• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

I Just Bought a Bufo Alvarius...Does Anyone Else on BL Have One?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have any experience with this but it's your toad my man. Do whatever you want with it. If it's like clipping toe nails then that's not animal cruelty in the least. People are way too sensitive on here at times. I get the feeling people take things the wrong way on here because over half the BL community creates their post's while under the influence of some mind altering chemical. When taking that fact into account you can't help but laugh off some of this nonsense. Has anyone with these animal cruelty rants ever "milked" one of these before or just throwing out speculation? What are the negative effects suffered by the animal during this process?

I don't have any experience with this but it's your toad my man. Do whatever you want with it. If it's like clipping toe nails then that's not animal cruelty in the least. People are way too sensitive on here at times. I get the feeling people take things the wrong way on here because over half the BL community creates their post's while under the influence of some mind altering chemical. When taking that fact into account you can't help but laugh off some of this nonsense. Has anyone with these animal cruelty rants ever "milked" one of these before or just throwing out speculation? What are the negative effects suffered by the animal during this process?

A few people have indicated that
rog said:
its morally questionable at best to keep a toad confined for purposes of harvesting its venom to get high.

So its not the harvesting as such. I dunno, to me the questionable nature of this is pretty self-evident.

Let's not look past the idea nailing a nice chunk of metal to a horse's hoof is perfectly acceptable lol

So many things we take for granted purely out of ignorance.

I think the drug lifestyle as a whole is morally questionable. I have never been one to cheat and steal for anything but I have lied to family about my use at times. I'm not sure milking a toad is too bad in the grand scheme of things. Far worse has been done in the quest for a good high im sure. if it doesn't injure the toad then I see it as food and shelter in return for a minute of possible discomfort. I would take that over my 8-5 job 5 days a week to have the same. Maybe some baby talk and a gentle sensual massage during the process will alleviate undue stress on Frank.

The "milking" tek I've decided to use calls for a rasp, blowtorch and 5 torr vacuum pump. The rasp is to "rough up" the surface of the gland, the torch is to heat the venom to reduce viscosity and the vacuum pump is to suction up the venom and any stray entrails and/or blood.
It seems to be perfectly humane except for all the pain and suffering the toad has to endure, but I've been assured that it won't hurt me a bit.

Last edited:
And you're "offended" at the suggestion you may have "anticipated backlash"
On the same token, people shouldn't be "shocked" at my responses, nothing that was said actually pissed me off except the two or three people, you included Junk, that I was hoping for backlash, which is tantamount to saying that I was trolling, which was an insult.
...and you follow it up by more trolling (see above post). Classy.
If you think people are that easy to "shock" - or that I am coming from a position of ignorance on the subject, you're kidding yourself.
It's nice how people spring to your defence with analogies about the work of farriers...suggesting ignorance in others.

Lets just hope you didnt get sold a Bufo marinus by mistake ;)

Another quality post from Spacebunk, as I expected. Yet again you're taking posts way too literally, winding up butthurt over tongue-in-cheek comments. Are you really that obliviously easy to troll that you get all worked up and serious over just about anything?

The "milking" tek I've decided to use calls for a rasp, blowtorch and 5 torr vacuum pump. The rasp is to "rough up" the surface of the gland, the torch is to heat the venom to reduce viscosity and the vacuum pump is to suction up the venom and any stray entrails and/or blood.
It seems to be perfectly humane except for all the pain and suffering the toad has to endure, but I've been assured that it won't hurt me a bit.

4 out of 5! Stunning! Provocative! Would read again!
For real, I know you're kidding but one hit from that toad milk and I bet you become more introspective and regret joking about the toad. The compounds in that toad are ancient and have been used by humans for thousands of years. I believe something that ancient and powerful retains energy, The toad is a living gatekeeper to another plane, Respect!

I think the drug lifestyle as a whole is morally questionable. I have never been one to cheat and steal for anything but I have lied to family about my use at times. I'm not sure milking a toad is too bad in the grand scheme of things. Far worse has been done in the quest for a good high im sure. if it doesn't injure the toad then I see it as food and shelter in return for a minute of possible discomfort. I would take that over my 8-5 job 5 days a week to have the same.

You would enjoy living in a glass tank with none of your kind so some other being can randomly pick you up, squeeze your venom glands and then smoke it?

Humans apparently synthesise DMT within their bodies. I fucking hope ET never finds that out...

Beavesmx44 said:
Maybe some baby talk and a gentle sensual massage during the process will alleviate undue stress on Frank.

Now your talking :D ;)

FWIW, I'm a vegan and against animal exploitation. I'm utterly convinced that I inadvertently do harm to animals but I refuse to do so willingly... Not trying to say that I have some moral high ground, just that I have strong feelings, perhaps bordering on irrationality, regarding these matters. I think we OWE all non-human animals a decent life- which is generally going to be a life far, far, far away from humanity...A solitary toad in a tank is no sort of life IMO....:\

So, I suppose then that you don't own anything made of leather, no pharmaceuticals which might have used animals in the R&D of said pharms...no antibiotics?, germs are people too... insecitcides...?, so are bugs...no seashells, coral jewery, fly swatters are out...
Sound ridiculous?...it IS!..."all non-human animals" is a VERY broad statement...so "live it to the letter" or get off your fucking soap-box!
Everybody draws a line somewhere, but very rarely at the same place...I feel sure that if your lifestyle were scrutinized that you and everybody on Earth who is sucking air is guilty of some form of "animal exploitation"

Just lick the damn toad and be done with it. The toad will probably enjoy it. Don't even use any special extraction techniques, just lick on it.

(EDIT) Oh, I just looked it up on Google and apparently the active ingredient is 5-meo-DMT, which of course is not orally active. I guess it's not a lickable toad then. Still, it could be enjoyable for both the toad and you.

Here's an idea though. Get a bunch of them and use them as a venom farm. Milk the venom with little vacuum milkers that you will design yourself. It'll be cool. Then sell the dried venom on the darknet. Market it as "organic 5-meo-DMT". Health freaks will love it.

Last edited:
Willow you may be giving the toad slightly too much credit in the department of mental capacity. It's on a different level than say a cat or dog. What if it just thinks "ribbit.........fart...........ribbit......frog titties"? It has to be a sensitive victimized world giving human qualities to every living species. Have to draw the emotional line somewhere.

LOL Frog titties....It's sad I'm pretty sure I've seen chests I could only describe in such a way....

But yeah...while every living creature (well, not counting single-celled shit) is almost certainly self-aware and has a "consciousness/personality" of sorts, you do have to draw a line somewhere. That being said, the fact nobody in here is innocent in this context remains.

just make sure frank lives a long fulfilling life and dies a happy bufo toad :)

also, make sure you blow some milk vapor in his face so he can get high on his own supply of course

So, I suppose then that you don't own anything made of leather, no pharmaceuticals which might have used animals in the R&D of said pharms...no antibiotics?, germs are people too... insecitcides...?, so are bugs...no seashells, coral jewery, fly swatters are out...
Sound ridiculous?...it IS!..."all non-human animals" is a VERY broad statement...so "live it to the letter" or get off your fucking soap-box!
Everybody draws a line somewhere, but very rarely at the same place...I feel sure that if your lifestyle were scrutinized that you and everybody on Earth who is sucking air is guilty of some form of "animal exploitation"

Re-read my post, because I absolutely agree with you here. :)

Willow you may be giving the toad slightly too much credit in the department of mental capacity. It's on a different level than say a cat or dog. What if it just thinks "ribbit.........fart...........ribbit......frog titties"? It has to be a sensitive victimized world giving human qualities to every living species. Have to draw the emotional line somewhere.

You must point out the parts where I invested frank with some sort of complex emotional life. I can't really see them.

Anyone know if it's safe to take 5-Meo-DMT and Bufotenin on Klonpin and Prozac??

Are there MAOIs in there?

Just curious...

And does Bufotenin by itself make your trip without any 5-Meo-DMT?

5-MeO-DMT is not a MAOi but may have some mild MAOi effects. But it is certainly safe to take with benzo's and should be safe with Prozac, though effect may be attenuated.

Jury is out of bufotenine but it certainly does appear to be strongly psychoactive on its own.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.