• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

I Just Bought a Bufo Alvarius...Does Anyone Else on BL Have One?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What kind of life are you going to give your toad phuck? Have you named it yet? Is he just going to sit there in a cardboard box until you've drunk half a dozen budweiser one night and then start pulling his legs apart?

What kind of life are you going to give your toad phuck? Have you named it yet? Is he just going to sit there in a cardboard box until you've drunk half a dozen budweiser one night and then start pulling his legs apart?

No, I drink Corona...

I know it's hard for you to take seriously, phucking , but it would be nice to hear how you plan to go about harvesting your toad without sarcastic undertone c:

I'm sure it's 100% possible to go about giving him a decent life while still collecting venom.
I'm fully aware you don't want to hear preaching so hear me when I say that I also a knowledge you are going to do what you do anyways, henceforth, I'm not preaching, just curious, intrigued and mildly concerned.

did you not read what i wrote......i've kept herps for over 10 years...cobras, puff adders, gaboon vipers and a myriad of other shit...i used to work at the OKC zoo for Christsakes...relax.

Sorry for the sarcasm, but it's a quote from an earler post.

The toad isn't even here yet and i'll probably use a 100 gallon aquarium...?

I wonder, if you were to somehow administer your toad with DMT, would it realise that it was a pet living in a glass box inside someone's living room, and spend the rest of its life convincing itself that was all just a bad trip?

Last edited:
you should name him Emmanuel Bufo.
On weekends you milk Emmanuel for his juices into a plastic cup for future use. Impregnanting your mind with
Mister Bufo's knowledge of perplexing perplexities.

you should name him Emmanuel Bufo.
On weekends you milk Emmanuel for his juices into a plastic cup for future use. Impregnanting your mind with
Mister Bufo's knowledge of perplexing perplexities.
That is my plan exactly...except for the name...his name is Frank.

I've kept ex girlfriends on quick dial because they had good led connects.

I never placed them in a blender however

Well Roger, what is or is not morally reprenhesible is a judgement call, IMO.
Do you eat beef, Pork, Chicken, Fish?...ever seen the inside of a slaughter house?
Do you drive a car? heat your house?...ever seen what an oil slick does to a Pelican.
Quit driving and quit eating or quit giving me your do goody good bullshit.

Do you realise how illogical that statement is?

The only one of the activities you mentioned that I do is drive a car. Can I now judge you? :D

FWIW, I don't believe that you should impulsively buy a toad which only interests you because of its venom.

For the novelty alone, it's worth it. It is a creature that plays a living role in shamanism. Dude, he has a hypnotoad. Nuff said.

OK so the novel value is immense. I've not tried bufotenine but 5 meo dmt sucked. As for the milking I recall a news report where a number of these toads where being kept and the venom milked and pressed into pills. These same pills were being sold as MDMA. One toad is probably not enough but the video footage was of a huge pond that could have kept a gator with more than a few dozen toads hopping about. No need to juice poor Frank just scare him a bit by shoving your face near him and he will sweat sticky toad venom. Give him a few friends and start pushing out your own pills with "frogger" as the logo. You won't be the first nut-bag to do this phuckingnutz.

FWIW, I don't believe that you should impulsively buy a toad which only interests you because of its venom.

Well Will...it's worth about....hmmmm...???...$0.02...which ain't worth shit.

Did I ask every judgemental fucktard on BL to chime in on my moral choice...?...NO, I DIDN'T.
What I asked was, "I Just Bought a Bufo Alvarius...Does Anyone Else on BL Have One?"

Last edited:
Well Will...it's worth about....hmmmm...???...$0.02...which ain't worth shit.

Did I ask every judgemental fucktard on BL to chime in on my moral choice...?...NO, I DIDN'T.
What I asked was "does anyone on BL own a Bufo Alvarius?"

uhh. No. You asked (and I quote the thread title)

Does Anyone Else on BL Have One?

SO NERRRRRR :p hahaha

I thought toad venom was mostly bufotenine, not 5-meo-dmt. Maybe it depends on the variety.

Yeah, most of the info I found-Erowid et al-listed the ratio of bufotenin/5-MeO-DMT as 1/4 MOL.

Yes, maybe there are other species that have more bufotenin than 5-meo-dmt, or at least a similar amount of bufotenin and 5-meo-dmt.

But the Bufo Alvarius (that we are talking about in this thread) venom contains ~1.5 mg/g bufotenin and ~100 mg/g 5-meo-dmt.

That means the bufotenin won't be noticeable and it's gonna be a pure 5-meo-dmt trip.

That sounds plausible and reasonable but I'd prefer not to assume that it would be indistinguishable from pure 5-MeO-DMT, if tested in a double blind trial. Secondary alkaloids could modulate the effects somewhat.

Anyway I think (and agree with some other people here) that caring for the pet properly and meeting its requirements is the most important thing here... if the venom collection is not too invasive. It's just that if you buy a pet like this and want to use its venom the likelihood of caring for it properly is considerably lower than for the average hobby pet keeper. So get your priorities straight.

Again, there is a centralized thread on the topic in the Index:
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=61682

Hopefully there is something in there for you.

When he gets old and dies invite me over to your house for dinner.
We season the eatible parts of his body with chilie peppers and basil and cover him in Panko and deep fry him.
Just like they do in Thailand. When they cook frogs. Fuck i bet he'll be plump and delicious then. Delicate chicken tasting morsel of awesomeness.
Then in our primitive tribal ways
we'll save the skins and dry them out properly in the sun. grind them up.
And i'll blow what remains of him up your nose using a magical yopo snuff wand.

That sounds plausible and reasonable but I'd prefer not to assume that it would be indistinguishable from pure 5-MeO-DMT, if tested in a double blind trial. Secondary alkaloids could modulate the effects somewhat.

The phrase "pure 5-meo-dmt trip" was only meant relative to bufotenin and n,n-dmt.

The Bufo Alvarius venom definitely also contains other compounds that can alter the effects.

I've read that the venom is more visual than pure 5-MeO-DMT, so bufotenine or some of the many other alkaloids must play a synergistic role in the effects, I will let you know though.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, the toad hasn't even arrived yet and may not for a couple of weeks.
I have plenty of time to construct a proper habitat for Frank in that time.
I'll enroll him in school and, if he likes, let him join the football or debate team.

One care and feeding method I've been giving a lot of thought to is the Calaveras County Method...you pour 1-2 pounds of lead shot down his throat and use him as a paper weight or door stop and then for feeding time you just scrape the dinner plates off into his mouth.

My mom used this care and feeding method with me and I turned out allright...didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.