• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction How-To prepare liquid Morphine from time released tablets

Sorry I'm a n00b but can you smoke this formula?
No, just like you don't smoke any pharmaceutical tablet. Heat destroys opiates, especially morphine. Inhaling the burnt ingredients that make up a tablet is beyond unhealthy, probably causes cancer, emphysema, COPD, chronic bronchitis, other pulmonary disease.
Pills are not for smoking.

If i'm having IR Morphine Sulphate Pills, is there any need to let the water saturate (as recommended, 8-12hrs) before administration?

Many thanks!

No, there is not. MS-IR is not a time released tablet, and morphine is freely soluble in cold water. Would you probably yield a few percent more? Sure, but I never have done so with MS-IR, that's one of the "just add water" type opiates.

No, just like you don't smoke any pharmaceutical tablet. Heat destroys opiates, especially morphine. Inhaling the burnt ingredients that make up a tablet is beyond unhealthy, probably causes cancer, emphysema, COPD, chronic bronchitis, other pulmonary disease.
Pills are not for smoking.

This. Smoking pills is beyond idiotic.

on various documentaries and also Intervention, I have seen people smoke pills off tin foil, with a lighter underneath, sucking up the fumes with like a glass pipe. heat destroys opiates, so what are they getting high off?

I'm curious if you can cut significant time off step 8 by using an ultrasonic cleaner (ie, jewelry cleaner). The reason I ask is because I use an ultrasonic cleaner to take steep times on my e-liquids from 1 week to 2 hours. What would take 1 week of a glass vial just sitting there with PG/VG/Flavoring is equivalent to 120 minutes in my U.C.

Thanks for the writeup!

Jewelry cleaner

This process of morphine release from their slow-release matrices only takes 8-12 hours, nowhere near a week!! And we aren't using propylene glycol, vegetable based, glycerine-like solvents, just water, so I have no idea whether "Jewelry cleaner" does anything. Can you elaborate on what you think it would do?

Wow.

Ok, first off, if you want a faster onset, rectal isn't the way to go. Morphine's horrible lipid solubility makes rectal absorption slow and erratic. In fact in some cases the tmax of rectal is longer than the that of MScontin itself! So you might end up with a slower onset...
Second, Cmax from rectal is often lower than oral. So longer Tmax, lower Cmax... The only advantage then, would be the longer duration. But if you're breaking the time release, you clearly don't care about that.

In fairness, BA from rectal can be higher than oral, which leads me to believe it CAN be more effective, but this isn't reliable, and the slow absorption and increased duration mean that Cmax would, at best be the same as oral.

Also, this whole process is unnecessary. A university did an experiment, and with only 4ml of water extracted about 95% of a 60mg mscontin. Since the FDA allows time released medication to vary by 10%, making 95% effectively 100%, since it could be as low as 90% in any case.

Believe me, I IV morphine all the time, it is my DOC. And you do not need to go through this trouble to break the time release. Maybe some brands are harder than others, but I've used multiple brands and have never had any trouble, and of course the university did it in a matter of with 4-5ml of water.

I fucking love morphine, but this is more than a typical user would go through, and it is unnecessary.(With most brands, I'll grant that some may be harder,, and require some project like this.)

If you want morphine to hit harder and faster, break the time release, and take it orally with baking Soda.

I sure know the ABG's were a simple grind to powder finely add water and filter. Can fit around 60 mg in one 1ml syringe. Pins and needles galore, the power of IV morphine was more wicked than I had anticipated. I used the abg 100's super easy. The ones with the big M were not as easy to extract for me.

With morphine its a world of difference IV compared to other ROA'S. I only enjoy it IV... oral and snorting suck so bad. I remember way back thinking damn shouldn't these 100 mg tabs feel as good or better as an OC 80 when I was snorting. Then I learned why they sure didn't :)

I currently take my MS Contins orally, the 60mg ones, I take 3 at a time, then 1-3 more throughout the day. My question is, after letting it sit for the 12 hours, it then becomes in effect an instant release prep. I plan on trying this and plugging will be my ROA. I want to know how I should recalculate my dose so I don't accidentally take too much. I'm just not getting the pain relief and the nice buzz anymore and would like to either making them last longer or work better. I'm sure plugging an instant release solution of 180mg would be much different than taking them orally, even though I do chew them first. I'm just trying to be safe! Any info on this would be appreciated. Especially from tricomb as he seems to be the expert in this area.

I would not start off plugging the full 180mg of a, hopefully if you followed the directions correctly, yielding instant release morphine solution. I have taken the liquid morphine derived via this method and for HR, taken it orally first just to make sure that the potency of the solution is consistent, and how effectively you think you've defeated the time release, taking the solution via the rectal ROA like this guide mentions to discourage intravenous abuse since this prep process does not get rid of the inactive ingredients, which are extremely dangerous to inject, especially in time released pills like Morphine ER / MS Contin.

I don't know whether you have much experience w/ plugging but I definitely would not take 180mg rectally if your currently taking the same dose via the oral ROA since the rectal route according to the studies and research I've read all indicate a bioavailability gain of potentially 2-3x over the oral bioavailability, so you should maybe just try 60mg rectally and see how much stronger it is for you and then adjust PRN. Be careful, people underestimate how strong and hard it can hit you via the rectal ROA so treat it with the same level of precaution and care that you would say, the IV ROA.

Hope this helps, never inject your medication!

Hi -- for clarification, simply wiping the pill with isopropyl alcohol on a cotton ball will remove the coating?? It's that simple? Also, will 91% isopropyl work?

I prepared the liquid with cold water and left it for 12 hours. I was left with a three layer solution: the waxy stuff at the bottom, then a clear middle and I white, cloudy top layer. This is the first time I have tried this and unsure what part I draw up in the needle. Am I missing something here?

Man, all I know is that all the MSCONTIN I've tried gelled up BAD..i mean not as nearly as severe as the new OP's or Opanas, you can at least crush them good, but I sure wouldn't feel safe iving that shit, no matter how many times I refined it.

I didn't know they gelled up till I went to plug a handful of 15mg msc's and was like "well I guess i'm going to plug this Morphine-semen contin since apparently they are using elephant semen to gel these things up...well bottoms up!"

Question

Does anyone know anything about how to find 29GA leur lock needle tips? And those micron filters - they're expensive, are they designed only to be used with leur lock equipment. This is for my diabetic cat :)

This guide is written for the sole intention of use with extended release morphine sulphate. Not OP Oxycontin, not reformulated Opana etc.

Thankyou mate, open for replies/discussion.

As far as I know they're not reformulating morphine sulphate ER, maybe the brand names but certainly not the countless available generics. If this method does not work for a particular brand, I definitely want that information to be readily available as to reduce harm.

Personally i think plugging is hugely over rated and that morphines bio must be fairly similar between oral and rectal use. Im sure the lowest dose of a morphine suppositry is 15mg in uk where 10 mg is the lowest in instant release tablets and 5mg as time released morphine. Also i think morphine's water solubilty is wrong on wikipedia it says 62.5mg per 1ml .

Im pritty sure that it does not exceed 30-40mg when your trying to dissolve it in cold water and that its water solubility should have 2 different figures for cold water and warm/hot water. Ive been on mst for years and have tried plugging it loads of times. Im going to give the baking soda tip a try with 2x 30mg tablet.s I did plug 5x 10mg Instant Release Morphine and a 100mg grey mst continus at the same time with about 5ml of water a couple of years back and got absolutely sod all of it. In fact im sure oral would of been better. Can anyone list a decent method that they know for a fact does work on the mst continus brand so i can re assess my opinions on plugging? Also Is instant release better or Time release better. Also is plugging the wax bad for your health in any way ? Obviously it is if injected but with plugging should you filter your solution ?

What about Diamorphine hydrochloride tablets if one was to aquire some they only come in 10mg's would they be better for plugging than 10mg Morphine Sulphate 10mg instant release sevredol ? And will morph, oxy or diamorph tabs popped into a oral medicine syringe with water drawn up using a shake and shoot method work fine with instant release tablets ? I need to switch my meds to oxy or diamorphine tablets as im so oral morphine tollerant thats how i know plugging is no better or if it is, Its only by a fraction.

Also have you or anyone ever done a comparrison against wheel filters and those sterifilt ?

peace out

Okay, so say I follow these steps and get my ER pills into an IR solution. I currently can take up to 360mg morphine ER, orally, chewing them up, to be where I want to be. So how do I dose this new IR liquid either orally, or by plugging? I don't want to OD, just can't quite do the math to figure out how much of an IR solution I should use to get the same results of taking what I usually take in the ER version. If the extra info helps at all, if I don't have morphine, I usually take 120-140mg of Oxy split up between 2 or 4 doeses throughout the day, and since those are percocet, that is IR. Any advice on how I should dose the IR liquid? My goal is to make the meds I get work better with less, therefore making them last longer in the long run.

I see Tricomb answered most of this for me, but knowing I can take 60mg of oxy IR orally without a problem, does that make a difference in what I should be able to handle with an IR morphine solution?

Last edited: