Last thing I bought of note was a Citizen eco drive.I'll have to get back to you with a pic.
I want to buy a new mini mal now the waters warming up again.

After walking to my bike last week to find it had a flat, its time to buy some tyres. Luckily I found that it's a slow leak and took about a week to deflate. It was the first time I was able to jump on the bike for over a week since I had to play nurse maid to my wife and 2 kids as they were all struck down from a bout of gastro at different days over a week or so. I was planning to buy some tyres in the next couple of months since tread was getting low anyway.

I'm glad I can see still buy them from overseas for about half price including priority air shipping, fluff the Aussie distributors who want to charge an arm and a leg extra than RRP plus shipping for them. And even if it was a dead flat, 3 days wait isn't the end of the world for savings like I am getting.

Pirelli_Diablo_Rosso_Corsa.jpg

I want this:
2u63b7l.jpg

Talking about G-Shocks, my lovely girl gave me this:
15pog1z.jpg

Only last week too.
Heh, Most expensive thing I own.

Bought two Leatherman Freestyles the other day, am expecting them in the mail soon.

27zhu1j.jpg

Wow those leathermen have really come on from when I last had one, back in 92.. a very useful bit of kit!

The missus is buying a rear spoiler for my 86
41251635359135117751055.jpg

Last edited:
Cool toys. I have a G shock too :) Although not nearly as nice as those two above, I do like it, been wearing it for a few yrs now, it's a basic one with all digital display.

1461111_653978687977978_1417005695_n.jpg

[video=youtube_share;QmGuMqGCW_8]http://youtu.be/QmGuMqGCW_8[/video]

The first one I may get sometime when my current one dies, and the second one is just a dream :D

I'd say a white gshock would get pretty grubby. I'd buy a red one or blue one though.

As much as I love scouring ebay for cheap gshocks, I just don't commit myself because the bands aren't as long as I would like. I really need to try them on in a shop, my wrist is too big to risk it :)

Probably a good point about the white. Maybe just a wear out at night watch. I have a black one. And as you said I have sussed ebay and thought about buying a couple, but always prefer trying them on as well. My black one must have a big band, or maybe I just have skinny wrists (I am a bit skinny generally I guess) as mine has like 7 more holes after the one I use.

577546_653971994645314_1265984990_n.jpg

There are so many good G shocks. If I was a millionaire or whatever I rekon I'd have quite the collection hehe.

Have you seen the G Shock FB page klue?

https://www.facebook.com/GShockAus

I've had my one and only G-Shock for about 4 years now and haven't had one issue with it. The only thing that sometimes happens is when Im in the water it will slightly fog up under the glass, but it seems to go away pretty quickly and hasn't seemed to have caused any other problems.

I wanted to collect them too, but the size thing for me sucks :)

Thanks for the link, there wasnt an Australian Gshock fb page when I seached a few years ago and followed the US page.