• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction How-To prepare liquid Morphine from time released tablets

I guess thats really what it comes down to regardless, proper filtering. It sucks having to use these massive syringes to do a dose tho lol. Even 200mg u need a 3ml. I almost wanna go back to dilaudid if it werent for the fact it has no legs

why does it take 12 hours? i thought that morphine was totally soluble in water, it doesn't make sense to me that it would take that long.

why does it take 12 hours? i thought that morphine was totally soluble in water, it doesn't make sense to me that it would take that long.

Because they built Extended Release pills with a time release, meant to release some instantly, and the rest over 12 hours. This method uses TIME to defeat the time release. Morphine is freely soluble in water, up to 60mg/mL.

i just went ahead and did up all 4 of the pills i got in a shotglass using your method... should be ready early tomorrow am. i counted up by sixty for every mL of water I added to get up & over 800mg. i don't have any syringes bigger than 1cc right now so i guess i'll be doing back to back 60mg shots tomorrow... oh well

Nah man there's zero point to adding heat besides degrading the morphine. I'm looking at it from a chemisty standpoint.

My method works great for my purposes. I've tried heat in the past with IV morphine and heroin and cold shots are ALWAYS better

updated.

edit: Mydrugbuddy: you can filter out the wax matrix with a 0.2 Micron filter. For rectal use though, there is no need to filter out the wax matrix.

I would add a few steps after step 8:

9. Add 9mg/mL of NaCl and shake
10. Cool solution slightly above freezing point

Making the solution saline prevents bacteria growth and also prevents the wax and other compounds from dissolving in the water by increasing the ionic strength of the solution. Also, if you cool solution to freezing point you gotta calculate twice the water volume you usually use to get the 60mg/mL

The reason why it's good to cool to freezing point with opioids is that the dissolution curves for opioids are flat, while for polymers, waxes, cellulose and others, the curves are bent inwards, I talk about the curves (mg/mL dissolved) vs. (temperature). So cooling down will decrease the solubility of the opioid but not that much compared to the other compounds which will precipitate almost in totality! That is if you're really paranoid about having a pure, bacteria free solution.

There's no way to bypass step 8 unfortunatly lol you gotta wait 8 hours. You could reflux in NaCl for an hour instead but you will likely lose half the morphine.

It also depends how close to the solubility limit you operate. For example, if you want to extract 600mg of morphine and use 10mL of water, you will have a problem in the sense that the final 100mg of morphine will never dissolve. Dissolution is a reaction and the the reaction rate depends on how many free water molecules are around the wax in order to dissolve it. When you have already liberated 300mg of morphine, 5mL of water are "busy" keeping the morphine in solution and cannot help dissolve the remaining wax, not to mention the water molecules being busy keeping the previously dissolved wax in solution. This means it would take 5x, 10x or even 100x more time to liberate the remaining morphine. I would operate at 200% of the solubility limit just to make sure everything comes out. And once it's out it's piece of cake, you cool the shit out of it and can remove most wax.

Also after cooling it's good to shake the crap out of it to remove supersaturation

Yeah OR, just use saline from the beginning ;) ^ ^

It also depends how close to the solubility limit you operate. For example, if you want to extract 600mg of morphine and use 10mL of water, you will have a problem in the sense that the final 100mg of morphine will never dissolve. Dissolution is a reaction and the the reaction rate depends on how many free water molecules are around the wax in order to dissolve it. When you have already liberated 300mg of morphine, 5mL of water are "busy" keeping the morphine in solution and cannot help dissolve the remaining wax, not to mention the water molecules being busy keeping the previously dissolved wax in solution. This means it would take 5x, 10x or even 100x more time to liberate the remaining morphine. I would operate at 200% of the solubility limit just to make sure everything comes out. And once it's out it's piece of cake, you cool the shit out of it and can remove most wax.

Also after cooling it's good to shake the crap out of it to remove supersaturation

Can you explain how this is a problem using 10mL of water with 600mg morphine, but not using 1mL of water with 60mg morphine?

Last edited:
Yeah OR, just use saline from the beginning ;) ^ ^

Can you explain how this is a problem using 10mL of water with 600mg morphine, but not using 1mL of water with 60mg morphine?

It's not, it's the same thing. I took the 600mg as an example because I didn't know you were doing it with only 1 pill. In your case, the final 20% will take much longer to dissolve than usual because, as the morphine dissolves, the rate of dissolution drops because the water is diluted, which is probably why you suggest waiting 12 hours. "Diluted" is hard to understand here, I'll look into it in detail:

Imagine putting a drop of 100% sulfuric acid on your skin. The acid will require 10 seconds to penetrate the skin and cause permanent damage. Now, if you add a drop of 25% sulfuric acid, damage will only occur after 2 minutes and if the acid was 5%, no damage would occur after whatever time. That's because the acid, the active ingredient required to perform the reaction of piercing your skin was DILUTED. This means that there was less active molecules available per unit volume than usual.

Think of the morphine gel as "the skin" in the previous case, and the water as the "sulfuric acid". The water eats on the pill, just like sulfuric acid would eat on your skin right? Well, here's the problem, as it eats through, it gets diluted by whatever it's eating and loses strength, a whole lot of it. That's because there's less water molecules per unit volume around the pill to eat through it. Imagine a gang of 10 freaks beating up a rich fat businessman, and as they do so, money flys from his pockets in all directions, so the freaks jump to pick it up, so all of a sudden, instead of 10 people hitting him, there's only 1 or 2! It takes those 1 or 2 freaks much longer to fix his jaw...since the others are too busy picking the money!

I mean no hate towards businessmen, I could have picked lawyers or politicians...nevermind, nevermind what I said lol ^____^

Haha, I dunno man...

You can use codeine phosphate extraction from a Tylenol 1 pill as example instead lol. The solubility of morphine just so happens to be slightly soluble 60mg/mL but codeine is 1400mg/mL. In a pill containing 8mg of codeine, in theory you would only need 8/1400 x 1mL = 5.7 microliters of water, 5.7 microliters is the amount of water visible on the head of a pin. Imagine adding that amount in hopes of dissolving the pill ^_^

The water added must get through the binder and dissolve the active ingredient. I have never done this so it looks like 1mL is enough to do the job. What I'm saying is, have you tried with 2mL, just to make sure you get it all out with 1ml, which you prolly have, just a question.

I don't know where you're from but in the USA chewing ER morphine doesn't defeat the time release.

I dunno about that...I've taken 90mg ER (3 30mg Mallies) quite a few times, and 100mg ER (they grey mallies) and not gotten a high really, but I chewed up a blue 100mg pill...well...I'll post a picture of it:

and it kicked my fucking ass...

edit: nevermind...that was the second one I had eaten 3 hours...

I forgot about that...well...I forgot most of that night...MADE me pass out (as opposed to just slowly nodding out) and woke up puking all the next day lmfao...had to call the doc and get some phenergan called in lol...

Trust, crushing morphine ER in the USA is not likely to defeat the time release. More surface area = more absorption though, so that might be partly at play here.

Breaking Morphine N 200 Time Release

I have acquired a 200mg morphine pill that is red with an imprint "N | N" on one side and "200" on the other.

This is it here:
http://www.pharmer.org/images/foreign/morphine-n-200

I was just wondering how to break the time release on it so I can take it orally and get all 200mg at once... I did a search but haven't found anything specific to this pill.

I know how to break N 100's by removing the coating, crushing it, and dissolving it in water... Would it be the same method for these?

Is it necessary to let the crushed pill sit in water for ~8 hours to ensure the time release mechanism is defeated, or would dumping it in water and stirring it for a few minutes suffice?

I understand morphine is soluble in water at 60mg/mL... If I had 200mg powder could I dissolve it in say 10mL of water as opposed to 3.33mL? Would that make this process less effective at all? I wouldn't think so, but I like to ask to be 100% certain lol.

Thanks to all helpful responses.

Last edited:
Adding 2ml water to 120mg of morphine sulphate powder doesn't seem to submerge all the powder into the water... Can I use say 5ml in this case? Or I'm not quite sure I understand solubility very well lol...

Here you go. Next time please search before posting a simple question such as this.

Adding 2ml water to 120mg of morphine sulphate powder doesn't seem to submerge all the powder into the water... Can I use say 5ml in this case? Or I'm not quite sure I understand solubility very well lol...
Would be fine. The more water you use, the bigger syringe you have to use, which some people consider to be an inconvenience.

Turning MS Contin (controlled release) into instant release liquid.

I know i've seen around some sites and i think this one that it is possible to turn your MS contins into instant release liquid by crushing the pill into fine powder and adding water then shake and wait 12 hours which after you wait should bypass all the time release formulas, therefore making it instant release.

so, my question is has anyone heard of this? it all seems legit, i just don't want to waste any meds that i don't have to. also if you've done it how did it work? notice any big differences?

mods: if this is in the wrong section please forward me to the correct section, also can you please not merge me to the morphine mega thread for a while. thanks so much.