• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

i wanna do acid but im scared as hell

What I find admirable about you Stan is that not only is your advice the most beneficial to the OP's well-being and least judgmental or snarky, but your advice comes from a place of experience, and isn't simply something out of a book or from the internet. I'm in a terrible mood cuz Taco Bell was out of Triple Steak burritos, but I'm sorry for being completely oblivious as to what's going on and resorting to childish attacks. I can see that everyone is fighting everyone else here, but tacodude knows when he's beat.

Apology accepted, Taco. No need to beat yourself up. Hopefully you have a better night than your day has apparently gone, and I wish you the best.

definitely don't do acid if you're as scared as "hell"....
you wanna be as sure as "heaven" before you bend your mind....
don't be afraid of what can get you high....

Thanks to the people who gave good non asshole opinions instead of just judging my use. If it makes a difference i olny use the needle on occasion (when im feeling real down) other then that i snort. Or would it be better if i could get somone to shoot me up so i don't fuck up the shot? Im not gonna do acid (and yes its the real shit) if i can't do my smack during my trip im not gonna put myself through withdrawal on acid
I wouldn't say you couldn't do both. Just drop the tab a few hours after your dope and do another dose at the end of the trip. That is if you decide you're mentally prepared for the trip.

So you are a junkie that wants to expand into new drugs. Brilliant!

Don't do it!

Acid is nothing like opiates. It's not addictive, it's not dangerous. Your response is not very informed.

Being an opiate addict would have me in a constant state of anxiety.

Lol no, I don't think it would. Opiates tend to deal with that nicely.

No, opiate addiction does put u in a constant state of anxiety- well kinda your always thinking about your next fix and life just feels like a clock ticking before u go through withdrawal. And doesn't acid last a long ass time? I can't go without my fix for 10 hours tops

LSD changes everything. The needle could appear to be a piece of string, or a lion. There is no way to anticipate what it will do to your sense of reality.
Hell there is no way to verify you are taking LSD. LOTS of what is available now is NOT LSD but instead all forms of R.C.'s, right down to pure Strychnine.

LSD doesn't produce intense distortions of reality except at crazy high doses... the kind of doses on one to two tabs is merely enough to get a pleasurable visual distortion, visual trails, etc. Nobody is gonna have anything turning into lions except the creative-minded and those who get adventurous with dosing.

Strychnine is actually more difficult to source than most RCs these days - besides being one of the most unbearably bitter compounds known to man and thus unsellable as blotter - and constitutes an ancient myth from the 60s...

As far as LSD binding to opioid receptors... it doesn't! Read the medical literature! (It's open access, you might learn something :))

LSD, taken in a good setting and properly dosed (don't take 4 tabs your first go!) is a wonderful experience whether or not you're dependent on opioids.

LSD doesn't produce intense distortions of reality except at crazy high doses... the kind of doses on one to two tabs is merely enough to get a pleasurable visual distortion, visual trails, etc. Nobody is gonna have anything turning into lions except the creative-minded and those who get adventurous with dosing.

Strychnine is actually more difficult to source than most RCs these days - besides being one of the most unbearably bitter compounds known to man and thus unsellable as blotter - and constitutes an ancient myth from the 60s...

As far as LSD binding to opioid receptors... it doesn't! Read the medical literature! (It's open access, you might learn something :))

LSD, taken in a good setting and properly dosed (don't take 4 tabs your first go!) is a wonderful experience whether or not you're dependent on opioids.

Agree with you totally. Opíods are normally part of the process when one start to have bad trips. It makes it easier. I used to have horrible bad trips.
I really tried to enjoy in lower dosages, but there would be always a frame of time that would really make me anxious and since it takes to long to go back to normal I often started to believe that I was going to die. Or never go back to myself. I wonder why that happens every time..

Just relax. The media and whatnot makes bad trips seem like something they're not. I've not had one but I have felt like I was starting to. After it's over with you feel like it was nothing. I wouldn't recommend using heroin while tripping on LSD.

I WISH you people would READ your own citations. The article you linked clearly contradicts your own statements.
I'm very disappointed with the amount of DISINFORMATION, and dangerous advice on this site. Especially from its core team.

Quote from YOUR own citation:
A new method is introduced for normalizing affinity (Ki) data that factors out potency so that the multi-receptor affinity profiles of different drugs can be directly compared and contrasted. The method is then used to compare the thirty-five drugs in graphical and tabular form. It is shown that psychedelic drugs, especially phenylalkylamines, are not as selective as generally believed, interacting with forty-two of forty-nine broadly assayed sites. The thirty-five drugs of the study have very diverse patterns of interaction with different classes of receptors, emphasizing eighteen different receptors. This diversity of receptor interaction may underlie the qualitative diversity of these drugs. It should be possible to use this diverse set of drugs as probes into the roles played by the various receptor systems in the human mind."

http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0009019

"Although the project was specifically approved for the author by the NIMH and the NIMH-PDSP, it did not result in a grant in the sense of funds that flow through the author's institution. The funding went directly to the NIMH-PDSP which was at Case Western Reserve University at the time. "

Quoting from your own statement...
"
Strychnine is actually more difficult to source than most RCs t"
What exactly are you basing this on... I can walk to the hardware, and purchase stryctnine by the pound, and make ten thousand tabs. It is FAR easier to acquire, and disguising the bitterness is a no fucking brainier.

PLEASE post what you know or understand..

[h=2]Where strychnine is found and how it is used[/h]
  • The primary natural source of strychnine is the plant Strychnos nux-vomica. This plant is found in southern Asia (India, Sri Lanka, and East Indies) and Australia.
  • In the past, strychnine was available in a pill form and was used to treat many human ailments.
  • Today, strychnine is used primarily as a pesticide, particularly to kill rats.
  • Uncommonly, strychnine is found mixed with “street” drugs such as LSD, heroin, and cocaine.

Last edited:
All trips have good and bad. No such thing as a bad trip, no such thing as a purely good one. Acid will teach you that absolutely NOTHING in life is black and white, clean cut and dry. No, everything is complex.

If you're scared and worrying about it this much don't take LSD, and instead take it when you're not worrying so much.

Have you ever had any psychedelic experiences at all like with eating, or vaping herb, or taking mushrooms?

I WISH you people would READ your own citations. The article you linked clearly contradicts your own statements.
I'm very disappointed with the amount of DISINFORMATION, and dangerous advice on this site. Especially from its core team.

Quote from YOUR own citation:
A new method is introduced for normalizing affinity (Ki) data that factors out potency so that the multi-receptor affinity profiles of different drugs can be directly compared and contrasted. The method is then used to compare the thirty-five drugs in graphical and tabular form. It is shown that psychedelic drugs, especially phenylalkylamines, are not as selective as generally believed, interacting with forty-two of forty-nine broadly assayed sites. The thirty-five drugs of the study have very diverse patterns of interaction with different classes of receptors, emphasizing eighteen different receptors. This diversity of receptor interaction may underlie the qualitative diversity of these drugs. It should be possible to use this diverse set of drugs as probes into the roles played by the various receptor systems in the human mind."

http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0009019

[/LIST]

Huh? Here is the listing from that paper for LSD:

LSD: 4.00 5ht1b, 3.77 5ht7, 3.75 5ht6, 3.73 5ht1a, 3.70 5ht1d, 3.64 5ht5a, 3.54 5ht2a, 3.16 D3, 3.11 5ht2b, 3.11 5ht2c, 2.93 Alpha2A, 2.62 5ht1e, 2.55 D2, 2.39 D4, 2.34 D1, 2.05 D5, 1.54 Alpha1A, 1.40 H1, 1.39 Beta1, 1.05 Beta2, 0.65 Alpha1B; 0.00: KOR, DOR, DAT, SERT, MOR, NET; ND: Sigma2, Alpha2B, Alpha2C, Imidazoline1, M1, M2, M3, M4, M5, Sigma1, H2, CB2, CB1, Ca+Channel, NMDA

It can be seen that LSD has a value of 0.00 for KOR, DOR, and MOR, the kapp-, delta- and mu-opiate receptors. According to the paper, that means no binding was seen, so an affinity >10,000 uM.

The closest I've done to doing acid was mixing too many drugs together and hallucinating and hearing voices not understanding where i am or even what year it is. Or ive gotten laced drugs before where everone i looked at got cat eyes and a pitch fork tongue (that was a weird one) or a different time where my friends face kept melting into somone elses face. I handled all these pretty well and just laughed it off except one time when i thought a feather was a knife and i was gonna get stabbed and i ran like 3 blocks

Huh? Here is the listing from that paper for LSD:

LSD: 4.00 5ht1b, 3.77 5ht7, 3.75 5ht6, 3.73 5ht1a, 3.70 5ht1d, 3.64 5ht5a, 3.54 5ht2a, 3.16 D3, 3.11 5ht2b, 3.11 5ht2c, 2.93 Alpha2A, 2.62 5ht1e, 2.55 D2, 2.39 D4, 2.34 D1, 2.05 D5, 1.54 Alpha1A, 1.40 H1, 1.39 Beta1, 1.05 Beta2, 0.65 Alpha1B; 0.00: KOR, DOR, DAT, SERT, MOR, NET; ND: Sigma2, Alpha2B, Alpha2C, Imidazoline1, M1, M2, M3, M4, M5, Sigma1, H2, CB2, CB1, Ca+Channel, NMDA

It can be seen that LSD has a value of 0.00 for KOR, DOR, and MOR, the kapp-, delta- and mu-opiate receptors. According to the paper, that means no binding was seen, so an affinity >10,000 uM.

I truly wish no ill will or any sort of "pissing " contest. I am ONLY attempting to place Facts that the gentleman, and future readers can use to educate themselves based on research, and not opinion or "experience.

The study you have pointed to in fact shows the "hallucinogenic aspects of LSD attach to different receptors than Opioids. This should make perfect sense to everyone as Opioids do not generate hallucinations (to the same degree).
The hallucinogenic activity is only ONE aspect of LSD'd interaction in the brain.

Quote:
Right now we know for sure that LSD has activity at: dopaminereceptors, adrenergic receptors, and serotoninreceptors 1A, 2A, 2C, 5C, and 6. Some glutamate receptor activity is also required for the effects of LSD. "

The serotonin, and dopamine receptors are the reward receptors that keep people coming back for more. These are the same receptors that this OP will have an issue with due to the addiction he is already dealing with. This is the ONLY thing I am saying here.

If you don't like my "style" or inflections that is one thing. Arguing what a drug does or how it does it, is another. Please let us attempt to separate the two.

Last edited:
Im not sure what it was one of the things we bought as "weed" the other as "molly" and the other was me just mixing together every drug i could find on some dumbass shit

. I dropped a hit of street acid with my friend who was on dope and he said it made his trip very laid back and euphoric. Of course you will almost certainly have a different reaction than him but it seems like the opiate-acid combo is a good mix. Just like any trip set and setting is important and if you're scared to try it you may be setting yourself up for a bad trip, but if you feel prepared and have a good friend to do it with you should go for it.

Hey guys, i too am going to be getting 15 tabs of 120ug LSD, very pure. I get a sense of paranoia from weed (no tolerance), shit pops into my head like the government is using computers to control/enslave the population etc and i get a small panic attack. need to know would LSD be something i should avoid or try? i am trying to treat my alcoholism, was thinking of snipping my first attempt down to about 60ug and going hiking with a food/water/music. I was going to pick up some 100mg Seroquels incase it gets out of hand, but i am wondering if its possible to take a low dose as to get comfortable with it. I wouldn't mind getting the "connection with the universe" feeling, like erowid.org reports.

If you have a good mind set, and are not clouded with other drugs , even alcohol, you should be fine. Low does's will give you a feeling of being light, more things will be amusing, even familiar things like your own hand will look "different" at a glance.

It's a very enjoyable feeling overall BUT approaching it SOBER is the only true test. You might even find your anxiety leaves you as you realize it is not as important as you might think.

I wish you well, and a safe trip. (leave the seroquel behind. You wont need it)