Ibogaine - taking the leap Monday

^ Very right, and then tell the ER nurses your on something called Ibogaine. Haha that would be quiet a reaction.

Thank you for the thread. Best wishes to you and keep us updated on your journey!

Ibogaine is only found in appreciable concentrations in tabernanthe iboga..it is found in trace amounts in peschiera echinata, the voacanga genus (less than 0,02%), the anacampta genus, as well as callichia, creoceras, etc etc. All of these geni are members of the Tabernaemontana family and are pretty much confined to west africa. Most of these contain Voacanganine and other related alkaloids, similiar in structure to ibogaine but comparitively unknown in their pharmacological profile. Tabernanthe is the only viable source of ibogaine, which is terribly unfortunate. Ibogaines metabolite, noribogaine, has been shown to be a weak mu agonist, as well as a kappa and sigma agonist. This is why ibogaine makes withdrawal symptoms "disappear" for a few days. It is postulated that due to ibogaines liposolubilty it is stored in the bodies fat and as it is leached out it is metabolised to noribogaine, continually and gradually stimulating these opioid receptors in a nice and humane tapered fashion. But i think everyone agrees its pharmacology is more complex than just this and its deserves far more attention, please keep us updated coke monger! Its a shame it is so hard to come by....its total synthesis has been attempted a few times, requiring over a dozen steps and costing thousands of dollars per gram. Most of the ibogaine out there today is extracted from tabernanthe, with increasingly large amounts coming from a couple step synthesis from extracted voacanganine. And let us not forget the mysterious Indras extract......

One of the preferred methods for staving off death from Ibogaine is to use synthesised Ibogaine at a known dose as opposed to some extract from a plant of possibly uncertain origin and most likely varying potency.
So I was told anyway

yeah the "synthesised" ibogaine is almost always extracted and then rigorously purified...its the only economical way. total synthesis has only been done twice, and its totoally cost prohibitive. The iboga root bark can have up to 6%....but, more and more ibogaine is being synthesised from voacanganine, a 3 (i believe) step pathway. It is found in a few more plants than i bogaine....ibogaine itself is a beautifully complex molecule

Oh and always take a small test dose of 100mgs to see if you get a reaction to it - if you do get a reaction within say an hour then don not proceed with the rest of the dose.

Ibogaine is only found in appreciable concentrations in tabernanthe iboga..it is found in trace amounts in peschiera echinata, the voacanga genus (less than 0,02%), the anacampta genus, as well as callichia, creoceras, etc etc. All of these geni are members of the Tabernaemontana family and are pretty much confined to west africa. ......

Source said:
Tabernanthe iboga. This is the major source of ibogaine and is found in Gabon, mentioned above. Tabernanthe orientalis. This plant is now called Ervatamia orientalis, and is found in Western Australia. The leaves contain ibogaine, along with six minor alkaloids that are closely related, structurally.

http://www.donsmaps.com/sacredroot.html

Scroll down a bit....

wow, thanks swilow. i stand corrected, thats what im here for :D and dang, the australian iboga actually has usable concentrations, which is fantastic. My refs are old, the ibogaine project.....

CM-

Great story! Thanks for sharing it with us- I hope it helps others.
I'm glad its working out for you. It sounds like that was the best decision you've made for yourself.
I wish you good luck during the rest of your recovery. :)

wow, thanks swilow. i stand corrected, thats what im here for :D and dang, the australian iboga actually has usable concentrations, which is fantastic. My refs are old, the ibogaine project.....

I also suspect they will find ibogaine in a lot of plants- it just hasn't been looked for too much I believe.

:)

you think? god i hope so. Its a beautifully complex molecule, one that holds MUCH potential :D coke monger, hw bout an update?

I am very intruiged. For the past few weeks Ibogaine is all I have been thinking about.

CokeMonger, please let us know how you are doing.

Also, do you think that the trip was an intergral part of the experience?

The reason I ask is because there is a new drug called 18MC that is a derrivative of Ibogaine, minus the trip.

Also, what's up with price, am i looking at five grand if I want to do this?

also, i have heard some claim that dmt helped them quit opiates.

Hey Rock -

How am I doing? No opiate urges. I don't generally talk about it, but since you ask - I'm kind of in a "don't care" mode about it all. Not a good description.... Put it this way - if I were walking along train tracks and a train were coming and I had a split second to decide what to do, I doubt I'd jump out of the way. My fear of the potential spiritual consequences prevents me from doing more than toying with the idea of doing something actively, but don't think I'd have the instinct to jump away, either. I remind myself "it's all going to end someday anyway" - don't know why that thought gives me such solace, but it does.

I don't think Ibogaine has anything to do with it. Yeah, I've got a heroin-shaped hole in my soul, but Ibogaine seems like it "worked" in that, for the first time in my life since I was 19, it's not gnawing at the back of mind - guess I don't have to explain that one, y'all probably know what I mean. The other stuff may have had something to do with why I was attracted to opiates in the first place. Ibogaine never claimed to be a silver bullet. The idea of a voluntary return to slavery hasn't seriously crossed my mind.

<< Also, do you think that the trip was an integral part of the experience? >>

Can't say, my friend. If there's something else out there that does what Ibogaine does without the other effects (e.g., trip, kicking one's ass for a week, etc), I'm all for it. Keep us posted here.

And the cost, yeah. I'll be paying it off for a while, although I'm approaching the "break even" on what I would have spent on dope and coke. $5,500 was the least expensive I found - they run as high as $7,500. Plus your airfare to San Diego or Mexico, or Canada and misc expenses in getting there.

Hey man don't get down... at least you are fighting the good fight!!

I could not be more interested in a report on the Ibogaine experience... I pray it works for you!! It is such an intriguing thing, why it is so controlled by the US gov't is beyond comprehension with all the good it can (is supposed to) do.

Hey man don't get down... at least you are fighting the good fight!!

I could not be more interested in a report on the Ibogaine experience... I pray it works for you!! It is such an intriguing thing, why it is so controlled by the US gov't is beyond comprehension with all the good it can (is supposed to) do.

Define "... it works" ?

why it is so controlled by the US gov't is beyond comprehension with all the good it can (is supposed to) do.

12 step industry, Suboxone industry (BTW, they lose their patent next month, so cheaper generic will be available), Methadone industry, rehab industry. There's a lot of pressure behind curing it, but as of now there's a lot more pressure behind the pharmaceutical and other industries who profit off addiction.

From what I remember reading, in the late 90's the great US of A, allowed Ibogaine to be used in the country only by medical clinics (mainly places like NY had these clinics in hospitals). They quickly discovered that their rate of success was nearly nothing and Feds concluded that it didn't work and the clinics in the US stopped doing it.

It's not just about the money here, it's actually about pure ignorance. I believe the reason why the US's results were so quickly dismissed was because we as a typical modern Western society have never accepted psycho-therapy with the use of psychedelics as a proper way of recovery. More so, we have never really been taught on how to do it properly.

Of course the US medical clinical trials with Ibogaine failed, because 99% of American doctors know nothing about how to treat patients with Ibogaine. It's not just a drug someone takes and says "see ya later". There needs to be insight immediately after the treatment, namely proper therapy. This was not done, so Ibogaine was quickly brushed under the rug in the US, sadly to say.

Look at other psychedelics in the US media, like ayahuasca. It's actually legal now in New Mexico if you are a part of a church, you may legally drink ayahuasca. This isn't going to stop either and you know why? Because they are doing it RIGHT.

Healing through privative therapy actually takes a lot more insight than most Americans ever will have.

From what I remember reading, in the late 90's the great US of A, allowed Ibogaine to be used in the country only by medical clinics (mainly places like NY had these clinics in hospitals). They quickly discovered that their rate of success was nearly nothing and Feds concluded that it didn't work and the clinics in the US stopped doing it.

It's not just about the money here, it's actually about pure ignorance. I believe the reason why the US's results were so quickly dismissed was because we as a typical modern Western society have never accepted psycho-therapy with the use of psychedelics as a proper way of recovery. More so, we have never really been taught on how to do it properly.

Of course the US medical clinical trials with Ibogaine failed, because 99% of American doctors know nothing about how to treat patients with Ibogaine. It's not just a drug someone takes and says "see ya later". There needs to be insight immediately after the treatment, namely proper therapy. This was not done, so Ibogaine was quickly brushed under the rug in the US, sadly to say.

Look at other psychedelics in the US media, like ayahuasca. It's actually legal now in New Mexico if you are a part of a church, you may legally drink ayahuasca. This isn't going to stop either and you know why? Because they are doing it RIGHT.

Healing through privative therapy actually takes a lot more insight than most Americans ever will have.

Ummmmmm, wow - talk about something I've never heard before. To say the least.

Source on this?

.... On any of these claims? -- That there were clinical trials in NY in the 1990's? I thought the only clinical trials were in California and has a success rate much higher than other options and ..... well, quicker to just ask for a source on all of the claims.

Sorry about my previous post being confusing. I may have not said exactly what I meant to say. Anyhow, a brief look up of a page I studied earlier this year might have relevant information, again sorry for not having proper sources at the moment:

http://www.ibogaine.org/index.html