• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

i wanna do acid but im scared as hell

I dont know why im so scared to do it i just am. I wanna try acid because everyone says how cool it is but im scared I'll have a bad trip or something bad will happen to me because im gonna have to do acid on heroin because im a junkie. Suggestions?

I think with this rhetoric you're certain to get a bad trip. The bad trip might do you well, in the long run, but if you have to ask it's better not to in the case of acid...

Keymaker: Er, sober and in withdrawal is not the greatest mindset to be in while on psychedelics... I'd at least try to maintenance dose against your withdrawal, Tacoma. Though if your intention is to stop doing opiates then doing it sober is the best idea. Would even try to keep clean for a week or 2 before trying, if you can, to help with the mindset. But I don't think quitting the h is your intention at all?

So yeah, if you just want to try acid then it's a good idea to do the least amount of heroin possible, while not getting in to withdrawal. I think you will be fine as long as you'll stop thinking about having a bad trip all the time, all my bad trips were caused by me thinking about bad trips.

Last edited:
No i have no intention of getting clean too weeks before doing acid if im gonna get clean i'd be getting clean to get clean not to do acid. Maybe having a bad trip would scare me into getting clean haha. I guess im so scared of acid because a mutual friend on a bad acid trip killed himself

I would imagine that the sedating and euphoric effects of heroin would make it hard to have a bad trip as long as your LSD dose is moderate.

rather than jumping to heroin, if you want to minimise the possibility of a bad trip, have some kratom before hand. But for a first time you shouldn't. For a first time, just make sure set and setting are perfect. Do it with your best friends in a wonderful environment, like a country house were you can be on your own if you want. Be in or out etc. Also, take it only if you had a good restful sleep the night before and you feel in good spirits. If you do that, you won't need crutches.

If you use a crutch (an opiate) for a first time psychedelic experience, you might never know what was inside for you... :/

rather than jumping to heroin, if you want to minimise the possibility of a bad trip, have some kratom before hand. But for a first time you shouldn't. For a first time, just make sure set and setting are perfect. Do it with your best friends in a wonderful environment, like a country house were you can be on your own if you want. Be in or out etc. Also, take it only if you had a good restful sleep the night before and you feel in good spirits. If you do that, you won't need crutches.

If you use a crutch (an opiate) for a first time psychedelic experience, you might never know what was inside for you... :/
It's not a crutch to try to make sure he doesn't have a bad trip, he's addicted to heroin. If he's addicted to heroin, he'll obviously be on it while tripping. Your advice would be great, except for the fact that it would leave him in the midst of excruciating drug withdrawals during a 12 hour psychedelic experience.

I was always scared of acid because it has a scary name and wild urban legends. I have taken about 10 tabs total in my life and have had only positive experiences.

I will never touch mushrooms again after trying LSD and AL-LAD - I am prone to getting anxiety from getting too stoned, with mushrooms, I felt like I was WAY too stoned where as with LSD/LAD it was suprisingly more lucid and much less critically introspective.

I also enjoy mixing low doses of Al-LAD with social amounts of ethanol. The only slightly negative experience I have had with Al-Lad is when I mixed 150ug with 120mg of MDMA. It gave me a little anxiety and hypertension. I am sure if I lowered the doses and added a few drinks I would have been fine.

Dawglaw: It's easy to say that and can definitely see where you were coming from, but if you've ever experienced LSDs more sinister side then you wouldn't put it like that. It's more clearheaded as mushrooms but IME acid can be just as pushy. Just want to point out that there is a darker side to LSD.

It's not a crutch to try to make sure he doesn't have a bad trip, he's addicted to heroin. If he's addicted to heroin, he'll obviously be on it while tripping. Your advice would be great, except for the fact that it would leave him in the midst of excruciating drug withdrawals during a 12 hour psychedelic experience.

Yeah this is what I've been trying to say. Though I'd try getting the dose as low as possible to make sure the heroin doesn't influence the trip as much. It will certainly dull things out though.

true you are right. If you are addicted to any opiate you need to make sure you won't be withdrawing. as long as you use your usual dose, i don't think you'll get any extra risk for doing so

The serotonin, and dopamine receptors are the reward receptors that keep people coming back for more. These are the same receptors that this OP will have an issue with due to the addiction he is already dealing with. This is the ONLY thing I am saying here.

Simply because a drug interacts at, say, serotonin receptors (of which there are more than half a dozen types) does not mean that it's going to be a drug of abuse. In fact, LSD abuse is well known to be self limiting in animal models - e.g. it isn't self administered the same way cocaine and heroin are. Coupled with the rapid development of tolerance it means that LSD addictions are something you really have to commit to - nobody takes acid once and is addicted forever.

(And even then.. opioids don't have a direct affinity for any dopamine receptors... it's all downstream.)

LSD actually has quite a bit of evidence pointing to it being anti-addictive(ref), which at least is more than can be said for stuff like MDMA.

Being on a 'maintenance' dose of opioids is absolutely fine and won't detract from the experience of LSD, so if that's what you need to feel comfortable, do it.

Ill say this being a ex iv user and a heavy tripper. Whenever i was tripping it was always hard to focus my eyes enough to hit my vein. Everything looks alien on acid lol holding a syringe while your arm is tied off just feels so foreign even though you do it everyday. It ALWAYS took me several tries bc my skin would have the breathing effect and couldnt tell exactly where my veins were. I eventually would hit, a bloody mess. I will say this i have always felt my visuals totally lacked on opiates. IMO i hav come to the conclusion its bc my eyes are constricted.. the only time i have decent visuals r when my eyes r dialated and whenever they were constricted i always had sub par visuals. I would even drop as far away from my methadone dose as possible I dosed @ 6am and my morning trips werent very visual compared to my trips 24+ hrs after last dose....i know this is impossible to do on h. Methadone has a long half life...

Ps cook your dope BEFORE you drop. Rigging up a shot while tripping is hard and annoying. When i wasnt in full addiction id just grab my pre made syringe and stab my ass with it, IM. Bc this was easier than IV for me while tripping or i would wait till i was sobering up and IV....

why are you afraid, i did it first time with a sitter (a girl ive known for seven years) and it was lovely and I wasn't nearly as wrought up about it. Though now if you're worried, just get some mdma and drop it during your roll and it'll calm you down

you should be afraid, LSD's something else. well... not afraid, but you gotta know that LSD is stronger than you, so trying to fight it will never work. Let it guide you, but know the difference between guidance and drug-induced grandeur, because you may realize some really profound things that hold a lot of meaning in the moment, but you must question it: what I've found is it's important to immediately follow each of these "eureka"-moments with a follow up question, and translate these realizations about things like the world and people and society into a truth that applies to you, if that makes sense (if it doesn't now it might make more sense when you're tripping).

LSD actually has quite a bit of evidence pointing to it being anti-addictive(ref), which at least is more than can be said for stuff like MDMA.

As far as beneficial substances go, I feel that MDMA is closer to LSD and other psychedelics than it is to cocaine and opiates. MDMA has been known to cure PTSD, and IME, as long as you respect your brain, is fairly self-limiting. With that said, it can definitely be abused and screw up people's lives.

MDMA isn't self limiting at all. Responsible use and common knowledge dictate limiting your use, but the drug doesn't work the way LSD and other psychedelics do to make it almost impossible to be a regular user. I do agree they both show similar value as psychological tools.

I was super duper scared and had a great first trip just dose small amounts and go up from there!

MDMA isn't self limiting at all

Well that's just, like, your opinion, man. Again, this is just my experience, and everyone is different, but MDMA is around the middle of the spectrum between psychedelics and more hedonistic drugs, making it "fairly" self-limiting. Everyone will have different experiences, of course, and it is entirely possible to abuse MDMA.

Ibogaine is super risky. Besides a strong trip the wrong dose will kill you. Be very careful of you choose this path and look into the ritual use of the iboga bush in Africa. I wish you the best on your journey.... Maybe look into ayahuasca or mushrooms

Yes, this.

Environment is everything with lsd. Trust who you're with...and good environment...You're going to be good...if the acid's good, that is.

what about ayahuasca? you could try that but it's not a recreational path; it's more spiritual and it'll be the most intense experience of your life (typically).

you might consider low doses of mescaline too. or peyote; whatevs.

Well that's just, like, your opinion, man. Again, this is just my experience, and everyone is different, but MDMA is around the middle of the spectrum between psychedelics and more hedonistic drugs, making it "fairly" self-limiting. Everyone will have different experiences, of course, and it is entirely possible to abuse MDMA.

I mean, it's not "just my opinion," though: http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00213-003-1407-0

I guess we're just using the phrase differently. Self limiting isn't what I'd call MDMA because to me it means the chemical doesn't cause self administration. That's clearly not true for MDMA. I'm not arguing it's devoid of therapeutic value or is inherently unsafe, but it's not self limiting because of tolerance like LSD or shrooms.