• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

I Like to Draw Pictures of Random Molecules

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a hope that eventually we'll genetically engineer ourselves off the hedonic treadmill:) at least, I can dream;p

Is there thriving without striving?

The danger there is that we may stop progressing if we are ever fully contented. Hedonism may be redirected from animalistic pursuits, but could the social implications of such pursuit whatever it may be changed to?

Is there thriving without striving?

The danger there is that we may stop progressing if we are ever fully contented. Hedonism may be redirected from animalistic pursuits, but could the social implications of such pursuit whatever it may be changed to?

Well.... I kind of don't really see us evolving much more these days as it is. I mean, natural selection is so much less important for survival, since we can keep everyone alive so easily these days. And less intelligent people are the ones most likely to reproduce the most.

Maybe it doesn't so much have to be that as just evening people out. Some of us really enjoy things like drugs, but I know people who are just so happy and pleased by simple things in life, they never feel the desire to use any drugs. Yet these people are the ones I know that are much more likely to be contributing than someone constantly hampered by negativity.

I would like it very much if we could change to be people that cared more about progressing the quality of all life than our own lives, but I agree it's the sort of thing that is easier said than done, and there is always the issue that something could go wrong, like so many 'failed utopias'. And you wouldn't want to force this on people, in my opinion forcing things on people is immoral. But people just having more emapthy for others would be a nice start, or having the choice to be more empathetic, caring individuals. Maybe if we have this option, eventually we well be a better society.. (shrugs)

For me, in the current direction of hedonism, it looks more and more likely 'Idiocracy' is a movie from the future;p

Eh, forget I said anything, I'm dragging this off topic, and I don't really want to bring up controversial stuff...

Last edited:
About the MDNA bullshit I posted: yes I'm quite aware of molecular genetics, it happens to be a course I passed. I was just joking around just like a lot of other drawn molecules are surely jokes. :)

About the MDNA bullshit I posted: yes I'm quite aware of molecular genetics, it happens to be a course I passed. I was just joking around just like a lot of other drawn molecules are surely jokes. :)

Yeah I figured you were joking, didn't mean to be patronising sorry:eek:

2potve8.png

so symmetrical.

2,6-dimethoxy-4-hexafluoroisopropylphenethylamine, or psi-2C-HFIP

i predict that it will hit the market it 2024.

Last edited:
Any takers? It's an N-substituted fuckmeamine, with compulsory MDs wherever possible.

noname02-1.gif

wasn't there a russian drug like that? Metabolized into amphetamine IIRC

wasn't there a russian drug like that? Metabolized into amphetamine IIRC

Basic structure of α-phthalimidopropiophenone

Edit: Metabolises to cathinone I believe, but same (and interesting) principle. My crazy attempt above would arguably not be a cathinone either.

Last edited:
images

Yo dawg! So I herd you like rolling! So we put the methylendioxy ring on the methylendioxy ring, so you can roll while you roll.
iy3pxg.jpg

PS: madskillz

Come on guys, where are the neuroactive steroids? I am looking for a compound exhibiting pronounced AAS properties with modest kainate and GABAergic modulation........stimulants are boring...........

Theanine has some kainate and GABA activity apart from some other peculiar mechanism...but yeah i would agree that Theanine sucks a little.

Some Ampakines (which seem to relieve anxiety to some extent) have some Kainate activity but unfortunately I read that tolerance buildup to is rather quick, rather sad.

BTW negro, check out this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tezampanel

Also: Why da fuck do they always tell me invalid URL when trying to post jpeg or png pictures...i've even used imageshack and it doesn't work!!
Somepne please do something about thi cuz its making my nuts rotate counter-clockwise!

images

Yo dawg! So I herd you like rolling! So we put the methylendioxy ring on the methylendioxy ring, so you can roll while you roll.
iy3pxg.jpg

PS: madskillz

Yo dawg! Since I know u like rolling, I pimped up your ride bitch, lemme just fix a few MDs here and there and you'll be ready to hit the streets son!

Nanocar2.png

Further note: I think that mol picture is not the original Rice university Nanocar since those dodecane chains are simply absurd..they would obstruct the buckyball wheels preventing the molecule from actually 'rolling'.

Last edited:

A new brand of "ICE-TEA"? LOL

(unfortunately this would hydrolyze into amphetamine, a Xantine and ethylene glycol, rather toxic unless used as an antifreeze car additive..it also has some potential as an ethanol fuel additive, more oxygen, cleaner emission and the C-O bond is very energetic in terms of combustion, ethanol fuel is the way to go)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.