Ibogaine - taking the leap Monday

I experienced that the effect of powerful psychedelics can bring about a spectacular psycholgical transformation, powerful enough to banish the addiction but I've always been cautious about believing that it (Ibogaine) could, without exception, be a magic bullet for the physical effects - but lets not be nitpicking - if you've lost the desire to use you've been granted a gift & the sickness is just a passing inconvenenience such as influenza may be.

Good luck - you know if you need luck

I experienced that the effect of powerful psychedelics can bring about a spectacular psycholgical transformation, powerful enough to banish the addiction but I've always been cautious about believing that it (Ibogaine) could, without exception, be a magic bullet for the physical effects - but lets not be nitpicking - if you've lost the desire to use you've been granted a gift & the sickness is just a passing inconvenenience such as influenza may be.

Good luck - you know if you need luck

I have seen psychedelics alter the choice to do a drug for any common addiction reasons permanenantly. That's why it's important to want a change when you do one, and be aware that many of them are completely unpleasant (Like Ibogaine).

I am trying Ibogaine for sure.

YHoly moly, it must be pretty bad w/d, right? It just does not fit my preconceived post-ibogaine notion, afterglow vision, of healthy living and treating my body with care???!?
Either do w/ds!

Me either, thus the apparent surprise in my post.

I went to the doctor Tuesday (she knows, was nervous about the Ibogaine idea, but, as she said "risky... but it's better than doing what you've been doing."

Fifteen days. Better than I was on Day 14, but still lethargic, leg / thigh muscle discomfort especially at night. Like you said, I had a different image of post-Ibogaine world. I understand that what I'm going through may not be typical -- I'm told 2 weeks is the usual outside limit, but my ass remains kicked. I may have picked something up in Tijuana...?

And yes, I'm grateful that I'm not having thoughts. It's weird -- I don't know how to describe it. It's like having a tooth pulled -- you think it's there and can feel the socket with your tongue, but it's not there. Like I said, hard to explain. But I am grateful. No liquid handcuffs, no Suboxone, no Naltrexone implant, and no dope thoughts. Weird indeed. Especially when I hear trigger songs (The World I Know by Collective Soul) or when I've seen (like in Ibogaine documentaries) syringes. First time in a long, long time that there's no jones associated with it.

The question, of course, is whether it will last. I was clean for 18 years (between 1983 and 2001), then have been back and forth for the last 8 - put together a few months or a year, then relapse. Time will tell whether the opiate receptors are actually cleansed / reset forever. I hope so.

At this point, I'd still recommend Ibogaine treatment, but to a more educated consumer than I was.

good for u that u got no cravings. Soon enough u'll be completely normal and healthy.

Thank you for this thread! I am going back and forth on the idea of trying ibogaine. I really think it could be good for me, but psychedelics are extremely scary for me too. I am kind of worried about the lethargy afterwards, because I work three jobs and have to be functional for all of them - I can take a week, maybe two weeks off tops but it might put me in the hole financially.

I'd rather have it eliminate cravings than withdrawals... w/ds are temporary, cravings are not. I wonder how long they will stay away for? Forever? Could that be?? Ibogaine is really confusing I don't understand it at all even after reading this first hand account of what its list.

Yeah me too. I've read a bit about ibogaine and seen 2-3 documentaries but I still don't get how it's different than any other psychedelic. Obviously it's kind of it's own beast but like from a pharmacological perspective, does anyone know why it works so well? Does it really clear out your receptors/body of the opiate? or is it just the psychedelic experience that makes you feel that way? Or do you just piss/shit/vomit/sweat everything out of your system?

I'd like to see a comparison study where different patients gets the exact same treatment (healthy food, coffee enema, therapy, strong desire to get clean, strong belief that it will work, trip guidance, etc) with different psychedelics (that could safely be consumed at doses high enough to create a similar trip duration as ibogaine). I just don't understand why some people think ibogaine is the magic bullet. From what little I know about this it seems like most psychedelics with the same treatment and set/setting would yield the same results.

In short I think any strong psychedelic experience + the belief that it will work + the strong desire to get clean + the same treatment would equal a similar result.

Or is there some particular thing that ibogaine does that no other psychedelic does? Or maybe just because it's not scheduled in Canada and Mexico?

Anyway sorry to get sort of off topic but great job getting clean man!!! This is just one hurdle in a long race, but be proud of what you've accomplished. It seems like you know what you have to do and shit, if you had 18 years clean, you can definitely do it again plus some more years. :) just keep pushing on with the good life. and watch out for that bitch heroin's temptation...she's a sneaky whore, don't let her fool you again.

^Ibogaine mas active metabolites that apparently work in similar ways to nicotine and intereact with opiate receptors; they have a huge halflife. I believe their is also some SSRI action, but I could be wrong....

Thanks for sharing Coke Monger; a very interesting journey to take us on. I wish you all the best! :) <3

Yeah me too. I've read a bit about ibogaine and seen 2-3 documentaries but I still don't get how it's different than any other psychedelic. Obviously it's kind of it's own beast but like from a pharmacological perspective, does anyone know why it works so well? Does it really clear out your receptors/body of the opiate? or is it just the psychedelic experience that makes you feel that way? Or do you just piss/shit/vomit/sweat everything out of your system?

I'd like to see a comparison study where different patients gets the exact same treatment (healthy food, coffee enema, therapy, strong desire to get clean, strong belief that it will work, trip guidance, etc) with different psychedelics (that could safely be consumed at doses high enough to create a similar trip duration as ibogaine). I just don't understand why some people think ibogaine is the magic bullet. From what little I know about this it seems like most psychedelics with the same treatment and set/setting would yield the same results.

In short I think any strong psychedelic experience + the belief that it will work + the strong desire to get clean + the same treatment would equal a similar result.

Or is there some particular thing that ibogaine does that no other psychedelic does? Or maybe just because it's not scheduled in Canada and Mexico?

Anyway sorry to get sort of off topic but great job getting clean man!!! This is just one hurdle in a long race, but be proud of what you've accomplished. It seems like you know what you have to do and shit, if you had 18 years clean, you can definitely do it again plus some more years. :) just keep pushing on with the good life. and watch out for that bitch heroin's temptation...she's a sneaky whore, don't let her fool you again.

I suggest jumping on You Tube and watching Ibogaine: Rite of Passage, the documentary. Ibogaine was discovered (for our purposes, anyway) by a guy named Howard Lostsof who was experimenting with psychedelics (before they were illegal... 1963). He was also a dope fiend with a habit of several years.

When he came down from the Ibogaine, his habit had disappeared - physically and mentally. No w/d and no urges. And Howard had done lots and lots of acid.

If eating 1/4 sheet of Mickey Mouse was all that was required, it'd be known by now. Ibogaine is different - it works on several areas of the brain at once. I won't try to describe the effect it has on the mind while its working because you'd think I was crazy if I even went there. But, as someone who (like Lotsof) did my share of acid in the past, I can say with no doubt that Ibogaine is fundamentally different.

And, btw, now at day 20, still have lowered energy but it's coming back. Having also emailed and spoken to many others who underwent Ibogaine treatment, it does seem that either my experience is out of the ordinary or (which I'm thinking is more probable at this point), I picked something up virus-wise and doing so post-Ibogaine was a bad idea - the combination hasn't been good. Everyone else I've spoken to / emailed (15+ people) was wiped for 2-3 days and generally beat for about a week, with residual effects to 10 days or so.

^Perhaps its largely determined by level of usage? From what I can gather, you were using a lot....

Well done though, and thank Shiva for psychedelic drugs :)

Peace <3

Thanks swilow, I was looking for an answer like that. what an interesting plant

Best thing about it is that Ibogaine is found in quite a lot of plants/trees around the world. Your never too far from one :D

Best thing about it is that Ibogaine is found in quite a lot of plants/trees around the world. Your never too far from one :D

Found in quite a few plants around the world? Interesting.... do you have a source for that (and a list of plants where it's found)? I thought it was only from the one bush in West Africa.

^Perhaps its largely determined by level of usage? From what I can gather, you were using a lot....
Well done though, and thank Shiva for psychedelic drugs :)
Peace <3

Ummm, not sure what you mean - if it's a reference to doing enough LSD (or shrooms) being equal to doing Ibogaine, I continue to respectfully disagree. Having done both, I can say without hesitation that they are VERY different animals -- and I don't believe that doing any amount of acid (etc) would produce the Ibogaine effects (wiping out an opiate habit). Let me know if anyone has had a different experience. .... but I wouldn't suggest anyone experiment by waiting for opiate withdrawals and then taking a mass dose of LSD. Oh my does that sound like a recipe for unmitigated disaster.

This thread is so awesome.

Although i have to admit i'm kinda weirded out by the coffee enema thing.

For anyone Ibogaine fans (or those curious) Howard Lotsoff, the guy who discovered it (at least for our purposes) is now on FB - search for his name.

Great thread , I'm glad the treatment is working out for you

I would like to go through this just to get the cravings to go away

Would it be safe to do this in your home ?

Found in quite a few plants around the world? Interesting.... do you have a source for that (and a list of plants where it's found)? I thought it was only from the one bush in West Africa.

Nope, theres several species, Tabernanthe iboga (obviously), Tabernaemontana spp. and voacanga africana. I'm sure theres more though...

Ummm, not sure what you mean - if it's a reference to doing enough LSD (or shrooms) being equal to doing Ibogaine, I continue to respectfully disagree. Having done both, I can say without hesitation that they are VERY different animals -- and I don't believe that doing any amount of acid (etc) would produce the Ibogaine effects (wiping out an opiate habit)..

I more meant your level of dope usage- it seemed quite high, so perhaps you 'needed' another session with the plant.....

No other psychedelic has as many metabolites as ibogaine containing species, which accounts for its addiction halting potential, and apparent success :)

How are you travelling now?

^What is FB? Sorry, it's just not obvious to me and maybe others.

Facebook ;)

Only on page 2 but awesome thread :D
14.gif