Ibogaine - taking the leap Monday

Define "... it works" ?

12 step industry, Suboxone industry (BTW, they lose their patent next month, so cheaper generic will be available), Methadone industry, rehab industry. There's a lot of pressure behind curing it, but as of now there's a lot more pressure behind the pharmaceutical and other industries who profit off addiction.

I really think it's quite absurd to think that the 12-step "industry" (if that's even the right word for it) has any hand in Ibogaine's controlled status. The pharmaceutical companies could play a part in that, as they do with many other substances. From what I've read, Ibogaine can be deadly at the therapeutic dose. This seems like a good enough reason as any to strictly control it. I don't agree that it's right, just trying to get into the heads of those who make these decisions.

With that said, this has been an extremely interesting thread. I'm probably going the Suboxone route to kick my dope habit, but it's always fascinating to read about these "underground" methods of getting clean. If anything, you walk away with an amazing story. Thanks for sharing.

CokeMonger, I really enjoyed your posts. I've read every one. I see your last post was a few weeks ago. Maybe leave another update? I really enjoy reading, and I really, really hope that the treatment has worked for you; and does in the long-er run.

You mentioned the opiate receptors resetting, or cleansing (or something along those lines) in the future. It was interesting to me, and I want to see if that does happen (excuse me if I missed a post clearing up that issue, I mostly read your posts.)

I really do hope everything works out for you. I am going to mention ibogaine treatment to a friend who has been clean on and off for the past few years, but has trouble truly staying clean. Best of luck!

I haven't been on much recently, but saw the request for an update.

I'm certainly less depressed these days - I don't know if the feelings in my prior post were related to Ibogaine or not. No dope urges -- which is still kind of weird to me. I was clean for several years, but it was always there, like a splinter in the mind, and now it's not.

I haven't been on much recently, but saw the request for an update.

I'm certainly less depressed these days - I don't know if the feelings in my prior post were related to Ibogaine or not. No dope urges -- which is still kind of weird to me. I was clean for several years, but it was always there, like a splinter in the mind, and now it's not.

Good to hear dude, never been in a situation like this but I can appreciate the work that someone has to go through to kick a life-long roller coaster habit.

Thanks for the update man; that is awesome!!!

I am happy for your success. I knew you had it in you. Keep it going strong!

:)<3=D

Good job bro, i'm starting another detox off heroin myself with the use of subs. I blew thru my savings in 2 weeks. Today i was almost robbed after traveling 2 hours to score a bag of dope to get well..it's just not worth it.

Oh wow--I wish I had seen this thread in August.

And I hope CokeMonger writes a trip report to add to the small collection we have in that forum. :)

For more info on ibogaine, theres a great Torrent around, serach google or h33t for "Iboga and Ibogaine Collection"

Tobala - write something on which thread? Shoot me a link and I will. I'm still very much an Ibogaine advocate.

Sorry I haven't logged on here recently... site doesn't have the same pull it did when I was getting high.

All's well. I guess I'm approaching six months with no dope. I've had six months before, but never had it like I do now. As I think I said earlier, even when I put some time together, the though of dope was always there ... like a splinter in my mind (to quote Morpheus). Any contact with it (seeing a syringe, reading about it, movies like Pulp Fiction or Requiem for a Dream) used to fuck with me big time. Today - no thoughts of opiates -- it's a weird new world; haven't known this for as long as I can remember.

Thanks for asking - I'll try to check in more regular like.

^ Write a "Trip Report". We have a forum for them. You can see what a few look like here. Also note the formating for the title if you do choose to write one. It makes it easier to find the reports.

Trip Reports

I know this is an old thread, but I recently took ibo for my heroin addiction, too much to write here, it's all on my blog.. I can categorically state that it took all my acute withdrawals away.. BUT I suffered with PAWS bad, both times, im now waiting for a new lot to arrive, for my third flood dose, and I have lots of boosters this time!

http://www.heroinjunkie.blogspot.com

I have worries that a lot of people will start using inbogaine to simply reset their tolerance. This stuff sounds more out there than ayahuasca even. I have dreams about it sometimes. It's practice should be regulated, because a single use can kill a person.

I got clean on my own. No pain, no gain imo, but I am not everyone. I still might try this stuff, but not for addiction.

They have legal inbogaine detox clinics just 20 minutes south of here in Mexico...doctors and all.