• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

How would you feel about your kid accessing Bluelight?

Could be.... Or my nail extensions :)

hahahaha

I really did have nail extensions Christmas time n they're right annoying to type with. I ripped them off I ripped holes in my nails. Bought some nail vanish remover with acetone in it just encase lol

Evey

Aye, last time Im having themm Domw ...

Do you have access to a pc where you are, Scotchy?

Anyway unless the mods clout us one I'll get back on topic I agree with your post re kids. My kids have a kinda ovsessive personality n since watching peppa pig where they gave them medicine had a thing about wanting some. So I have tried to teach her, in laymens terms, about the immune system n how at times it should be allowed to do its job I also told her what happened to me "when I had those tablets for my leg" (it's difficult to explain L5/S1 herniated disc to a child) that I relied on it to much n now have to use other medication. People may think kids are stupid but they're not

Talk to them. Explain things. Don't shy away. Obviously some things are too adult but honesty n keeping a open communication with your child will more likely keep them safe. I'm trying a different tactic from what I had with my parents.

I want my child to feel safe to talk to me about things. To be honest I'd rather her do that than go on any website - but I'd rather, as a last resort, her go on a HR reduction site. The limitations are that she will be introduced to other substances she'd never known about before

Couldn't properly explain this before as had no energy. Personally the day my child feels she's unable to talk to me will be the day I feellike I've failed. If they cannot talk to their parents there's something wrong

Evey

Access alone means little, what does matter is the what and why of such.

Inquiring about IM Ibuprofen for a crack comedown differs slightly from searching for dose/side-effects/toxicity associated.

Can't really make comment on cravk as never took it. But you make a good point.

It's late so apologies if I have perceived it wrongly.

What is the reason for accessing BL

Harm reduction can be applied to both of those can be used

If some consumes too much ibuprofen they can damaged their stomach thus becoming toxic. If they take too much benzos it can have negative affects. There's also possible allergy affects to anything if not consumed before. Alcohol can be poisonous if taken too much or to stronger which people are also advised by other members to use as a comedown method.

Dose n possiblr toxicity what not can be linked into most questions can it not? The substances may not have similar toxity as say, some RCs, but can have levels of toxicity if used inappropriately. Heroin n most opiates may seem less harmful in terms of say codein n paracetamol, but can be harmful if used reckless to the point of overdose. Useful knowledge of narcom / nalaxone can save a life. Also there's the possibility of a user using opiates sensibly but getting from a dodgy dealer who havs, say, cut Heroin with Fent.

Im probably talking a loada shite but I'm watching an emotional episode of Neighbours at the same time.

Evey

Let's face facts, bluelight probably does just as much to encourage and facilitate dangerous behaviour as it does prevent it.

Let's face facts, bluelight probably does just as much to encourage and facilitate dangerous behaviour as it does prevent it.

BL does nothing to encourage drug use.
BL does nothing to prevent drug use.
The mission is harm reduction.

Facilitation (verb: make an act or process easy or easier) would theoretically be true. But only the process of using the drug itself, not actually procuring the drug.

I said nothing about drug use, I said dangerous behaviour. Learn to read before jumping on your high horse. You don't need to tell me what the mission of this website is, I was an active member a decade before you joined and moderating it years before you joined too. It's just that having been around a while now I'm slightly more realistic about the effect this resource actually has on the people who utilise it.

encourage
ɪnˈkʌrɪdʒ,ɛn-/Submit
verb
give support, confidence, or hope to (someone).
"we were encouraged by the success of this venture"
synonyms: hearten, cheer, buoy up, uplift, inspire, motivate, egg on, spur on, stir, stir up, whip up, fire up, stimulate, animate, invigorate, vitalize, revitalize, embolden, fortify, rally, incite; More
persuade (someone) to do or continue to do something by giving support and advice.
"pupils are encouraged to be creative"
synonyms: persuade, coax, urge, press, push, pressure, pressurize, exhort, spur, prod, goad, egg on, prompt, influence, sway; More
stimulate the development of (an activity, state, or belief).
"the intention is to encourage new writing talent"

I do sometimes worry about to what degree BL promotes harm reduction versus how much drug use/destructive behaviour is actively encouraged.....

Certainly everyone who uses BL is an adult (hopefully) and makesi their own decisions but you wonder if sometimes people arent introduced to more dangerous substances as a direct result of being on the site.

The balance between seeking out and providing valid harm reduction advice versus introducing people to and encouraging them to engage in even more harmful practices is indeed a fine one...

Just my $0.02 anyway.....

Whilst there are certainly some reckless posts on here, I think they are balanced by a sufficient amount of reckful (wait, is that a proper word?) posts. Poor HR advice gets shot down whenever it appears. Someone using the search engine and scrolling back ought to be able to tell the difference. And if you follow a sequence of posts thst reads like "Shall I try xxxx?" -> "No, bad idea" -> "I've got some xxxx, how much do I take" -> "Get some scales and weigh it properly" -> "Too much bother" -> "Bad idea, you don't want to take too much" -> "Wibble wibble it's tgrdd in tjr mptmibg goe nuch xxcx fid I rake? Wibble blah", then that rather speaks for itself.

Stupid people don't need any help doing stupid things. But maybe we can help a few people avoid doing anything too stupid.

How do I come across in terms of "reck" (one more crime against the English language can't hurt), anyway? I know I've had some good fun on assorted substances, but I don't think I've ever sugar-coated it .....

Whilst there are certainly some reckless posts on here, I think they are balanced by a sufficient amount of reckful (wait, is that a proper word?) posts. Poor HR advice gets shot down whenever it appears. Someone using the search engine and scrolling back ought to be able to tell the difference. And if you follow a sequence of posts thst reads like "Shall I try xxxx?" -> "No, bad idea" -> "I've got some xxxx, how much do I take" -> "Get some scales and weigh it properly" -> "Too much bother" -> "Bad idea, you don't want to take too much" -> "Wibble wibble it's tgrdd in tjr mptmibg goe nuch xxcx fid I rake? Wibble blah", then that rather speaks for itself.

Stupid people don't need any help doing stupid things. But maybe we can help a few people avoid doing anything too stupid.

How do I come across in terms of "reck" (one more crime against the English language can't hurt), anyway? I know I've had some good fun on assorted substances, but I don't think I've ever sugar-coated it .....

I think it very much depends on the poster.. Its good that there are some thoughtful posters in EADD and it's also good that we can have the type of discussion that you and I are engaged in right now.....

Some posts are just absolute dross though :)

Still everyone has the right to post regardless of what shite they actually come up with....

"Reckfull?....one of those words that sounds like it SHOULD exist...............but probably doesnt :)

I dunno, for me the challenges are a little more subtle than that. For instance, if you let people discuss how to break down a pill for injection then it doesn't matter how well educated the discussion is and how many times people write that it's incredibly unsafe and even using a micron filter etc etc you shouldn't be doing it. The reality is that whilst there will be a certain amount of people who were already shooting pills who might now clean up their technique a bit, there will also be a certain number of people who read that that are now furnished with the knowledge to go out and engage in the intrinsically harm causing activity of shooting pills who may not have done so without being guided through how to do so.

When we allow the discussion to then be peppered with talk of oh x drug is the best hit ever it's fucking amazing etc etc it doesn't take a genius to work out that a significant number of people are going to see the information explaining how to use the drug they may not have known how to use before, they see all the positive reviews, and there's a good chance they might start engaging in dangerous drug use they otherwise might not have....and let's face it how often do people's standards of harm reduction behaviour in their real life live up to what is promoted on the site? Probably not that often, especially when you're living life as a desperate junkie.

I don't think it really matters how focused on harm reduction the discussion is (and frankly it isn't particularly centred on harm reduction within many areas of this website), there are always going to be massive challenges that come with allowing such frank discussion and I think a lot of people have their head in the sand about the effects it actually has. I've come to realise that really allowing people to post about their subjective opinions and experiences of drugs alongside practical information about how to use them actually represents a massive conflict of interests and that if the site was really serious about hr it wouldnt run these two paths of on the one hand being a rich information source that allows people to use drugs more safely and on the other is just a place for people to hang out and talk about how great taking drugs is (or conversely how bad it is). For me you can't really claim to be serious about hr unless these two things are separated, more and more I feel as if the term 'hr' is just a slogan we operate under to allow us to talk freely about getting fucked up with minimal interference from the authorities.

The harm reduction angle is simply a legal ploy that prevents the whole place being targeted by the powers that be. While there is plenty of good advice on how to take drugs with less harm, there is no real quality control on the information handed out.

For no fault of their own the staff are majority run of the mill druggies, with very few coming to the table with any academic or medical training. If this place was an actual corporate organisation there would be problems as soon as an official audit was performed. The Darkside, while noble in intent, is lacking any proper psychiatric professionals, and as such is often dangerously negligent when faced with seriously mentally ill members.

The promotion of a miriad of unknown research chemicals over the past 5 years is yet another area of concern. Rather than supply any actual scientific data, what bluelight promotes instead is a group of drug Guinea pigs and their ad hock experimentation. Not once have I seen someone document their experiences with any real medical reporting. Simply things like measuring blood pressure and temperature would be far more enlightening rather than stories of black outs and police encounters after neighbours have grown concerned. More worryingly still are the members who increasingly fill the shrine. Once again if any other business or organisation had such a high number of fatalities, their legitimacy would be quickly questioned.

it is easy to feel normal in a place like bluelight. When you surround yourself in other drug users and band together against the rest of society, the sense of community can often blind people to the real dangers of drug use. Add to this the practice of stifling debate when things get heated, and a fear of creating conflict because of fear of upsetting already unstable minds, I simply can't agree with the notion that this place is the bastion of health and well being that it likes to portray itself.

I don't think there is any reason that critically examining the results of bluelight's existence in the context of it's stated goals should be mutually exclusive to continuing to visit should it? Conversely I think that those who visit the most and have been a part of the site for a long time should be most willing to open their mouths and voice their opinion.

How would I feel about them posting on a website populated primarily by a load of drug addicted wastes of space? Not great tbh.

Pretty much. But as my dad said about me being a pothead "at least your not gay" which is his way of saying "there are worse things you could do."

BTW love the thread very interesting debate.

To be fair debate is how things progress. I miss writing an objective argument for - n against something - in working out the best way fwd. this is an amazing site but it, like amything, has floors. Why not address them, see if they are justified or not? If so, explain why acknowledge n dismiss. If so, suggestion n/ changes can possibly be made?

Pretty much. But as my dad said about me being a pothead "at least your not gay" which is his way of saying "there are worse things you could do."

BTW love the thread very interesting debate.

What's wrong with being gay? I've lots of friends who are gay n they're lovely <3

Evey

Bluelight to me is a huge paradox. If I had known about it much earlier in life, say ten years ago, I could have benefit from it a lot more because the harm reduction aspect when it comes to any and all drugs is amazing. You get to talk to people from all walks of life about their experiences and in doing so often find love, strength and hope.

That being said, this website can be incredibly influential if you are susceptible to that sort of thing. I was a drug addict already for years before I found Bluelight. I didn't know anything about research chemicals until Bluelight. It is safe to say I think, that my addiction to rc benzos would have never happened had it not been first for my own stupidity and second for reading about them on this website. For me personally, this website has probably done more bad then good. But I keep coming back, like any good addict would.

If my child does access Bluelight, I hope that they are stronger and more intelligent then myself. I also hope that their interests far exceed my own :)

Last edited:
^ i tend to agree.

are there drugs i have tried only because i learned about them on bluelight? yes.
is there a chance i'd have harmed myself, potentially fatally, without bluelight? yes.

what i do is my responsibility and nobody else's. if i die in a drug-related accident it's not bluelight's fault regardless of how much the moan-about-the-darkness-rather-than-change-a-lightbulb brigade would like to pin it on bluelight and its staff.

alasdair