• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

i wanna do acid but im scared as hell

I almost put in my last post "I don't care what some science article says on the topic, I'm talking about my own experience." I've seen plenty of science articles that go against what I've found to be true, so to me, they're not some "be all end all deciding factor." Science experiments are more of a guide, since you can more or less pick a side on any topic and you'll find some random "science experiment" that'll back your claim. I'm sure there are plenty of experiments that have "proven" that Cannabis is straight from the Devil himself.

My original reason for responding to that MDMA comment was that (like most of Schedule 1), MDMA has a lot more potential for good than the general public realizes, and shouldn't be grouped in with hedonistic drugs like cocaine. In America, we demonize anything that causes hallucinations. In other parts of the world, these same Evil Drugs are referred to as Plant Medicine.

Just try half a tab (50ug) and see how it goes. At that does youll get a feel for what a trip will be like without being high enough to really give you a "bad trip"

Ive never taken a new substance without being pretty nervous beforehand, but if youre really "scared as hell" about it I would suggest putting it on hold until you feel more comfortable.

The fact that youre addicted to heroin certainly doesnt help, but on the flip side there's a small chance the experience could actually be very helpful in overcoming the addiction.

If you do decide to take it, remember that only YOU can prevent bad trips. Bad trips are usually a result of your brain/ego resisting the changes happening in your mind or due to some outside stimuli affecting your safe space (being at a party, being around people against drugs, being in a situation where youre confided to a small space, etc). If you set up your trip space before you begin the experience, and remember to "breathe, relax, let go" during the come up, you should be fine.

That particular experiment is pretty straightforward and unbiased. Personal experience does not trump scientific consensus, which, by the way, also indicates the generally safety and usefulness of marijuana and most psychedelics. Scientific consensus and politics are two different things. Personal experience is essentially useless when it comes to broad characterizations of a drug: sample size of one, massive bias, etc. Like I said, I'm not saying MDMA is a bad drug, far from it. I'm just saying it's not self limiting. You're not making a compelling case to the contrary.

I'm just saying it's not self limiting. You're not making a compelling case to the contrary.

That's fine. What I'm saying is if my personal experience tells me that LSD makes everything blue, and you link me a science article telling me that researchers concluded that LSD makes everything green, that's not going to change my mind. Personal experience is massively important for everything.

That's another reason i want to give it a try a lot of my friends do acid all the time they where telling me how it can actually help u get off opiates. Ive also heard its similar to getting super baked true or false?

Psychedelics have helped some get off opiates, it's true. I'm of two minds about this. I've taken psychedelics when I was in a bad place, including many times while addicted to opiates (not heroin), and in some cases they really helped me to get some perspective and understanding of my situation. But I was already experienced with psychedelics, the first years of me taking them I was in a great place, in college, no addictions and the whole world in front of me. And on the other hand, they can also make things worse because they amplify everything and the trip is so much about what you make of it. It has the potential to go either direction, every trip you take.

But no, LSD is not like getting super baked. Marijuana is a completely different drug. Psychedelics open your mind up in a way that marijuana does not. The two are not similar. LSD is in a league above marijuana. I had a spiritual experience on mushrooms (my first trip) that changed my entire life and perspective. I came out of it a different person in some ways, and my life has never been the same. For me it was very positive, but there is the possibility of them changing you in a negative way too, though honestly that's largely a matter of how you frame the trip in you mind and what you focus on in your memory, unless you have an underlying condition that gets triggered of course. Psychedelics are usually going to have difficult periods. In all of my first trips I had moments where I said to myself "what have I done? WHY DID I DO THIS??", but you just have to accept those feelings, let them pass, and soon they will pass, and you might next spend some time in a beautiful place. You really just have to go with it no matter what happens... resisting the trip is what causes bad trips usually.

bad trips are a reaLity... especially if its your first time and its some really good shZZ and your a junkie and withdrawls are starting to kick in and you just walked up to the store and everyones looking at you... they know your tripping... WTF!!!... you get my drift, well at least you should, being that youve tripped "a thousand times" on really good, REAL LSD, cmon man... harm Reduction, right? screw it, hey man just go ahead and eat a ten strip, nothing to worry about just like smokin some really good weed... NOT!!!

Why does this equate to a bad trip for you? I used to have those moments almost every time I tripped (increasingly less as I got older and tripped more), and I still get them. Those are just passing feelings of paranoia stemming from self-consciousness, they pretty much come with the territory with tripping. It's a negative experience but it passes unless you let it consume you. And then afterwards you can think about why you felt that way and maybe learn something about yourself.

Ibogaine is super risky. Besides a strong trip the wrong dose will kill you. Be very careful of you choose this path and look into the ritual use of the iboga bush in Africa. I wish you the best on your journey.... Maybe look into ayahuasca or mushrooms

Ibogaine can be risky, though the only deaths have been from people with heart conditions. Mostly it's just important to be supervised and really plan it out well, make sure you have sufficient time to devote to it, and make sure you've prepared your body by eating well and fasting the day you take it. I used ibogaine to get off a 10-year opiate addiction earlier this year and it worked beautifully, it even stopped me from having to finish withdrawing or experiencing PAWS (lingering depression/minor withdrawal for long periods of time). It saved my life, I feel, and also began me taking much better care of myself in other ways. It's perfect for opiate addicts, though you have to approach it with discipline and commitment, and it takes a much larger commitment of effort than any other psychedelic I can think of. It has a pretty startlingly high success rate.

Everyone i wanna do acid not the ibogaine my hearts fucked

Well if your heart is fucked then you shouldn't do ibogaine, that's true. What's wrong with your heart?

I'm happy to hear ibogaine worked for you Xor. Just pointing out as you said this compound deserves a greater respect towards the possible danger even though I didn't go in depth on them.

this compound deserves a greater respect towards the possible danger even though I didn't go in depth on them.

What are these "possible dangers" you speak of? Xorkoth and I already mentioned that you shouldn't take ibogaine if you have a bad heart, but apart from that, and assuming you're taking it in a safe place, what in your mind makes ibogaine "super risky?"

In my experience, there is not really anything to fear except laughing at nearly everything to begin with, and losing your ego - depending on the dose.

I had 2 tabs of acid a couple of weeks ago and in all honesty there's nothing to fear. I don't believe mine was as pure as it could have been, I simply laid on the floor watching my carpet turn into dancing specks and everything breathed with me. Other than me getting terribly sick about 4 times and not being able to keep any fluids in, it was fun and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. It was a beautiful experience.

I wouldn't say I was ever scared to try any psychedelics. But I have been scared of insufflating or injecting anything, that's for sure. The former, umm, I'm just not comfortable with that for certain reasons. The latter, lol, I couldn't be paid to do that. Too many risks that I'm not willing to take, and personally it just seems like the wayyyy deep end of substance use. Eg. too hardcore for me. :)

I wouldn't say I was ever scared to try any psychedelics. But I have been scared of insufflating or injecting anything, that's for sure. The former, umm, I'm just not comfortable with that for certain reasons. The latter, lol, I couldn't be paid to do that. Too many risks that I'm not willing to take, and personally it just seems like the wayyyy deep end of substance use. Eg. too hardcore for me. :)

I was scared of insufflating until one Friday when I wanted to trip on some 4-AcO-DMT, but the stomach was feeling gippy. Was going to put off tripping, but I *really* wanted to trip. I prayed to drug-Jesus, snorted and it was good. A bit underwhelming, but it had it's advantages over oral consumption (as I imagine IV'ing would have, although that's not a fear I have any desire to overcome).

Some fears are grounded, and others baseless. My fear of insufflating was baseless. My fear of needles goes back to when I was a kid having my tonsils out (the doctor said we're going to put you to sleep). My fear of acid came from all the bullshit propaganda I was exposed to during the late 60's/early 70's. The fear eroded bit by bit; Salvia was a big gateway drug for me, and then I eased into psychs with mushrooms, perhaps overdoing it. An 1/8 of a tab, 1/4 tab and so on. I'm comfortable up to ~225 ug LSZ/150 ug Al-LAD, but haven't tried LSD.

But yeah, fear is real, and it can take some time to deal with. If I regret any drug I've taken, I would say it's Salvia.

Tom

Last edited:
I was scared of insufflating until one Friday when I wanted to trip on some 4-AcO-DMT, but the stomach was feeling gippy. Was going to put off tripping, but I *really* wanted to trip. I prayed to drug-Jesus, snorted and it was good. A bit underwhelming, but it had it's advantages over oral consumption (as I imagine IV'ing would have, although that's not a fear I have any desire to overcome).

Some fears are grounded, and others baseless. My fear of insufflating was baseless. My fear of needles goes back to when I was a kid having my tonsils out (the doctor said we're going to put you to sleep). My fear of acid came from all the bullshit propaganda I was exposed to during the late 60's/early 70's. The fear eroded bit by bit; Salvia was a big gateway drug for me, and then I eased into psychs with mushrooms, perhaps overdoing it. An 1/8 of a tab, 1/4 tab and so on. I'm comfortable up to ~225 ug LSZ/150 ug Al-LAD, but haven't tried LSD.

But yeah, fear is real, and it can take some time to deal with. If I regret any drug I've taken, I would say it's Salvia.

Tom

Ah, I see. My fear is actually more of a health concern. While it isn't serious, it can be annoying to deal with...but I don't want to get into the details as I have already before. :)

Thank you for your post though. I enjoyed reading it.

Don't want to derail, but yeah, today was a fine day (and kind of still is!). I took some miprocin today and it's just nice to get back in it again. <3 all of my pent up emotions and insecurities just melted away along with the hot ass sun. It's been too damn long, and before I get busy as hell again, I want to enjoy these days. =D