• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

I Like to Draw Pictures of Random Molecules

Status
Not open for further replies.
RacloprideCocaine.jpg

More of my cocaine skeleton fixation. This time partially 'Raclopride', a D2 dopamine receptor antagonist.

@navarone, I don't believe ethylene glycol toxicity would be much of an issue at recreational or therapeutic doses of fenethylline. Assuming complete hydrolysis, 100 mg fenethylline would yield about 18 mg ethylene glycol and 40 mg amphetamine. That's nowhere near a toxic dose of ethylene glycol. Increasing the dose, you'd OD on amphetamine long before EG toxicity would get at you. Fenethylline is only partly metabolised, and if we trust the Wiki entry claiming that 25.4% ends up as amphetamine and 13.7% as theophylline, the actual figure on EG would be even smaller (you'd probably get some hydroxyethyltheophylline and hydroxyethylamph as well).

Water with less than 7 mg EG per litre is considered safe for drinking. It's probably not healthy, but neither are amphetamines.

Ethylene glycol is a natural constituent of e.g. fruit juices and fermented drinks. Just like methanol, it's fine to have traces of it in your food/drink (thats why oxidative metabolism exists) as long as you don't overload your body's pathways for handling the metabolites...

Here we go:
280px-Tezampanel.png

Good stuff, definitely something I haven't heard off.......

But, it would be interesting to have a variant along the lines of this existing neurosteroid.........

500px-Minaxolone.svg.png

Yet.......tone, down the GABAergic properties, add some mild pro-anabolic/androgenic qualities......and perhaps, an indirect opioidergic or dare I say, modestly potent opioidergic metabolite (we can dream).........

Or just piece together a hideous beast that is pro-drug for multiple conventional compounds with such properties (requiring a "routine" periodic hepatic transplantation).......

May I present the awesome-est drug ever concieved of :
rH4oc.png

I call it "Extrasy".

1. Any more methylendioxys would actually make it TOO awesome (and also exceed the valencies of the carbon atoms)
2. It does have the original methylenedioxys. Free rotation around single bonds. Of course, you already knew that... ;)

Did anyone else here get really exited before trying 6-APB (Benzofury) but was later very dissapointed apart from being fucked up by the harsh comedown?
The molecule looked pretty promising considering the aromaticity/electronegativity around the 4th and 5th position and the avoidance of having a-methyldopamine as a metabolite. It sucked pretty much and the psychotic like comedown was horrible.
I first thought 5-APB would have been better thinking that the oxygen at the 4th position would mimic MDMA even more though I later figured out that it was a less desired substance hence its popularity being below that of benzofury.

I yet have to find or try a decent MDMA substitute with fewer risks of toxicity, an analogue with more reuptake inhibition rather than releasing properties was my first thought but in my honest though limited experience with DNRIs and TRIs, reuptake inhibitors are pretty dissapointing compared to amphetamines reason why I find coke almost worthless as a stimulant.

would 2-methoxy-4,5-methylenedioxyphenethylamine be worthwhile at all? 6-oh-dopamine would be a metabolite and that shit is nasty right?

i like to think of it as being closely related to both 2C-E as well as MMDA-2...

Last edited:
I revamped the "List of Cocaine Analogues" page at Wikipedia quite a bit. It's still far from perfect (or even to holding candles to the Phenyltropane list page)

...and in commemoration of that bit of mental masturbation:

2-acetoxy-difluoro-ethyl-pine.png

2'-acetoxy-difluro-ethyl-pine

I've always thought cocaine looked too dualistic, with the two rings & two acetyl branches. 2'-acetoxy-cocaine remedies the branches to a nice triad, but the core of two rings are maintained. Difluoropine is the answer for the rings. I turned the methyl into an ethyl for good measure. However, since due to the difluoropine conformation, I had to reverse the stereochemistry for the optimal isomer, with the 2'-acetoxy branch, it's anybodies guess how it may function. (For instance, it may requiring being on the ring with the other fluorine fluorocarbon, which wouldn't alter my aesthetic specifications)

(edit: it looks a bit like those "BromoDragonFly" molecules, doesn't it? With the tropane as the tail, and the 2'-acetoxy as the head.)

Last edited:
An amateur psychedelic chemist's wet dream

Edit: Another one:

LisMDMA.jpg

Lismethylenedioxyamphetamine (LisMDA)

Whenever MDA is approved for long term medical use, it'll probably be in this form. (took the idea from Vyvanse)

This one has been opted a few years back among other board (as Lys-MDA) , and has been made.
From what i heard it's orally active but has a delayed come up.

Theoraticly the tripsin-trick seems to work on this compound just as it does on Vyvanse

your Ex.

But, it would be interesting to have a variant along the lines of this existing neurosteroid.........

500px-Minaxolone.svg.png

+ Salvinorin A
Salvinorin-A_structure.png

=

Minaxolone-SalvinorinA.png

Holy fuck.. it... it overlays...(!)

Salvinorin A is the most centrally active natural molecule known to man. I just made Salvinorin A on steroids (literally).

It looks like an entirely flipped out Swiss army knife though.

victorinox-swisschamp-xlt-swiss-army-knife.jpg

Last edited:
Modafinil inspired MDMA-esque things... Why? Because why not.

a2prtf.png

mvta9f.png

fv9or6.png

You guys are awesome! I wish I had the slightest clue what any of this meant...

Yeah... I'll leave now...

You guys are awesome! I wish I had the slightest clue what any of this meant...

Yeah... I'll leave now...

Reading and watching what people said for a few years is how I learned anything

Stick around.

Status
Not open for further replies.