• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants How to kill an amphetamine high?

Revenant

Bluelighter
I don't like being messed up on speed if i dont have anything to do, and i dont have anymore to redose or up the high anymore..

does anybody know how to kill it off? if not completely, mostly?

I used downers to bring myself down..but it can be dangerous, if you re dose on either it's easy to OD because you cant really feel the ammount of the drug that you've taken
So if you pop some lortab to bring you down a bit then don't do any more of either for at least 12 hours to be safe :)

I don't think I have direct access to any at the moment ..

is there something I might already have available I could use? or would that be one of the only methods .. ?

I used DXM when I didn't have any but that can be bad considering that amphetamines can make you 'freak out' and that DXM makes you hallucinate - many non-existent demons have been experienced this way lol
if I were you I'd try to meditate out of it you know, warm milk, relaxing music, make your bed all cuddley and warm and dark.. just try to get some rest. Baths made me calm down...

oh yeah - benodryl. Also can cause hallucinations though.
I think depending on your weight - don't take more than 10 as a rule of thumb...

I used DXM when I didn't have any but that can be bad considering that amphetamines can make you 'freak out' and that DXM makes you hallucinate - many non-existent demons have been experienced this way lol
if I were you I'd try to meditate out of it you know, warm milk, relaxing music, make your bed all cuddley and warm and dark.. just try to get some rest. Baths made me calm down...

oh yeah - benodryl. Also can cause hallucinations though.
I think depending on your weight - don't take more than 10 as a rule of thumb...

I have a bottle of nyquil ..

I just want to force a sleep at the most, and wake up tomorrow hopefully not feeling this high, I took a very high dose of dex today, it was somewhere around the time I did 140mg lisdexamfetamine, but this high is less sickly feeling, I just feel like ..

Im wasting a bunch of time by being high on it, im usually super social when im on amphetamines but Im just really quiet right now and want everybody to go away,

I just kinda want this to be over, and I figure sleep might be the only way, but theres no way Im going to sleep anytime soon unless its forced..

Ah. Vyvance? It can be helish ad hard to kill...
Settle down with a boring movie, your benodryl (unless youve freaked out before) your sleepy time tea and cuddley pillows...
Just calm :) try to see it as insomnia and not like "im on drugs"
I'm sorry youre having a bad high - it sucks.

Ah. Vyvance? It can be helish ad hard to kill...
Settle down with a boring movie, your benodryl (unless youve freaked out before) your sleepy time tea and cuddley pillows...
Just calm :) try to see it as insomnia and not like "im on drugs"
I'm sorry youre having a bad high - it sucks.

well .. im not on vyvanse right now, the situation goes like this,

today i was fiending bad, and this kid i know (i didnt even know he did drugs), told me he'd give me these two white capsules of "super adderall", and obviously, i didnt think this guy would try to kill me, and he hasnt, just i probably shouldve only taken one of them, and saved the other for tomorrow, but i took two because the first one took forever to hit me, and i thought that it was just doing nothing.

now im super bored, and like not fun to talk to and stuff and like everything thinks im mad at them but im not, i just want today to be over, this sucks lol.

i have nyquil, but ive never really mixed dxm w/ amphetamine before, just some cough meds with pseudoephedrine in them and it like made my heart beat really fast, but i think ill be okay, im gonna go try that..

The safest way is to smoke a couple bowls and then pop a valium. That aborts any mediocre amphetamine high pretty quickly unless you do a lot of valium.

You'll want to take a nap after about an hour.

I don't recommend aborting it with dxm and i'm not sure why someone said that's a good idea.

^ i didn't - I said I've done it before and it's probably not a good idea. If one was really desperate they could try it.

antipsychotics, esp typicals as they are D2 heavy, most of the newer ones are 5ht heavy.

i.e. compazine, haldol, thorazine.

they'll stop it dead in its tracks pretty much.

seroquel or thorazine woulda been my first choice. dopamine antagonism destroys bad trips, bad rolls, and bad amph/blow highs like no rival...plus it puts you to sleep as it basically shuts every receptor down.

failing that, a benzo (best) or barbiturate (not as healthy).

or you could smoak some pawt, d00d, and have some draaaankz.

A benzos wont reverse the effects on the amphetamine but it may help you sleep at least.

A benzos wont reverse the effects on the amphetamine but it may help you sleep at least.

even just small doses of xanax and ativan put me out like THAT and im one of those people who cant sleep at all on most any dose of amphs. oh and I prefer xanax because its so quick, "huh i think im done with amphs for now" --> *xanax* -15min-> "zzzz". ive been prayin for a benzo since i got here as im away from home for almost the whole school year and thus cannot obviously work anything out with any connects. dyin here!

Yes I'm the same way. Alprazolam dosen't have much use for me aside from helping with my insomia. :\

Benzos sometimes help, but it depends on how much, how long ago, how often, etc. I'm not sure of your situation, but someone who isn't necessarily me, slams often and slams alot of crystal meth. A lot more than what is needed to stay up for the duration of my run. Years of that have changed my brain so it doesn't have the same effect it would have in my first few years. I'd say that the # of nights in a row that I sleep, free of meth, about equals the # of days I am geeked/tweeked, whatever. About 2-3 days on, 2-5 days off., and so on, occasionally taking a 1-2 week break, but I work too, 5-7 days a week, so I rarely sleep more than 10 hours at a time even if I want to, and always eat something at least once a day while on speed, even if I don't feel like it. In other words, I don't do the typical "crash" sleeping days at a time and pigging out. I just can't sleep longer than 12hours in 24, meth or no meth.

If you're talking about short-acting AMphetamine, and not meth, well, I don't have any problems coming down off of that quickly. If you're experiencing what I think you're experiencing, I wouldn't call that "messed up". You're just high and have nothing to do. No real way to turn that off like a switch. Lord knows, I wish it could be done sometimes.

You see, depending on if it's amphetamine or methamphetamine, and depending on how it was taken, chemicals that are naturally present in the brain are released in varying amounts, and in the case of meth, are prevented from being re-absorbed (reuptake) until the dope wears off. This causes the brain to shut down certain receptors to prevent damage. (mostly serotonin and dopamine) That's usually what happens when someone is said to be "over-spun". you're not really enjoying your high, but you can't sleep either. Fortunately, it doesn't shut down most of your receptors for the brain chemical called melatonin. (the chemical that relaxes you and tells you it's sleep time) When using amphetamines, and not too frequently, actually taking more melatonin can help. (you can buy it). All you need is that message that tells your brain to sleep, to be stronger than the speed message to stay awake. Keep in mind that if you take melatonin for more than a few days in a row, or too often, the receptors for that chemical in your brain start shutting down as well, and it begins to have no effect, even if you're not on speed. Effect is restored after several days of NOT dosing with melatonin. I'd say try it. A few shots of alcohol, as already mentioned doesn't hurt either. It helps to depress the message to stay awake, and the melatonin helps to increase the strength of the messege to sleep. for occasional relief from upset stomach... oh wait. That's a different commercial.

For occasional relief from the affects of meth or amphetamines, a little meletonin, and/or a little alcohol goes a long way to tip the balance to nighty-nite time. The alcohol always has some affect on depressing the speed effects, even if you get "burned out" on meletonin.

Keep in mind, you can't expect these to work if you took amphetamines 6 hours ago, or took a potent dose of meth less than 12 hours ago. If that's the case, your brain will pretty much ignore the meletonin, benzo, or alchohol and you will only get increased toxicity. Different combos or one of these already mentioned are about the best you can do. Just try them, one at a time, one run at a time, and see what works for you. Or better yet, quit speed altogether before you end up like me. You don't know what "messed up" is yet. Stop before you find out, and can't quit.