• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants How to kill an amphetamine high?

Klonopin is amazing with amphetamines. I find it doesn't kill the rush and positive effects but it completely cures all the negatives- jitters, paranoia, everything you dislike about amps is gone and you feel slightly relaxed yet sped up at the same time, it almost gives you a second wave when you think you are about to crash and you feel great and it eases the come down when the time comes to make it virtually non existent. Add some xanax if you want to kill the amp high altogether.

I usually drink a lot of OJ, force myself to eat, take some Vit C, some benzos and lay down. that makes falling asleep easier. maybe put on some relaxing music.

i use adderal for school and i dont ever take Amps and then try to kill the high automatically or anything (if even possible) but when the adderall has run its course and 6 hours later or so i will def take some xanax preferably but any benzo will work and that is prob the easiest and most available way to get down from an amp high, as Palli said barbs, GHB and others would work

DONT USE ALCOHOL TO DO IT THOUGH.

when the body has had too much alcohol the bodies passes itself out as a way of not allowing anymore alcohol into the system, Amps allow one to drink past this point and can allow someone to literally drink themselves to death and never pass out, this is what happened to the lead singer of ACDC i believe

Amps n alcohol can be fine but dont try to drink the Amps away

i think i read somewhere alcohol actually causes you to metabolize the amps more slowly as well, just like baking soda but in a much more destructive way of course.

whenever i drink and do meth or amps i feel like a fuckn king but usually end up drinking everyone under the table (maybe several bottles) thinking that i'm completely sober but actually a complete lunatic who will then stay up for a week talking to himself

some of the things mentioned are ok, but once you use amps long enough, ime, nothing puts you to sleep even hours (sometimes days) after the drug has run its course.. something to do with dopamine loss, i think

benzos don't knock me out anymore and benadryl keeps me awake even longer cause it shoots my bp up and i feel like shit

the best thing may be to exercise or drink a lot of vitamin c to flush it out of your system

Better to try using a benzodiazepine plus clonidine to start. Then bring out the dopamine blockers if neccessary. A good antipsychotic to try is quetiapine (seroquel) along with a benzodiazepine (diazepam, lorazepam) because it has a low affinity for D2 receptors and is very sedating.

Seroquel and thorazine both work as dopamine antagonists, but they dont effect the epi and serotonin system.

Yes--seroquel will antagonize the serotonin and norepinephrine activity. (Quoted from Family Practice Notebook.com/mirtazapine).
A good dose of benzos on top of that should bring you down. If you are depressed from the comedown, try strong mu-receptor opiates (various).

ive found that lyrica in a dosage of 500-700 mgs of lyrica (pregabalin) will put you in a state similar to the end of a night of moderate drinkin followed by heavy tokin, just rrrreally content to not move, kinda jus look at shit and PTFO sooner than you know. keep in mind that lyricas therapeutic dosage is not normally prescribed above 150 mgs as far as ive heard of, but from anything ive read, pregabalin really hasnt proven to be toxic at any feasibly human ingestion level.....but it can be overpowering, complete loss of balance at times, generally drowsiness, slurred speech, essentially being stereotypical frat life wasted....but i imagine thats what you want. lyrica is deffff also a gaba drug like ambien and benzos with a not clearly well understood mode of action, but let me tell ya, nothin works to kill a nite of tweakd out studyin like lyrica in a pinch. aaaand idk bout the weed and alcohol.....i feel like drugs like amps and rrrreally any kind of stimulant that is schedule I or II are impervious to reefer. i can smoke bowls on end and feel no form of sedation let alone feeling stoned. hope that helps.

syroquel kills trips for me, or trazadone. Puts you right to sleep. Zopiclone is amazing, as it's a sleeping pill that works similarily to a benzo. I find benzos just take the edge off the amph high but don't help with sleep or anything unless at high doses (which can be risky, amnesia, etc).

^The other vitamin H does a fine job too.

Problem with benzos is if you have instant access to them like that, theres a good chance you take them all the time, maybe even need them.

and your gunna go through a good chunk of your benzo stash that night.

when ever im trying to go to sleep on phet's i usually take a shot of whiskey or take a couple of sips of cough syrup (dxm)

anti psychotics are the best. Lyrica works pretty well also, then followed by the usual downers like benzos/opiates, they will just numb the bad effects though, won't remove them like anti psychotics will.

^ I can never even eat on amp... blah.

Anti-psychotics are good in that regard because they kill the high/comedown and also increase your appetite quite a bit so your able to eat with ease when normally you'd still have that amped up feeling in your gut. I only have experience with Zyprexa (olanzapine) and Seroquel (quetiapine) though, but both increase your appetite, even if you've taken speed.

Basically nothing OTC is going to kill it.

Clonidine will kill the racing heart, which for me is the major factor preventing me from sleeping after a long day on amps.

The curse of amphetamines is that there isnt much out there that can override it, without a prescription of course :X

I hate to say this because mixing these with anything, let alone by themselves, is never a good move... but pharmacologically it makes sense.

Barbiturates.

I have a prescription for seconal and 30mg IR adderall. 30mg's is the only dose that works for my ADHD, but the problem with taking it is when I take it for classes after 6pm it severely cuts into my sleep. The effects of amp may very well not be noticable after 4 hours, but it definitely keeps me awake for at least 6 - 7 hours after I've eaten it. I also get into trouble when I take a dose of adderall or dexedrine at night and find my work done after 1 - 1.5 hours, because it means I'll be awake for 6 hours more when it isn't necessary. I've got a prescription for 2mg xanax, but honestly it's just a waste of xanax to try to kill off the effects of 30mg's of amphetamine 1 - 2 hours in. This brings me to barbs..

Barbiturates have a unique mechanism of action, and do more than benzo's do not just by being "stronger". This is because barbs, unlike benzos, also inhibit AMPA, as well as induce the CYP family of enzymes. This is important for three reasons.

1. Increasing the effects of gaba will obviously help to "slow down" the body, though sometimes not enough to produce sleep, or the ability to sleep.

2. Inhibiting the AMPA receptor. AMPA is the main excitory receptor, and though DA, NE, and SE are responsible for amphetamines actions, down the line the successful transmission of these neurotransmitters is facilitated by AMPA. You can think of AMPA as the opposite of GABA. By blocking the AMPA receptor, barbiturates decrease the ability of DA, NE and SE cells (or any cells for that matter) to respond to, and release pre-synaptically, subsequent DA, NE and SE when stimulated by post-synaptic activation of DA, NA, and SE receptors. Thus, signal transduction fails. To put it in simpler terms, barbiturates make the cells less able to continue neurotransmitter facilitated release of the same neurotransmitters downstream because they make the cell "unable" to send the signal to release more of that neurotransmitter. I hope this makes sense.

3. Barbiturates induce the enzyme family responsible for breaking down amphetamine... the CYP450 family. By inducing the CYP450 family, you're speeding up the metabolism and elimination of active amphetamine from your body.

Taking these 3 things into account, it is no surprise that pharmacologically barbiturates are by far the most superior way of "killing" an amphetamine dose (next to antipsychotics, of course). But as I said above, I hesitate to tell people this because of the sheer danger of barbiturates... however in the interest of neurochemistry I felt that this post was necessary. I can also personally attest to the effectiveness of barbiturates in killing off the action of amphetamines.

In no way am I advocating the use of barbiturates in any way shape or form, except under strict doctor supervision... I just thought it would make an interesting addition to this thread.

Valium
Ghb-Gbl-1-4b
Weed
Alcohol

I do not think that weed is a good suggestion. Weed enhances/intensifies what ever substance you are already on when you use it. I've had comfortable highs on many different substances at different times become overwhelming and sometimes uncomfortable after smoking herb.

It's pretty hard to kill an amphetamine with out access to heavy shit the hospital uses. However, benzos or alcohol can take the edge off/make it easier to get to sleep or at least relax.