• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

I Like to Draw Pictures of Random Molecules

Status
Not open for further replies.
...(the ester bridge on the bridged tropane doesn't look correct)...I'd still like to see someone's hand at "flattening" (the admittedly already 2D) tropane for that specific "bridged" variant (RTI-242).

They are the same molecule. The ester has been written in shorthand (CO2Me) in skillet's depiction. If you number the carbons you will be able to see this.

They are the same molecule. The ester has been written in shorthand (CO2Me) in skillet's depiction. If you number the carbons you will be able to see this.

OK thanks for clarifying, I am not entirely familiar with all of the short-hand. For example, the methyl group in short hand confused me for a while when I couldn't positively charge my carbon-hydrogen to 3 in the chemdraw program I was using when visually copying another drug and was wondering how I did that, was a bit frustrating until I discovered it was a simple methyl which that connoted.

FentropaneMethylEster.png

Fentropane Methyl Ester.

throw a methylenedioxy on that bottom phenyl ring and you've got.... testicular cancer? ... sorry I couldn't resist

CocaineIbogaineinspiredtropanering.png

Cocabogaine.

(I think I had a nightmare about this one last night. Seeing the bridged tropane analogues, I almost take this one seriously)

i don't know where else to ask so might as well try here... sorry if it's the wrong place. does this molecule look familiar to anyone?

Looks like one of the cathinone derivatives, not sure which one exactly.

EDIT: looks like 4-MEC, dunno how/if the rotation comes in though.

Yeah, it's 4-MEC. Atoms can rotate freely around single bonds. That formula shows the S-isomer.

Wow, you guys are good at IUPAC..
I've only just finished grade 11 chemistry, and I only know the alcohol IUPAC names, with extra carbons and stuff.
How many people on here did chemistry through university?
Probably shouldn't ask that.. might put this off track.

igfc60.png

This should be a prodrug for 4-MMC if i'm correct?
Could anyone with a bit more knowledge correct me if i'm wrong.

I'm not well versed on metabolic pathways but is there a simple way to cleave the N-methyl group? if so then yeah it looks like that would metabolize into 4-mmc

Dimethylamphetamine isn't primarily metabolised to methamphetamine, only 7.5% of the original dose is, so I imagine that you'd get about that percentage of mephedrone from your compound. btw, "prodrug" is used only for drugs that aren't active per se.

I thought i'd heard codeine refered to as a prodrug as its converted to morphine in the body? I assumed the same would apply to this as it's metabolised into 4-mmc in the body?

Regardless, the poor conversion rate would mean you need more than 10x the dose?

I have a question
It has to do with molecules but mostly affinity

What are the 5-HT, DAT, and NET affinities for the D, L, and Racemic Methamphetamine and Amphetamine
Why are the affinities so different from each other (molecule-wise)
What makes meth so much more neurotoxic than amphetamine (molecule-wise)

I thought i'd heard codeine refered to as a prodrug as its converted to morphine in the body? I assumed the same would apply to this as it's metabolised into 4-mmc in the body?

Codeine itself is, for instance, inactive. Which is what I believe Vader meant. Anything from an active drug is a metabolite, rather than that drug being 'a prodrug to', etc.

I have a question
It has to do with molecules but mostly affinity

What are the 5-HT, DAT, and NET affinities for the D, L, and Racemic Methamphetamine and Amphetamine
Why are the affinities so different from each other (molecule-wise)
What makes meth so much more neurotoxic than amphetamine (molecule-wise)

Somewhat derailing this thread, but it's not a very "serious" thread now anyhow, is it?

D-(+)-Methamphetamine NET release EC50: 12.3 ± 0.7 DAT release EC50: 24.5 ± 2.1 SERT release EC50: 736 ± 45
L-(–)-Methamphetamine NET release EC50: 28.5 ± 2.5 DAT release EC50: 416 ± 20 SERT release EC50: 4,640 ± 243

TolazolineplusPyrovalerone.png

Tolazoline + Pyrovalerone. The idea, a MAT inhibitor with reduced NE effect profile. (NDRI + α-blocker)

Status
Not open for further replies.