• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

I Just Bought a Bufo Alvarius...Does Anyone Else on BL Have One?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember watching a documentary in school about invasive species that talked about Aussies who get high on toads..... They try to run over those things out there. Talk about cruel!

The people in the film would extract the poison by squeezing or massaging the gland until it naturally released. Due to it being on the back it will shoot all up in the air. Put a flat glass surface where the poison will go or a glass box you can close yet still get your hand in. Use goggles as if you get venom in your eye you will be pissed and in pain. Purifying the poison I don't know about although they just put it on rolled up smoking herbs it seemed possibly after purifying. It wasn't really what the movie was about...

I'm sure the toad wouldn't mind you unclogging his glands if you do it with love in fact your yours may love you even more so for it.

I remember watching a documentary in school about invasive species that talked about Aussies who get high on toads..... They try to run over those things out there. Talk about cruel!

The people in the film would extract the poison by squeezing or massaging the gland until it naturally released. Due to it being on the back it will shoot all up in the air. Put a flat glass surface where the poison will go or a glass box you can close yet still get your hand in. Use goggles as if you get venom in your eye you will be pissed and in pain. Purifying the poison I don't know about although they just put it on rolled up smoking herbs it seemed possibly after purifying. It wasn't really what the movie was about...

I'm sure the toad wouldn't mind you unclogging his glands if you do it with love in fact your yours may love you even more so for it.

We have cane toads (Bufo marinus) here, which aren't psychoactive lol....Yeah, people do some cruel things to them....but they're beyond a pest up north. They were introduced to control cane beetles, then quickly became a problem themselves lol

Does it? Fair enough haha. I only skimmed the wiki page looking for the word "recreational" hahaha

I'm pretty sure that Bufo Marinus (I guess we should say Rhinella Marina) secretes the same toxins and psychoactives as the Sonoran desert toad but perhaps in smaller concentrations. Certainly, their venom is thought to case hallucinations in dogs (who may then begin seeking the toad out).

An ex of mine lived in the far north of Australia and her older brother thought it was tough or manly to describe the terrible ways he would kill cane toads, from hitting them with golf clubs to burning them alive. :|
Fuck that, human, you brought these animals here, now live with them...

Lying about your drug use doesn't reflect upon drug use morally. Gay people lie to their families sometimes, too. A while back, some people in interracial relationships lied to their families. That just means that these things are socially unacceptable (or just unacceptable within that particular family). It doesn't indicate anything about the ethics of the activities themselves.
I get you......I am a white male who has been dating a black female for going on five years now. As you stated im sure hard drug use was less acceptable compared to an interracial relationship within my family circle and it shaped my ideas of where the grey line ends and begins. I strived toward a don't ask don't tell scenario at my worst moreso than having to outright lie when possible. Glad that's over.

As it was very briefly pointed out in passing, about the bufotoxins (amongst others), the venom of these, and the cane toad (B.marinus) do contain actual poison, as well as the tryptamine content of the venom.

The toxin fraction contains a mixture of steroidal compounds with the same, or extremely similar effects to cardiac glycosides such as digitalin, ouabain (from Strophanthus spp.), convallatoxin and the like; these act to slow and steady the heartbeat, and if snorted, taken orally, injected (additional danger of anaphylaxis from the foreign protein content), etc. etc. then the wouldbe user would likely end up with a toad-originated version of digitalis (foxglove), or oleander poisoning, stopping the heart.

Chances are that the anti-digitalis FAB (neutralizing antibody fragment) would neutralize bufotoxins, the antibody is somewhat polyvalent, but it isn't, IIRC, universal. And the chances of an average hospital medic, especially in a country to which the toad is not native, knowing what to do about it are fairly slim if my experiences of hospital doctors in general is anything to go by.

As it was very briefly pointed out in passing, about the bufotoxins (amongst others), the venom of these, and the cane toad (B.marinus) do contain actual poison, as well as the tryptamine content of the venom.

The toxin fraction contains a mixture of steroidal compounds with the same, or extremely similar effects to cardiac glycosides such as digitalin, ouabain (from Strophanthus spp.), convallatoxin and the like; these act to slow and steady the heartbeat, and if snorted, taken orally, injected (additional danger of anaphylaxis from the foreign protein content), etc. etc. then the wouldbe user would likely end up with a toad-originated version of digitalis (foxglove), or oleander poisoning, stopping the heart.

Chances are that the anti-digitalis FAB (neutralizing antibody fragment) would neutralize bufotoxins, the antibody is somewhat polyvalent, but it isn't, IIRC, universal. And the chances of an average hospital medic, especially in a country to which the toad is not native, knowing what to do about it are fairly slim if my experiences of hospital doctors in general is anything to go by.

jeeze louise...HR means "harm' reduction NOT "High' reduction there is such a thing as being too careful...anti-digitalis...?...c'mon man!

^^^^

So from that info it sounds like trying to get high off this toad might kill you?

How do people manage to use these toads to trip without dying if the toxins contained therein can stop one's heart?

Just curious.

The steroid cardiotoxins don't seem to carry over when the venom is smoked. Oral administration, nasal, rectal, etc. would all allow the digitalis-like steroids to act. Either they decompose when heated, or just simply aren't volatile enough to come over with the tryptamine fraction at the temperatures applied when vaporising the harvested venom.

I was not suggesting end-users of the toad venom seek out the digitalis antidote, but rather, telling what would counteract the poisons in a hospital situation if somebody tried taking the venom by a route other than vaporization and poisoned themselves.

But yes, if the venom was used wrongly, it could kill. Plenty of dogs, for instance, in australia, die from trying to eat cane toads.

Plenty of dogs, for instance, in australia, die from trying to eat cane toads.

I just downloaded this funny documentary Cane Toads: The Conquest
Featuring: Dobby a toad licking dog
(also Melrose a shining example of a Cane Toad kept as a pet)

Any progress regarding Frank?

Last edited:
lol, i am struggling with this one. WHY ARE YOU USING SNAKE VENOM TO HALLUCINATE WHEN THERE ARE PLENTY OF OTHER PSYCHADELICS OUT THERE?

or am i missing out on some mega ultra uber high here. i dunno.

Not snake venom, these are toads, they excrete 5-Meo-DMT for he most part and bufotenine a.o.

But indeed if I were to try 5-meo-dmt I would get pure hcl, also there are still plenty of nice ones I still haven't tried, that are orally active, so I'm in no rush, but think it's pretty cool.

Last edited:
ah right, see, i thought it was snake all along and the frog parts didn't add up, now they do.

literally don't see why people have their own tithes in a twist over this one, let the guy enjoy his toad and toad experiences.

if it were me id milk the hell out of that thing, but milking seems to be the wrong word to use here, i'd extract all it's venom. surely there must be someone else that has these fucking things and trips ball off of them (even if they only lick them) i can't imagine what its extract must be like.

though i've never partaken in the whole DMT thing - i don't see that as being pleasant overall, but then again, its not meant to be a hedonistic compound unlike whatever the fuck I'm on at the moment.

^Milking is certainly the correct word, but the real question is whether its done carefully and lovingly :)

who cares?! literally are you just fucking with this guy? poor soul. all he wants to do is extract the potent chemicals from this toad. fuck animal rights. its a fucking toad.

literally "if its done lovingly and carefully" goes on my pile of nope. *snip off topic*

Last edited by a moderator:
willow11, you should see this documentary Cane Toads: The Conquest!

There definitely are some people who take good care of their pets also it gives some perspective to what you are worrying about.
Sheds light on a new industry in Australia where the toads are milked/squeezed on an industrial scale for their poison (venom comes from fangs or when an animal injects it like getting stung by a wasp / spider) also their gallbladder etc the Chinese regard it as precious medicine, they also sell them the legs as frog legs to sell in restaurants. Some Australians even make clothing like hats and handbags out of them with heads on the side and all..

So don't get me wrong I love animals, most of my pets chose to stay with me I never 'got' one, but if Frank were to be imported from Australia (except he's not (a cane toad)) he would be one of the luckiest toads out of Australia...

But even so.. there were some nice people there who saved some from their gruesome fate and they were clearly happy with their new home/owner/buddy etc... I can't imagine someone who has invested in this passion/hobby/profession (he worked at a zoo) who would after months finally get his pet Frank, to handle him without the necessary respect and love.

So there I've said it! I hope this settles down now or I wil personally go and visit Frank and give him a hug etc ..%) and if he's not well treated I will take him with me.:p

Last edited:
I'm sure toad cares if you treat it with love.... You need to always remember to respect all aspects of life not just human.

Bad as I hate to do it folks...I gotta tell ya, I rethunk the toad thing a couple o' weeks ago, but didn't have the heart to tell anyone and kill this lively thread...already got my refund....peace out.

Status
Not open for further replies.