View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

i wanna do acid but im scared as hell

Tacoma

Bluelighter
I dont know why im so scared to do it i just am. I wanna try acid because everyone says how cool it is but im scared I'll have a bad trip or something bad will happen to me because im gonna have to do acid on heroin because im a junkie. Suggestions?

While I absolutely don't advocate opiate use, I would imagine that the sedating and euphoric effects of heroin would make it hard to have a bad trip as long as your LSD dose is moderate.

Just keep the dose low and it should be okay. It's hard to get too high from one hit of average street acid. Sad to hear you're a junkie though. That's gotta be scary in itself, knowing that if you don't keep taking it dreadful things will happen. Being an opiate addict would have me in a constant state of anxiety. Was it really worth it? Or did it happen gradually due to pain medication? Either way, taking acid shouldn't be your biggest concern right now because you got a thousand pound gorilla on your back that you gotta get out from under.

It started from pain pills after i got a tooth pulled and then had surgery right after. No it wasn't worth it. And yes it brings anxiety life just feels like a constant clock waiting for ur next fix. But everyone keeps telling ne to try it because they said it gave tgem religious experiences and shit like that and gave them a different outlook on life and dont understand why im scared to do acid but not any other drugs

I'm also afraid to try it out of the fear of having a bad trip. I think if I smoke some herb it'll keep me calm though.

iirc smoking weed on lsd, will intensify the trip, and make the potential for a trip which cannot be controlled, greater.

A sense of anxiety before a trip, and especially while it is coming on, is common. I wouldn't worry about it. Get on with the trip, and learn something from yourself and the world around you :)

LSD isnt addictive (atleast i presume so to be), If its streets it could be an RC - Just my advice, do 2 hits and dip your finger into it. Worse thing is that you'll get HPPD, like tracers, shadowpeople, prisms in lights, ect... But have fun! There's also the positives :)

i just think that for me personally i would want to be of a sound heart and mind when taking a drug likes LSD which requires an immense amount of respect, that shit can fucking trainwreck you if you don't treat it as the catalyst it can be.

taking lsd when you are addicted to heroin, is a bad idea.

get clean from heroin, look after your body and mind, then take acid if you want to open up your doors of perception for a glimpse at what is available to human consciousness.

heroin has the opposite effect on the mind, so i don't think you will get what you are looking for from lsd. although i have heard from some people that they report quitting opiates after doing a psychedelic, it is probably very few.

I've never had a "bad" trip, i've had pretty difficult moments, scary thoughts and visions but you just deal with it as with everything in life. LSD can have a powerful therapeutic effect, just remember that what you're going through won't last forever, you will come down eventually.
Just have a good set/setting, a positive mind set and an open mind, you'll have a great time!

That's another reason i want to give it a try a lot of my friends do acid all the time they where telling me how it can actually help u get off opiates. Ive also heard its similar to getting super baked true or false?

listen i am very experienced with both and at this point if you've never done acid, i wouldn't start now, lsd makes you very self aware and opens your mind to everything thats going on around you, and can make some people self conscious. so if you are as bad of a junkie as i was (i am now in mmt) you are going to need to shoot up and when that time comes it may take your mind down a spiral you just aren't prepared to deal with. I have taken acid since getting hooked on the needle and being that i was ok with it, it didn't bother me, i mean i did but it didn't you know? anyway like i said though i knew what i was getting my self into. but acid kinda makes you take a step back and you will see your life for what it is and if you don't like what you see it may just be a bad trip and a bad idea. maybe get clean and then think about it. lsd can be heaven or hell its all of what you make of it. :)

@tacoma^^^^

you should look into ibogaine not lsd. also once you drop that hit theres no going back its 8-10 hours of craziness. best to be somewhere safe around cool people and dont even think about driving

@tacoma^^^^

you should look into ibogaine not lsd. also once you drop that hit theres no going back its 8-10 hours of craziness. best to be somewhere safe around cool people and dont even think about driving

Absolutely, being with someone will help you go through some stages that could be a little scary in case you find yourself 'bad tripping'.
IMO I would prefer that LSD didn´t last for so many hours. It´s hard to manage sometimes..

There's a lot of shit talked about "bad trips" - I've never had one and I must've had a thousand trips. And I started taking acid when I in the depths of the deepest depression and greif imaginable. So if you arn't the kind of person who panics and works yourself into a bad trip I wouldn't worry about them. Start with a low comfortable dose and if you enjoy it, increase the dose slightly. That's about all there is to it. It's not rocket science.

bad trips are a reaLity... especially if its your first time and its some really good shZZ and your a junkie and withdrawls are starting to kick in and you just walked up to the store and everyones looking at you... they know your tripping... WTF!!!... you get my drift, well at least you should, being that youve tripped "a thousand times" on really good, REAL LSD, cmon man... harm Reduction, right? screw it, hey man just go ahead and eat a ten strip, nothing to worry about just like smokin some really good weed... NOT!!!

Ibogaine is super risky. Besides a strong trip the wrong dose will kill you. Be very careful of you choose this path and look into the ritual use of the iboga bush in Africa. I wish you the best on your journey.... Maybe look into ayahuasca or mushrooms

Last edited:
Fixed.

Do some research, Tacoma. Going to an ibogaine clinic is crazy expensive, but look around.
You are being extremely ignorant..... If course shooting dope is dangerous, but that doesn't make ibogaine safe. Abstaining from using dope is the better choice. Dose ibogaine wrong and there are serious heart complications that lead to death. It's not a joke and everyone taking ibogaine without respecting the dangers is taking a much larger risk than shooting dope. Your rephrasing of my post was only harmful, but useless.

Do not do that to any of my posts again that are a reminder of dangers to reduce harm. Do not use ibogaine alone and definitely without knowing the source of the compound and reading on safe usage. Ibogaine is a useful tool and deserves a lot of respect just like heroin and all other opiates even fentanyl, which I would never touch.